I was looking at Luke, and just noticed . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Customikey said:
I just love it when people say, "I was forced..."
"The Devil made me do it! Whooo!"
~The Immortal Flip Wilson (who had normal length arms)

EVILFACE said:
:lol That's pretty descriptive. Do you have first hand experience?
Yes, but with another Co.

As a matter of fact, I'm soo deep that I can't even type this! I have to yell
out what I want & THEY type it for me!
:rotfl

*ss*

Agent0028 said:
It's not that people can't take constructive criticism for sideshow, its just that when its the same constructive criticism over and over it becomes annoying. So let's not beat anymore dead horses.

Now shuddup and eat yer banana :monkey1

It might be annoying but that doesn't change the fact that his arms "are" too long. I just hope SS pays attention, so that next time, we can get correct arms. I have long arms too but my hands aren't at my patela.

Now you shuddup and eat yer banana :monkey1

Cheers,

brad

drbrad1975 said:
Now you shuddup and eat yer banana :monkey1
:lol Just to clarify I didn't mean to direct that at you necessarily, I'm assuming by your response you took it in the good natured way I intended it. But in case you didn't I thought an apology might be in order.

I do agree that the arms are too long, I mentioned that in the post originally but then took it out before I posted figuring that it was repetitive, it seems most people do think the arms are too long, its just that some are more upset with it than others. I myself am annoyed because I was going to have one arm down by has side with the unignited lightsaber in hand, but due to the arm length I had to elevate it a bit.

I agree with your post above wholeheartedly agent.

It's funny because I LIKE the Luke figure! Hell, I'm sure (Or at least I hope)
that sideshow is ALWAYS trying to improve on older figures. There should'nt
be a problem with pointing something out that might bother you.

It's when the opposing side defend the item & disregard your opinion that
people start thumping chests & both sides get entrenched (& there shouldn't
be a "both sides" thing. We should all be after the best possible item, always).

I love this certain Co, & when people point out flaws, my initial kneejerk
reaction is to immediatly go into defend mode, when in truth, most of the
time the comments being made are right on the money. It's much harder for
fans to face facts & accept flaws in their favorite co's than it is to admit that
there might be problems that could be fixed & actually improve an item.

I HATE this us against them mentality! I'm going to say it right here...
I LOVE SIDESHOW! I LOVE THEM TO DEATH!

Wanting them to improve on greatness doesn't take away from the above
statement & it shouldn't need defending!

[/victory speach song]

*ss*

Thanks ss, I guess it just shows if two people on two completely different paths walk long enough they come to a meeting of the minds. Long live mixed metaphors!

Anyways, I think this whole us against them mentality is stemming from people who are disparaging in their criticism, so that it isn't always constructive. And criticisms that are very nitpicky like forehead creases (well nitpicky in my opinion, I suppose some people may disagree). I think the problem we're running into with the Luke isn't that people disagree that the arms are too long but that it keeps being brought up as if everyone doesn't already know.

The other problem IMO is that when someone complains or criticizes and someone else defends the criticizer thinks the defender is questioning their right to criticize (which granted some do) and then it blows up from there with everyone taking sides. I try to refrain from jumping in and adding to the fire, but sometimes its hard to watch a barfight and not join in. :D

Agent0028 said:
I think the problem we're running into with the Luke isn't that people disagree that the arms are too long but that it keeps being brought up as if everyone doesn't already know...
AH! Here in might lie the rub.

You see I have Luke & can talk about him with others who have Luke as well BUT it's probably going to take at least a month or more for everyone to get Luke (both versions), so we'll have old topics pop back up.

Take the 1/4 Obi for example. I haven't gotten mine yet, so I just looked at the pics & moved on. Right now when I read through some of the posts though, I came across the tattered threads on the Obi cloak. If I get mine a month from now, & do a quick search through the forums on this, I might not find anything & decide to post about it becaus it's someting that I'd like to discuss at that moment.

ALSO, if sideshow comes to these boards to talk shop & post about only things that THEY want to talk about or want us to talk about, people might get the impression that they either don't know about the problem OR don't think that there's enough people who care to have it fixed. A quick post from a fellow member that reads: "sideshow is aware of this & has addressed it here in X thread", goes a LONG way to sooth a collectors soul.

Maybe they should step down from Mount Sideshow-icus every once in a while & address some of our mere mortal concerns. In the long run though, I would hate for any of these threads to Jinx their good fortune, which I commend them on.
:cool:

*ss*

That's a good point about it being brought up later, if a month or two from now someone posts about Luke's arms being long I could understand that. I can also understand it being brought up when the figure is first put up and then being brought up again when people actually have it. I can see this happening with Han (sculpt) and Mace (eyes/skin tone). It's been fun trading blows by the way ss. :cool:

Wor-Gar said:
I'm so glad Agent and Serg made up. Very touching too. Now, Serg, if you could just solve your problems with Evilface...
evilface & me? Nah... we TIGHT... like THAT!

So long as we keep it civil & we all know that our pot shots are all in fun, it's
ALL good. (hell, I just said in a post that I had MY OWN head up anther Co's
ass! If that doesn't show that I can take it... I don't know what does)
:lol

*ss*

Ironman1188 said:
The Dragon body is quite poseable. The head fit on perfectly, but Sideshow hands to not transfer to other 1:6 figures.

Ah, they do ;)

Try BBI G3.5 wrists - hot water the hands off and you can pop Sideshow hands right onto them. Works great with gloves, less good with the squared off wrists of bare hands (unless you want to carve some Sideshow plastic).

The BBI wrist pegs can then be padded out with cellotape and fitted into Dragon arms without any loss of Sideshow wrist articulation.

Now, whether the slight design changes on the SW wrists will still allow for that I don't know (and probably won't for another 2 or 3 weeks while the UK waits for the rowing boat bringing the toys over).

Ditto with female hands and Cy/Cool Girl 1.5+ wrists. Also, with the latter Sideshow femmes you can pull out the forearm/wrist assembly, trim down the Cy post fit it in to give arms of the right length!

Nick

Agent0028 said:
:lol Just to clarify I didn't mean to direct that at you necessarily, I'm assuming by your response you took it in the good natured way I intended it. But in case you didn't I thought an apology might be in order.

I do agree that the arms are too long, I mentioned that in the post originally but then took it out before I posted figuring that it was repetitive, it seems most people do think the arms are too long, its just that some are more upset with it than others. I myself am annoyed because I was going to have one arm down by has side with the unignited lightsaber in hand, but due to the arm length I had to elevate it a bit.

Thanks, I knew that you were just making a comment. Personally, I think companies need to learn to take the good with the bad. The SS Luke is a great figure, there is no denying that. However, it's just so close to perfection that it annoys me that they didn't fix this before production because it seems like such an easy fix. Nevertheless, I am pleased and I look forward to the rest of the Star Wars line, especially Obi-Wan and Anakin. No offense taken and take care. My apologies to you also.

Cheers,

Brad

Wor-Gar said:
I'm so glad Agent and Serg made up. Very touching too. Now, Serg, if you could just solve your problems with Evilface...
We made up? What'd we make up over? :lol

Hmm.... I wonder if it would help to put him on another body? I really don't want to mess with this figure since he's going to be such a highly sought after collectible in years to come but shorter arms would be nice. In four or five years, like around 2010, 2011, this figure is going to be going for around $500... I just know it.

A 4 1/2 year old thread.. yikes. I didn't think Dave even kept threads that long.

:dunno Swapped his buck out with Praji's, who was swapped with Ki Adi Mundi's. Non-issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. I have 14 of them MIB. The 15th has been sent to AutobotJohn to make more screen acurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back