Action Figure "I need a vacation." My HT Battle Damaged T2 T-800 COMPLETE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CREG Customs

Super Freak
Reaction score
You kids of old ages seem to enjoy WIP's so I thought I would start one on Arnie here...

Neca Head w/LED still intact. Nech chopped and head repaint coming.

Hot Toys outfit (soon to be damaged with tears and bullet holes)

Hot Toys Body with battery holder in back.

Altered Hot Toys left Arm

Not sure about a base yet...

Here we go!

IMG_3323.jpg

Updated 11-9

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

Little at a time...

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

Last edited:
Re: "I need a vacation." My HT BD T2 T-800 WIP

Looking forward to this...

Looking good so far! Does the NECA T800's head require a lot of work to go on the Hot Toys Muscle body?

Thanks Vodoun!

Looking good so far! Does the NECA T800's head require a lot of work to go on the Hot Toys Muscle body?

Thank you.

Yeah - you could say that. There is no way to connect it on it's own. I am going to have to construct a connector. Required a TON of dremeling.

Can't wait to see more, I love these WIP posts you've done with Ironman and War Machine!

Cool! I look forward to seeing that NECA head realise its full potential with a decent paintjob.

Lookin' forward to this one buddy.

Thanks guys! I think it's safe to say this in my own thread :D But I think the Neca sculpt actually has a better likeness to Arnold than the Hot Toys sculpt the more I study the two.

The thing Hot Toys has over it is the realism. Hopefully I can catch up to it with a good paint job.

Thanks guys! I think it's safe to say this in my own thread :D But I think the Neca sculpt actually has a better likeness to Arnold than the Hot Toys sculpt the more I study the two.

The thing Hot Toys has over it is the realism. Hopefully I can catch up to it with a good paint job.

I agree. That is what I have been saying since I first saw HT's promo pics of the T2-Arnold. But a lot of people were so excited that HT was finally making a T2 Arnold, that they don't really give a dann.

The NECA Arnold's head has better proportion than the Hot Toys one. Hot Toys Arnold's head is a tad too squashed. Their up and coming T1 Arnold's head also has this problem (especially on the regular head).

I own both the HT and NECA one, The HT Arnold has amazing paint job/details/realism but I keep him with the sunglasses on, because it hides the inaccuracy of the head proportion.

great work, gregcustoms!

this has only whetted my appetite for a ht version. still waiting... :impatient:

also, i kinda agree with u guys regarding the likeness. everyone was raving over the ht headsculpt. but to me it never really seemed to fully capture arnie's likeness. whereas in the neca version, u could just SEE it without trying. shame about the sub-par paint app tho. in that aspect, plus overall quality, ht wins hands down.

but if ht were to do a bd version, likeness wouldn't be so much of an issue, cos half his face would be the endoskull anyway...

Back