I picked sideshow exclusive predator maquette over cinemaquette predator.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question Stag, I would say sooner than later because once the CM comes out, who knows what the going rate will be for the SS maquette.

Although you do have the Ex so I cant see it falling down in price too much but you never can predict the market. Who knows, maybe the CM will suck and the SS Ex will jump much higher in demand?

I just think it's too early to run out and buy SS maquette when it's still a (relatively) seller's market. Wait til the CM comes out, when everyone is jumping off the SS bandwagon, that's the time to buy...

Going by these reference pictures the CM IMO looks alot nicer and detailed.

71431_press01-001.jpg

024669predatornecrohellgw7.jpg

Im not saying the SS one is bad, hell no im just saying the CM looks alot nicer thats all

Everything from the base, skin tones, face sculpt and dreads

Everybody is right. It is a dificult choice?
but going from experience: I have never had a problem with polystone (sideshow Predator).

Cinnemaquete is a different story:
I ordered a Jack Sparrow into the shop. I have started too notice problems with the rubber on his face.

We'll see if they improved the Predator Cinnemaquete...

i say wait for the cinemaquettes 2 start shipping and look at the pics then........i dont ever c the cinemaquette increasing in price on the secondary market, who knows, u could prolly got one a couple hundred dollars cheaper once they have been out for awhile, thats my plan anyways. no way im sellin mine!
i disagree. the popularity for the CM predator is a LOT more than their other pieces that are out. it sold like hot cakes at every site that was offering preorders for it. i think after they ship the last run and the supply dries up this piece will be very expensive to find.

Going by these reference pictures the CM IMO looks alot nicer and detailed.

71431_press01-001.jpg

024669predatornecrohellgw7.jpg

Im not saying the SS one is bad, hell no im just saying the CM looks alot nicer thats all

Everything from the base, skin tones, face sculpt and dreads

While I do agree there are some elements of the CM that look better, I respectfully disagree completely about the face. The pose of the head and dreads on the SSC is much better and infinitely more accurate that the CM. I don't think there's much argument that the CM head is a refined sculpt that seems to be a mix of P1 and P2 or something. In terms of accuracy, the SSC one is the better sculpt. I just think the CM one will have much better detailing and finishing to the final product.

Anyhow, I would prefer to sell other collectibles in my collection and try to have both the SSC and CM rather than have one or the other. In terms of pre-paints in my opinion, the top 3 collectibles that are "must haves" are the SSC P1 bust, the P1 Maquette and the CM Pred.

EDIT - Oh and the CM base is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the SSC base, both in terms of sculpt AND in paint job. I was always kind of disappointed with the base on the SSC maquette, like they rushed through painting them to get them out ASAP.

I just bought a sideshow exclusive predator maquette, i've wanted it ever since it came out, but missed out on it, until today, finally it's mine!
I started to get the cinemaquette predator, but changed my mind, i went with sideshows. :banana

Congratz, one of the greatest pieces ever, it ownes the cinemaquette in my opinion.

They are both great ofcourse. The cinemaquette is more refined, more detailed and has a better pose, a masterpiece. However i think the Sideshow version is a bit more accurate to the first movie, that's why i like it a bit more. The cinemaquette seems to have the larger skull from Predator 2. Both great pieces to own!

Last edited:
I think with these two pieces its a big decision.
You have to think. If the piece means most to you and you care about accuracy alot go with the sideshow piece.
If you are an overall predator fan and are not too bothered about the accuracy's and stuff go with the cinemaquette. Although they do both represent the movie very very well.

If I had the cash they would both be mine ! :rock
Congrats once again. :rock

i like the sideshow one because he has the mask on, thats the standard image of p1 but theres something about the CM that just stinks of awesomeness. there both great pieces :rock

i wish i wasnt poor :(:(:(

The sideshow one is P1, the cinemaquette looks like a mix of P1 and P2. I would definately pick the sideshow maquette just because it looks more like the original predator. However i would have to say that the cinemaquette is better overall though. It has more detail, a better pose and is just more refined.

Last edited:
i disagree. the popularity for the CM predator is a LOT more than their other pieces that are out. it sold like hot cakes at every site that was offering preorders for it. i think after they ship the last run and the supply dries up this piece will be very expensive to find.

maybe so.......but i think since theres 1,000 made of them at that going price, it would take more than a yr for them to increase in value. i can guarantee many of these will pop up on ebay say for market value, with the live cashback stuff, u could save 200 dollars on this piece if u find the right one, maybe even cheaper if someone is looking 2 move one of these really fast, but as far as the SS maquette, only 300 were made of the ex. and those r pretty much dried up, u sell it now, it will b much more difficult 2 get one later on. imo it would b a lot easier 2 save $ for the cin. cause u could prolly still get it a yr from now 4 the same price.

Congrats man
The CM one i bad ass but pose is P1 and head is P2.
The Sideshow one is absolute accurate to me and the masked version
is top notch.
You made the right decision to go with Sideshow:joy

Back