Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t wanna be that guy…but…

Where the heck has Andy been? And why haven’t we heard anymore about Ken, Akuma, and Chun li?

Now we have 2 third party Chun’s…and nothing from Iconiq.
It’s really weird because there have been so many awful Chun Lis the past 5~ years and maybe only a couple Cammys and other female characters here and there by Super duck or something.

But all of the the sudden, Iconiq announce their plans to make their Chun Li, and two decent options come out of nowhere. Which, I honestly have to think is pure coincidence—no way the two other companies could have even had the time to build those prototype figures since Iconiq’s Chun Li tease, right? Not to mention the ambitious plans to release them within four months.

I think we will see this more and more as third party companies are able to continue delivering higher quality products with features like the accurate seamless bodies.

I don’t wanna be that guy…but…

Where the heck has Andy been? And why haven’t we heard anymore about Ken, Akuma, and Chun li?

Now we have 2 third party Chun’s…and nothing from Iconiq.
Andy chimed in @Lord Turel

Attachments

• IMG_7773.png
    IMG_7773.png
    709.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It’s really weird because there have been so many awful Chun Lis the past 5~ years and maybe only a couple Cammys and other female characters here and there by Super duck or something.

But all of the the sudden, Iconiq announce their plans to make their Chun Li, and two decent options come out of nowhere. Which, I honestly have to think is pure coincidence—no way the two other companies could have even had the time to build those prototype figures since Iconiq’s Chun Li tease, right? Not to mention the ambitious plans to release them within four months.

I think we will see this more and more as third party companies are able to continue delivering higher quality products with features like the accurate seamless bodies.

Excellence breeds excellence.

The 3rd parties do have their qualities…but I’m gonna hold out for iconiq’ s.

Went with the Star Man one, I slightly prefer the Play Toys head sculpt but the rest of the set is better with the former imo.

Where do you guys order play toy? Can't find on osk

Osk will NOT carry the knock off chun li’s. Might violate his contract or so with Iconiq(not sure). But he confirmed he won’t be carrying play toy or star man.

Giant toy is the next best option

Gundammit has Playtoy chun-li too, highly recommend them. Star man will probably show up in other places soon as well.

Star Man Chun-li is now in GDI for $199. I have some points saved up and can get it for $178, kinda tempted :panic:

Star Man Chun-li is now in GDI for $199. I have some points saved up and can get it for $178, kinda tempted :panic:
GDI is honestly amazing. I’ve always been surprised by their low deposit costs—the one time I’ve seen it higher than $10 or so was when they explicitly stated in the item description that the manufacturer required them to set a higher price. You got your Zack Fair fig from them, right? The only thing I mildly dislike about them is that they often put tape with their logo all over the shipper boxes which is impossible to peel off without mildly damaging the outer layer :lol

GDI is honestly amazing. I’ve always been surprised by their low deposit costs—the one time I’ve seen it higher than $10 or so was when they explicitly stated in the item description that the manufacturer required them to set a higher price. You got your Zack Fair fig from them, right? The only thing I mildly dislike about them is that they often put tape with their logo all over the shipper boxes which is impossible to peel off without mildly damaging the outer layer :lol
Yeah I got my Zack from GDI and it came pretty quick from China to UK!
And yeah haha I did have that tape and their logo all over my shipper box too, personally I dont mind it.
But yeah I can imagine some people having an issue with that lol.

Back