Ideas for a custom Red Dead Redemption figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8.jpg

Cool! That looks great.

Yeah, on the waist size, measure your figure around the waist and hip area where you want the rig to hang, over the clothes, and I will make it to fit a half inch smaller or bigger range... I do have a lag time of 4 weeks or so on orders, so if you get it wrong, I can always adjust the size if you let me know.

I agree! Lowering the hat was a great idea. Now it's truly ready to be sent to your caster Daniel. I don't think it can get any better than how you have the head and the hat now! :clap

Wow.

I've been watching this thread for a while now. I've not gotten much into customizing, I've heard a lot of bad things, probably just bad apples spoiling the tree, so I didn't have a lot of confidence that this would go anywhere. . . but wow, I was wrong.

Everything looks amazing. I wish I could plunk down some scratch for this project, hopefully things can turn around and I can jump in here, cuz I'd LOVE a John Marston figure.

Stevo, that back rig turned out great. The fact that you made it actually hold the rifle/shotgun is awesome.

Received the jacket today :yess: Cut the sleeves, didn't want to cut them to short as you can always cut more but can't add once cut. Plus need to leave some material so it can be frayed. Also did spurs.

100_4557.jpg

100_4558.jpg

100_4556.jpg

100_4554.jpg

That's GREAT work Leo! What did you use to make his spurs? Isn't that the gun rig you got earlier from Steve? What shoulder bag/satchel are you using? Is it from an existing SS or HT figure? I like the denim jacket! I'm glad I'm getting one of those too! My John Connor cut up jacket was okay, but the denim jacket looks MUCH better! :yess:

Where did you get your black gloves from? I'm going to repaint some brown gloves I got from the SS Star Wars Endor Trooper.

That's GREAT work Leo! What did you use to make his spurs? Isn't that the gun rig you got earlier from Steve? What shoulder bag/satchel are you using? Is it from an existing SS or HT figure? I like the denim jacket! I'm glad I'm getting one of those too! My John Connor cut up jacket was okay, but the denim jacket looks MUCH better! :yess:

Where did you get your black gloves from? I'm going to repaint some brown gloves I got from the SS Star Wars Endor Trooper.

Thanks Mike, it's coming together. Can't wait for Daniel Headsculpt!
The gun rig was part of the double shoulder & rifle holster I had bought a while back fro Paul Data. It will do for now till I can buy the complete Marston rig from Steve. The gloves are from Triad and the bag was one I had for my Indiana Jones before I got Sideshow's. Think it might be a Britsh WWII gas mask bag with a leather strap added. Spurs are DID with a brown leather strap to replace the black ones.

Okay, great! Thanks Leo for your "recipe" for your John Marston figure so far. I'll add the denim jacket when mine comes in the mail. Next for me for my figure, will be sunohc's awesome Marston head sculpt and hat. I'll have to wait and get Steve's gun rig, back holster, and a pistol and rifle from Steve last. I may put a custom Indy shoulder bag from my original Indy that I put together before the Sideshow Indy was released. It was made by a former board member here.

It's a few pages back in this thread. It's one that toylion found on eBay. I'll find the link to it and post it in my reply here soon for you. :wave

Here it is on eBay now. Both toylion and I have one. It looks like it is the most accurate one we'll find to what Marston wears. Other than the yellow stitching. That can be painted down, or distressed to look darker, if needed.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350359897289

The seller is still offering free shipping from Hong Kong. I would jump on buying the jacket now before he adds the shipping back into the price for the jacket. Order as soon as you can!

Last edited:
You're welcome! toylion has his already, and it looks great to me. That's why I wanted one too for my custom John Marston. :wave

How much will the headsculpt cost?

$30 for head, $10 for hat, plus combined shipping ($5 US, $13 international)

This way people can get only the head if they're getting stevostoys real hat
I'm going to put it up on my website next week with some others :)

Thanks Daniel (sunohc) for the pricing list for the Marston head and hat! :wink1:

I look forward to seeing it up for sale soon on your website! I think it was great that you sculpted the hat as a separate piece so that those people that wanted to buy Stevostoys cloth hat could do so. I'm going to stick with sunohc's molded hat and head sculpt myself! They're AWESOME! :yess:

Back