Ideas for a custom Red Dead Redemption figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seb sort of makes my sculpts look better than they actually are.
i love the way he did the hair , eyes, and lips, fantastic!

Well, in my opinion Daniel, Seb brings out the EXCELLENCE in your sculpts! It's amazing what a great paint job can do to bring out the sculpt. Look at what it does with Trevor Grove's sculpts for Sideshow's figures! If his sculpts had better paint jobs from the factory...everyone would have the best possible sculpt available showcasing the sculptors skills for sculpting. How many times have we seen already VERY POOR paint applications from Sideshow that HURT great head sculpts?! Hot Toys is KILLING Sideshow with their excellent head sculpts AND their superior paint applications on them. As is the case with yours Daniel. The better paint applications TRULY bring out the sculpt. When great care is taken to paint the head sculpt the best possible way...the sculpt really does "pop" and look incredible! :wave

Here's to hoping I can do it too like Seb did, when I have painted my John Marston head sculpt from you soon.

Last edited:
^ well said and I 100% agree. I would say though that the best paint artists do seem to be able to add certain detail and texture that makes you think the sculpt is better than it is.

In this case though, I think the base sculpt is spot on and this is just a very very good paint app that shows it

You're correct. Daniel's sculpts are ALWAYS great! Having a GREAT paint job to bring out the sculpt is essential. I hope to do his Marston sculpt justice after I've painted mine.

Rockstar posted some info on Marston's outfit. It's for 1:1 scale, but it might help some folks looking for accurate 1:6 scale stuff.

John Marston Outift

That is the only piece from Steve's Red Dead Redemption set that I didn't buy from him. I'm so happy with the molded hat from Daniel. I really prefer that one more than the felt/cloth hat from Steve. I love Steve's guns and gun rig. I'm very happy to have those! :wave

Well, after months to putting this together.... here he is. Thanks to all involved, especially sunohc for getting this rolling and mighty jabba for doing a fantastic paint up on the head. Thanks a TON mate!

marston_1.jpg

marston_2.jpg

marston_3.jpg

marston_4.jpg

marston_5.jpg

More pics to follow.

Here are the remaining pics...

marston_6.jpg

marston_7.jpg

marston_8.jpg

marston_9.jpg

There you have it!

Again, thanks to all involved here, as I couldn't have done it without you!

That is an awesome Marsten bash Sham :rock Playing Undead Nightmare right now, someone should get some pics with some 12" dead figs :exactly:

Your John Marston looks great stshammgod! I love how you made him a custom figure stand too! I'm going to do the same thing and paint his name, and the game's name on the figure stand.

I gotta paint my Marston head this week! I really want to finish it. I've just been putting it off for a while...due to work at two jobs. Not by choice. :wave

Anyone know where I can get the red bandana for his neck, Toy Anxiety is sold out of the red.

Last edited:
Back