If Jabba's throne had steps, THEN it would be worth $200

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collector Freak said:
Honestly, Jabba and his throne are way too big as it is.

Word. He'll just barely fit on my dresser as it is!! :lol

I love the cellar in the kenner throne. I used to keep Lando in there, with one hand poking out (maybe he was begging for Colt 45). Wasn't a big Lando fan as a kid.

I think it's funny that there's still a little toilet in the SSC throne.

I just got back home from SDCC. I saw Jabba and the throne in person. I about had a heart attack. I missed most of Sideshow's booth because I was so mezmerized by the Jabba and throne. As long as the throne is not plastic it is worth the $200. It is HUGE! Sure it could be cheaper, but it is still just awesome!

JustinLuck said:
I miss my 80's Hasbro version. My parents gave it away at a yard sale without asking.:monkey2

Anyone have some pics of it so I can reminisce? :)

But even when I was three years old, I found it rather odd that he had a cellar underneath him when I knew the Rancor was underneath the entire stone block. ;) But still loved using it none the less! Got the Rancor for my fourth birthday party too. Still have memories of getting it at my birthday party at Chucky Cheese! Still have the Rancor too. :)

3?! geez, my childhood was so crappy i have no memories before the age of 5, almost 6. 1st time i was in a Chuck E Cheese i was 15. went there to meet a chick who worked there and play arcade games. only birthday party i ever had, i was like 2-3, but since it was before the age of 5, i have no memories of it. seen photos tho.

now i'm deppressed:monkey2

*grabs Stoli*

My only complaint on the $200 price tag is that it should have come with Salacious Crumb. Selling him seperately with the other creatures was a bit iffy on SSC's part imo. The creatures pack is a neat idea, but putting Crumb in there to make it practically necessary to go with the already pricey throne is pushing it.

Needless to say my throne will be Crumbless.

No need for any stairs...........looks good the way it is..............

Buttmunch said:
I just got back home from SDCC. I saw Jabba and the throne in person. I about had a heart attack. I missed most of Sideshow's booth because I was so mezmerized by the Jabba and throne. As long as the throne is not plastic it is worth the $200. It is HUGE! Sure it could be cheaper, but it is still just awesome!

I know most people will be lost with this comment, but did you hang out with any SCS peoples while there?

JustinLuck said:
Check out this custom!

003.JPG

https://www.skullcustoms.cl/Galeria/Galeria.Asp?Puntero=5&Id=83

These steps were in the movie, correct? This would allow even more figures to have dynamic poses around Jabba. Sideshow, the throne is already very large, why not make it even more accurate?

God! Some people are never happy.

The thing is big enough as it is.

Darth Kustomizer said:
God! Some people are never happy.

The thing is big enough as it is.

Yes, the current throne is big enough to display. But not worth $200.

For $200, the throne better have a damn good paint job. No bushy eyebrows on those cyclops busts.:D I think for $200, it should be more interactive, such as the ability to remove the frogs. But in it's current state, I think it looks like a $100 - $150 piece if made out of polystone.

denger4000 said:
I know most people will be lost with this comment, but did you hang out with any SCS peoples while there?

Unfortunately no. The SCS meeting was at the same time as Snakes on a Plane or Spider-man 3/Ghost Rider. I did go to the Simpsons panel, but I didn't see anyone I knew. I also didn't see any Sideshow Freaks there (that I know of). I wasn't able to go to the party because I was with my family and we were going non-stop to things. It was a blast though.

For all of those that don't think the throne is worth $200, you just need to see this thing in person to see its value. Sure $150 would be good too, but this thing is HUGE, detailed, and completes the set. Sideshow said they were thinking about having it come with Jabba, but figured this would be better because the Throne (at least at its price) will not be for everyone. The throne's price may also be taking some price off of Jabba, who could easily be $150. Also note, the Crumb pack is only $33. Sideshow usually rounds to the nearest $5 so saving us $2 is another plus to me because it shows they just don't round up to the nearest $5, but try to give us the best figure for the best price.

When you all get Jabba, your going to realize that he is well worth his price and hopefully the throne will not be sold out to those that didn't order it so they can order it after Jabba arrives. For being a fat, slimey, slug, this thing is a beautiful sculpture and my Sideshow hat is off to Dooley for such a great job. I saw things on Jabba (cut tail) that I never noticed before and re-watched Jedi the other day and saw them this time. This will be the Grail of the Star Wars line until something else this massive and impressive comes along.

Thanks for the great review, Buttmunch. :rock

I initially was going to pass on this but I caved in and pre-ordered the whole kit & kaboodle. Definitely the centerpiece of any SW 12" collection and perhaps any SW collection in general. Inside a display case or showcase will really make it look even more special. Finding the space to display it will be the hard part...

FlyAndFight said:
Thanks for the great review, Buttmunch. :rock

I initially was going to pass on this but I caved in and pre-ordered the whole kit & kaboodle. Definitely the centerpiece of any SW 12" collection and perhaps any SW collection in general. Inside a display case or showcase will really make it look even more special. Finding the space to display it will be the hard part...

You're welcome. There is just no way to see how cool this thing is until you see it in person. This truely will be a legendary figure. This thing drew my attention at comic con more than anything else, and they had some inpressive things like the 1:1 Terminator there. I too will need to find space :lol

EVILFACE said:
Then don't order it. If you do, then you think it's worth 200.

For me personally, yes, I want it enough to pay $200 plus 8% tax and shipping for it. But if this wasn't a Star Wars item and just a decorative piece made by a a different company, I think it would be sold for less and still have a healthy profit.

I don't know how much polystone costs. But I hope Sideshow uses the money towards the paint application of both the throne and Jabba. If the production closely resembles the prototype in terms of paint application, I will be very satisfied.

Buttmunch said:
Unfortunately no. The SCS meeting was at the same time as Snakes on a Plane or Spider-man 3/Ghost Rider. I did go to the Simpsons panel, but I didn't see anyone I knew. I also didn't see any Sideshow Freaks there (that I know of). I wasn't able to go to the party because I was with my family and we were going non-stop to things. It was a blast though.

For all of those that don't think the throne is worth $200, you just need to see this thing in person to see its value. Sure $150 would be good too, but this thing is HUGE, detailed, and completes the set. Sideshow said they were thinking about having it come with Jabba, but figured this would be better because the Throne (at least at its price) will not be for everyone. The throne's price may also be taking some price off of Jabba, who could easily be $150. Also note, the Crumb pack is only $33. Sideshow usually rounds to the nearest $5 so saving us $2 is another plus to me because it shows they just don't round up to the nearest $5, but try to give us the best figure for the best price.

When you all get Jabba, your going to realize that he is well worth his price and hopefully the throne will not be sold out to those that didn't order it so they can order it after Jabba arrives. For being a fat, slimey, slug, this thing is a beautiful sculpture and my Sideshow hat is off to Dooley for such a great job. I saw things on Jabba (cut tail) that I never noticed before and re-watched Jedi the other day and saw them this time. This will be the Grail of the Star Wars line until something else this massive and impressive comes along.

Ah but they had a bunch of meet ups and hang outs, Almost every day, although since you were with your family I can understand, hopfully I'll go next year, you better go to some scs meet ups!

Back