Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super disappointed that they scrapped the AoA head. I probably would have bought it if they hadn't (diggin' the color). Still not in love with the pose though.

I'm also not sure why its more of an actiony pose considering angel is in regular flight and beast is reading. I think Iceman should have just been standing straight up, with one elbow on an ice block of some kind and the other hand tossing a snowball into the air (clear connector in between hand and snowball). Funny grin on his face too.

Like this guy, except less lame: https://www.shutterstock.com/s/leaning/search.html#id=11289448

Last edited:
We have to wait another year to see a Jim Lee one.

Why would you think that? The entire Jim Lee line is in PF format. You can't make a Ice Man PF. What part of him would be mixed media? This may be the only Ice Man statue you see from SSC. I can't see any other ones being made anytime soon.

Last edited:
I certainly hope they do a 1/4 scale PF of Iceman because this one is a turd. I do like the bald head which is what they showed in the teaser image last week, so I thought this was going to look great. Wrong! While it isn't terrible, it is a boring piece including pose, color and base. Personally I don't think Iceman is popular enough to do in another format/scale but Sideshow loves their B (and less) grade characters so I hope they do a Jim Lee version but only AFTER they do a 1/4 scale Archangel. :lecture

Until then, Angel will be standing alone.

^ Angel comiquette is my one off Xmen statue I am buying. The sculpted is fantastic and it would make a great stand alone piece.

^ Angel comiquette is my one off Xmen statue I am buying. The sculpted is fantastic and it would make a great stand alone piece.

Now we only have to wait another 4 months for it. :lol

We ordered this back in Feb 2011, so it is going to be over a year before we have it in hand. Ridiculous!

Psylocke had me convinced I'd collect all the x-men comiquettes. Looking at this I feel better about my comiquette purchases. No offense, but the Bullseye 1/5th comiquette probably towers over this and its also like $100 cheaper right now.

I dont like this trend of grossly inflated inferior products. The beast comiquette was well worth the money. I still cant get over the fact that some of the best comiquettes (Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil) were all cheaper than this..

not a good trend.

I'd buy this if it were 100$ cheaper.. and only because Im curious and a bit of a completist. Other than that, Id much rather have the Nick Fury Comiquette or even Madam Hydra / DarkChilde.

Well it is a little awkward. I think the sculpt with the hair looks really cool! I have to admit that I am getting tired of the male poses at SS. I feel like my SSC are a team of ribbon dancers.

Psylocke had me convinced I'd collect all the x-men comiquettes. Looking at this I feel better about my comiquette purchases. No offense, but the Bullseye 1/5th comiquette probably towers over this and its also like $100 cheaper right now.

I dont like this trend of grossly inflated inferior products. The beast comiquette was well worth the money. I still cant get over the fact that some of the best comiquettes (Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil) were all cheaper than this..

not a good trend.

I'd buy this if it were 100$ cheaper.. and only because Im curious and a bit of a completist. Other than that, Id much rather have the Nick Fury Comiquette or even Madam Hydra / DarkChilde.

Would also prefer Hydra or Darkchilde. When I think about it Darkchilde has alot of interesting details on it :dunno

On a positive note, there's a nice Vulture custom lying underneath. :monkey1

200197_press04-001.jpg

I'm a little disappointed with this tbh. I was hoping for a better outcome. I like the exclusive spiked hair head best and I'm not a fan of the bald one. The pose is a bit awkward where it looks like he's in a musical and doing the "snap your fingers dance fighting thingy". Especially his right hand.

I'm super disappointed that they scrapped the AoA head. I probably would have bought it if they hadn't (diggin' the color). Still not in love with the pose though.

I'm also not sure why its more of an action pose considering angel is in regular flight and beast is reading. I think Iceman should have just been standing straight up, with one elbow on an ice block of some kind and the other hand tossing a snowball into the air (clear connector in between hand and snowball). Funny grin on his face too.

Like this guy, except less lame: https://www.shutterstock.com/s/leaning/search.html#id=11289448

Final Determination on Iceman will be when I see it, price it and when the release date is and from what I am seeing the last two are not going to matter, I will be agreeing with; Ice on this one, not feeling this at all they could have gone in a different direction.

I'm going to take the wait and see approach on this comiquette. I thought that I would like the Iceman right off the bat, but that surely isn't the case after see the full reveal.

Back