If Hot Toys Rereleased AVP Predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fully think they will eventually go this route. Make them different enough to retain value to those with the originals, but change or add a few things. This is their goldmine. Time to start the milking process.

Exactly..if there's money to be made they're going to do it. And the figures in question are hot and wanted by many.

You kind of answered your own question here. A change in packaging alone would differentiate between the 2 releases.

The issue, I think, is whether there's enough variation to support multiple figures. The P2 and Wolf Predators have several changes throughout their films, which just about justifies the multiple variants. With the exception of Scar, I don't think the same is true for the AVP Predators. But yeah, collectormania has a logic all its own, hence the value of the Ani-Com Scar.... :google ... and I'm sure some people would buy a rereleased Scar / Celtic just for the box.

Personally, I would like to see these figures rereleased; it would be a second chance for those that came later to the party, but would not devalue the originals except for Ebay scalpers (who, frankly, deserve it!). I just don't think it will happen.

i highly doubt a re-release......dont think there wont b anymore pred movies in the future cause there will b, which means more new opportunities for hot toys 2 keep making bank and keeping the interest and profit in these figures upon consumers.

I don't really care if they do re-release them, but if they did I'd probably get Celtic. :monkey3

if they do re-lease them (which i doubt) it will only drive up the prices of the originals!!! nothing would please me more if so!!

if they do re-lease them (which i doubt) it will only drive up the prices of the originals!!! nothing would please me more if so!!

How so?

It's purely speculation, but I'd assumed that the remorseless rise in value of the AVP Predators has at least partially been due to people trying to fill out gaps in their collection, having caught the 'bug' from the later Predators. A rerelease would hit this market in particular, and so I would have expected the resale vale of originals to drop as a result.

How so?

It's purely speculation, but I'd assumed that the remorseless rise in value of the AVP Predators has at least partially been due to people trying to fill out gaps in their collection, having caught the 'bug' from the later Predators. A rerelease would hit this market in particular, and so I would have expected the resale vale of originals to drop as a result.

trust me there would be no drop on the originals prices, they would only go UP. those who did not get the first wave would buy them if they are completist or want to seem like they were on the bandwagon when it started. a popular remake only makes the original more $$$$. for the ones who have room/time just wait until 20 years from now and see what all these go for.

How so?

I'm sure the prices would sky rocket.

Kind of like how vintage Star Wars figures are worth a lot, even though a bunch of them have recently made figs. For example a vintage Boba Fett can go in the $100's, but the newer ones go $10-$30. The same thing would happen to the HT AVP predators.

Prices of the originals would drop at first and then rebound. They would never get back to where they are now though. Demand would be met by the new ones and most people aren't completists.

it would be cool if they rereleased 'em coz i want to custom some preds but i anit paying 200 quid for em now just to rip the thing to make my own dude,

I think It would make the price of the originals go up because It seems to me since BD pred 2 came out the original pred 2 has became more rare and goes for more on the bay(I'm not 100% sure im right though)
So it would make the originals go up in value and give the people who missed out on the 1st batch of AVP preds to get em. :D

but then again I could be wrong im no Mrs.Cleo :peace

I have faith they will rerelease them.
There not gonna run out of figures because w never run out of movies or games.
I feel once the predator and alien line dries up a little in a few years they will set them on us again. It will be a long wait yet though.
No problem for me , since I hated both avp movies with a passion , the only thing I liked was ADI's awesome designs.

i hope they don't but if they do, they need to make say "Re-Release" all over the box so the peeps like me that have been scouring the net buying the originals have something to be proud of...

I think It would make the price of the originals go up because It seems to me since BD pred 2 came out the original pred 2 has became more rare and goes for more on the bay(I'm not 100% sure im right though)
So it would make the originals go up in value and give the people who missed out on the 1st batch of AVP preds to get em. :D

but then again I could be wrong im no Mrs.Cleo :peace

so you think the original wolf predator price will go up after they release BD WOLF??

Id be happy if they re released them with the newer dreads. Would be a far better figure than the first one then

Back