I picked sideshow exclusive predator maquette over cinemaquette predator.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I do agree there are some elements of the CM that look better, I respectfully disagree completely about the face. The pose of the head and dreads on the SSC is much better and infinitely more accurate that the CM. I don't think there's much argument that the CM head is a refined sculpt that seems to be a mix of P1 and P2 or something. In terms of accuracy, the SSC one is the better sculpt. I just think the CM one will have much better detailing and finishing to the final product.

Anyhow, I would prefer to sell other collectibles in my collection and try to have both the SSC and CM rather than have one or the other. In term
a of pre-paints in my opinion, the top 3 collectibles that are "must haves" are the SSC P1 bust, the P1 Maquette and the CM Pred.

EDIT - Oh and the CM base is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the SSC base, both in terms of sculpt AND in paint job. I was always kind of disappointed with the base on the SSC maquette, like they rushed through painting them to get them out ASAP.

I can live with that Dan, I guess I just like the CM more

Awesome pick up! I am with those who think that the SSX Maquette looks better than the CM. If I were to own ONE...that would be it. Post some pics when you get it!.

I think the Predator CM doesn't seem to be worth the 2k, and I like it a lot, but this one is growing on me, and it looks better than the CM, well, IMO.

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd add my thoughts on this, as I found it a particularly interesting thread.

I myself deliberated for absolutely ages over the Sideshow Predator, ever since it was announced. To my mind, getting the exclusive version of this piece was absolutely essential, as not having the option of displaying with the helmet would have bothered the hell out of me.

Then a dealer phoned me to say he could get hold of the exclusive version. At the rather frightening price of £1,000! Not that I have a problem with that however. As a collector of these statue, I've only ever bought stuff I really love, as opposed to being a 'completist' of any particular range.

But herein lies the problem I had with Sideshow's Predator. The pose. I had real doubts about it as soon as I saw it online. In particular, the stance seemed quite unrealistic - almost like the creature was posing very 'falsely' for the camera. From certain angles, it almost looked like it would actually topple over if someone pushed it from behind!

Having seen the statue in person only confirmed this fact. It just didn't look 'right'. My feeling was this was an absolutely beautiful sculpt, but fatally flawed by an awful choice of pose. I breathed a sigh of relief (as did my wallet!)

Then a few months ago, I saw some photos of Cinemaquette's Predator. And instantly I fell in love. The first thing that struck me was the incredibly life-like sculpt. The detailing all over was absolutely outstanding, easily outclassing SS's. The pose was solid, more naturalistic and more importantly, upright! It almost looked like a photographer had captured the beast unawares, for a split second. (Although I guess he wouldn't live to regret that descision!)

I didn't even need to think about placing my order. Fortunately, I managed to get it for the same price as I would have paid for SS's - including all shipping costs (from Play.com)

I'll go out on a limb by saying this, but it could well be the finest Predator collectable of all time. Only time will tell...

~ D ~

welcome to the board Darkheir! I had the exact same reservations as you did - the pose always bothered me... gorgeous statue, gorgoues detailing, but that pose....

It's very interesting to see such variety in the tastes of collectors :) I LOVE the SS pose, I find it's dynamic and looks like he's about to swipe the head off some unlucky bastige standing in front of him, and I always loved the pose. So it's just neat to see how there's two totally different perspectives.

I agree with Fakin I think the Sideshow's Predator has an awesome pose. Like he's ready to go toe to toe with someone. I always look at it like he just shot his plasma cannon and gets into battle stance. Also I love the masked Predator look. Cinemaquette is awesome also but Sideshow no way pales in comparison.

Man !! I want the sideshow maquette so bad.
I love the pose way better on sideshow's becausde its more dynamic.
full action pose " he is getting ready to stab you with the blades" but me being a fan of the predator I will buy both.
I cant agree too much with CM's price. By the time I get him shipped here costums fees, TAX ETC.. he will end up costing like 3k.
NO WAY !!! I rather save 2k more and the get the ULTIMATE GRAIL!!

1:1 FULL size endo COMBAT

ohh by the way !!
CONGRATZ ON THE HAUL CRAZY PREDATOR 2

welcome to the board Darkheir! I had the exact same reservations as you did - the pose always bothered me... gorgeous statue, gorgoues detailing, but that pose....

Thankyou kindly Reinhardt, a relief to know that someone agrees with my rather self-indulgent ramblings!

However, I also respectfully realise that the SS piece has a massive following which has elevated it to 'grail' status. Good luck to those that chose it, or are hunting it. Hope my posting didn't come across as overly dismissive...

Safe to say that for us collectors, the old adage certainly rings true. Beauty is, most definitely, in the eye of the beholder :joy

i may be wrong, but i think the ss predator is posed, exactly like the 1/1 one at stan winston studios, which was scanned and the 1/4 sse predator was created from. i love the pose, on ss and cm's , but i chose sse predator. but mite get the cm one also someday.i'm hoping for an aliens alien queen next, and my collection will be almost complete.

Last edited:
Man !! I want the sideshow maquette so bad.
I love the pose way better on sideshow's becausde its more dynamic.
full action pose " he is getting ready to stab you with the blades" but me being a fan of the predator I will buy both.
I cant agree too much with CM's price. By the time I get him shipped here costums fees, TAX ETC.. he will end up costing like 3k.
NO WAY !!! I rather save 2k more and the get the ULTIMATE GRAIL!!

1:1 FULL size endo COMBAT

ohh by the way !!
CONGRATZ ON THE HAUL CRAZY PREDATOR 2
Thanks my friend.

I just wanted to chime in and say - crazypredator2...you made a great choice!

I also own the SSC Pred Exclusive and absolutely love it. Im planning on getting the CM pred as well....and to be honest they are both amazing pieces in their own right......I can see great things in both statues.

Back