If Hot Toys Rereleased AVP Predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Ben

Super Freak
Reaction score
Would you guys be upset?

I personally would like updated versions of Celtic and Scar Predator. The bodies, heads, and dreadlocks could be improved to fit in better with the current Predator releases we've been seeing recently.

I think it'd be cool to make new versions that are different enough from the originals to prevent collectors from getting too po'ed.

even if they fixed the sculpts i'd probably have to pass on them again.
just not that cool, and i'd rather have more p2 predators.
and i like my microman avp figures just fine.
________
Marijuana hemp

Last edited:
NO WAY!!! sucks if you missed out on them but keep dreaming

I actually had the originals. I traded them. They just didn't fit in with the athesically superior Predator 2 figures. I think entirely new versions of them would be cool, but it's just my opinion and I don't think it'll happen. To each his or her own.

to be honest I wouldn't buy the old ones again I don't think.
The hot toys preds they have been releasing recently are far superior.
I hate the dreads when there heavy!,

I actually had the originals. I traded them. They just didn't fit in with the athesically superior Predator 2 figures. I think entirely new versions of them would be cool, but it's just my opinion and I don't think it'll happen. To each his or her own.

if after the predator 1 line there all dried up they just might do it.
Fingers crossed for updated preds...

Ive been preaching this since I got here. The AVP preds are mad overrated compared to the stuff HT has been putting out. Updated head sculpts and Open Mandible features please!

Whats wrong with his dreads? ( I havnt got him yet) I only have one of the AVP preds, I would agree that the new figures are indeed better! But the avp ones are still cool. The only reason I would probably not get the older ones is the price on ebay! :monkey2

So I do hope they do bring out new versions! Then I'll have them all at a good price :D

Though if they did, I bet there would be some angry people who paid over $500 for scar etc

Of course....and I think they will. Let face it, if there's money to be made Hot Toys is going to do it. And if you look at the AVP-R Cosababies release, there's the Ancients. So I expect to see them....maybe soon. It can be done without jeopardizing the collectability or value of the first release. It would probably increase the value.
As far as the dreads, I like Wolfs dreads....much better than the AVP dreads with the wire in them.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd love to see a proper 'final battle' Scar... open mouthed head, no shoulder cannon, damaged armour, random Alien body parts etc. And done properly, not a rehash of existing parts like the Ani-Com Scar.

Otherwise, I would not hold my breath for a re-release. Why? Because it would maul HT's 'short supply collectibles' rep. People go nuts for their figures because they know that they are only available for a very limited time. Once HT start rereleasing popular items, that rep is gone.

With both the P2 and Wolf figures, they've been very careful that the second releases have features that in some ways make them less definitive versions than the first release... blood on the P2, the single shoulder cannon on the Wolf. In AVP, only Scar has that sort of flexibility.

Common hot toys put your d+ck in your pants stop wasting time with the rip off cleaner kit version wolf and show us a good predator 1. As for releasing new scar,celtic etc nay should not be done. It would totally devalue the original ones i kind of like them being so rare and valueble but as karatka said different versions would be accepted eg final battle scar or battle damaged celtic. only time will tell

Personally, I'd love to see a proper 'final battle' Scar... open mouthed head, no shoulder cannon, damaged armour, random Alien body parts etc. And done properly, not a rehash of existing parts like the Ani-Com Scar.

Otherwise, I would not hold my breath for a re-release. Why? Because it would maul HT's 'short supply collectibles' rep. People go nuts for their figures because they know that they are only available for a very limited time. Once HT start rereleasing popular items, that rep is gone.

With both the P2 and Wolf figures, they've been very careful that the second releases have features that in some ways make them less definitive versions than the first release... blood on the P2, the single shoulder cannon on the Wolf. In AVP, only Scar has that sort of flexibility.

You kind of answered your own question here. A change in packaging alone would differentiate between the 2 releases. Did the re-release of the Takara Batman diminish the value of the first release? No. The only way HT's rep could be hurt is IF they released the exact same product and you couldn't tell one from the other....that won't happen.
For a so called rehash, the Ani-com Scar is the most valuable and sought after of the line. And that's due to the fact there were only 200 of them. Even less now I would guess.

I don't think it'll happen. Exactly what improvements could be made? The only one would be smaller heads/masks and non poseable dreads, that's not much of an improvement. And Ani-com scar came with an open mandible head. Since he's the only Predator other then Elder to be depicted that way in the movie, I don't see the need to rerelease the other characters that way.
And there's no way to rerelease the Asian & Sideshow Ancient Limited Edition Preds without invalidating them being limited because the ones in AVPR are exactly the same.

I don't think it'll happen. Exactly what improvements could be made? The only one would be smaller heads/masks and non poseable dreads, that's not much of an improvement. And Ani-com scar came with an open mandible head. Since he's the only Predator other then Elder to be depicted that way in the movie, I don't see the need to rerelease the other characters that way.
And there's no way to rerelease the Asian & Sideshow Ancient Limited Edition Preds without invalidating them being limited because the ones in AVPR are exactly the same.

Sure there are...Like I said different packaging is one. Another would be the improvement with the dreads, different accessories....there are 3 P2's each one different from the other...and yet those prices are still climbing. There are ways.

I fully think they will eventually go this route. Make them different enough to retain value to those with the originals, but change or add a few things. This is their goldmine. Time to start the milking process. And hey. How about an Elder without BLUE dreads???

Back