I scored an unreleased Predator 1 and unannounced Gort Predator by Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys didn't tell me about Gort, Pan did..
So did he tell you any other exciting juicy news and will you share with us? I guess alot of us wanna know about the rest of the P1 team, other humans and the future of the Alien movies line.

Well, if he has a contract, I'm sure he'd be putting it in jeopardy. - I'd imagine any work done for Hot Toys, regardless of "who's" sculpt it is, is their property.

So did he tell you any other exciting juicy news and will you share with us? I guess alot of us wanna know about the rest of the P1 team, other humans and the future of the Alien movies line.

I can definitely say he didn't say or didn't know about any other lines or human characters Hot Toys is planning. My communication with him was pretty much about these pieces and what he wants for them.

Yeah, AB, who knows what their contracts are over there. I was certainly amazed to be getting a P1 head prior to release, finished or not. The mask reveal seems to be another issue, that's why I pulled it from the thread at his request. It does seem that he has no work coming to him from HT at the moment anyway because I asked him how I might get into sculpting for them, and that's when he mentioned that they only had plans for one more Pred after P1 and the new Pred would use an existing sculpt (hence his auctions for more money).

He didn't say which sculpt though, but did say it would be a Lost Pred, so the P1 variant with Gort helmet doesn't seem likely. However, with the Gort helmet, you could easliy make the P1 variant, and have another Lost Pred. Hopefully we'll get another Comic Con reveal. Whatever they do, I'm sure it won't be quite what we would expect.

It's sad to hear that the Predator line might be coming to a close, but I really hope they go out with a big bang.

The Gort is a good way to do it, but I wouldn't mind if it came with the Ram and Brother Boar bio helmets too.

I wish Hot Toys would do a Predator True Type thing. Offer base pred bodies, head sculpts, armor packs, and mask sets, so you can make an endless supply of custom Pred clan memebers. They pretty much have all we would need already; they just need to make a few more masks.

i was watching this auction but the seller ended it early. Last time I saw it was going for $22 + 1 day left. You must have offered an amount he cannot refuse :drool

Here is a photoshop of what Cajunsith is having me do with his HT Wolf head.

This pic was of a lifesize prop piece, not the HT headsculpt.

WolfHead.jpg

Loose, Mint.....

Can you post a Pic? I think that is a fair trade, but I still need an Elder figure to start with. Do you have one?

i was watching this auction but the seller ended it early. Last time I saw it was going for $22 + 1 day left. You must have offered an amount he cannot refuse :drool

He told me what he was hoping to get, and I gave it to him. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to use the P1 head for a one of a kind custom. Now I'm thinking of using the P2 mandibles to create something like this.

snakescreenshot.png

221snakepl4.jpg

That's a great score. I guess Pan should have mentioned not to spread it around, though that's no guarantee either that someone isn't going to give the game away. He will have only had himself to blame. He should have sold them after Hot Toys made them, no problems and he probably would have made more on them to boot. Ahh well, it all ends up meaning you have these beaut sculptures. Nice work.

If that's the case, the easy fix would be to simply USE a P1 head with the bio on a P2 body.

Quite, but if it's a straight fit onto a P2 head it saves buying & repainting a head.

Though by the sounds of thinks, the 'Gort' is going to be a P2 release after all.

What custom are you making, mate?

Btw, have these protos reached your hands just yet? Wanna see better photos!

Haven't got the protos yet. Actually, those are still up for grabs. PM me if you want to make him an offer.

For right now, I am only getting the P1&2 vinyl casts and the gort mask. As for what I am making, I am aiming for a Snake custom, or something similar.

To anybody as concerned about Pan's wellbeing with Hot Toys as I am, I heard from Pan that he hasn't gotten into any trouble because of me, so it's all good. He should be shipping my stuff out on Monday, so hoepfully I'll have them this week, or early next week. I have agreed not to show the mask until it has been officially announced though.

^^^that's a nice score. hopefully HT makes the other Lost Predators, but this line has to come to an end soon....well, at least until another movie comes out. until then they are tapping my accounts with their other lines.

i dread the day the predator line stops. i guess i'll end up hunting down the ones i don't have yet and maybe a full-on custom Ram if they don't make it.

Me, too.. All lines come to an end but i will have to start buying customs to get more of the lost predators..i have other lines i collect but it will suck big time when 1/6 scale predators are done being produced.. Lets just hope for a P3 movie sometime soon :)

my bank account will be happy

i dread the day the predator line stops. i guess i'll end up hunting down the ones i don't have yet and maybe a full-on custom Ram if they don't make it.

Back