Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the exclusive was supposedly the Age of Apocalypse head sculpt.

181571-40543-iceman_large.jpg

at least they learned their lesson of not advertising something they werent gonna deliver.

The base should not be the same color/material as the iceman, it should be the normal color/environment to highlight the iceman uniqueness. Also the iceman itself detail falls far short of my expectation.

This is a fail, pass.

Bowen's Iceman is a much better looking piece than this. I don't like this at all, just looks weird all around.

I agree, from the pics his hunched over position looks awkward and his right hand holding the ice shard just looks strange. Another instance of trying too hard to be different and screwing up the pose. They also sculpted him going upwards in a weird fashion instead of flowing downwards (or upwards) gracefully. Dual tiptoes with a hunched over posed makes him look very funny.

200197_press06-001.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, horrible :horror:Flush

This is just awful. The pose is absolutely weird, and not in a good way. It looks awkward, smaller than 1/5 and is $279??? HA

PASS

1/5 = easy pass.

But I have to say the translucent effect of the status is pretty cool. The pose looks a little weird, but not too bad, since Iceman doesn't have to slide on the ice block. Looks more like he uses it as kind of a stairway (seriously). :) So in that interpretation it actually makes sense.

:gah: Where's the AoA headsculpt?

I actually don't mind the pose, & the bald headsculpt looks alright. I wanted the AoA headsculpt though :thud:

Still kinda interested in it, but it's a pass for now :D

200197_press02-001.jpg

Brightside / glass half full is that the production paint job should be really hard to ckfu up.

Meh, not like if it was a homerun I was going to buy it anyway :monkey3 looks small as hell and plain as well. ES predicted at less than 300 or even might be scrapped.:lecture

Huge pass, 1/5 with awkward pose, no thanks.

A 1/4 scale Jim Lee PF version i would have had.

I have a feeling this Ice man comiquette is destined to join Venomsarus, Nightcrawler, Hulk 1:1, Rambo etc in Sideshows unsold warehouse.

IndianaJonesWarehouse.jpg

LOL I hope so !!! :yess:

What an awkward pose!!!?????? :thud::thud::thud::slap:slap:slap. Instead of a true super hero sweeping effect, they come out with a crouched, hunched, totally spastic pose, which is frankly, just painful to watch.

Too true. This piece does nothing for me.

P.S. Whatever happened to Barbarian? No posts. No pics. The joint is just not the same without him.[/QUOTE

He's posting over at SF. He must be busy. His pics are AWESOME! Hopefully he'll pop in when he has time. I enjoy his posts as well.

I agree, from the pics his hunched over position looks awkward and his right hand holding the ice shard just looks strange. Another instance of trying too hard to be different and screwing up the pose. They also sculpted him going upwards in a weird fashion instead of flowing downwards (or upwards) gracefully. Dual tiptoes with a hunched over posed makes him look very funny.

200197_press06-001.jpg

Gollum + Mr. Manhattan (from Watchmen) = New Ice Man Comiquette :gah:

Back