I like Michael Jackson and all but c'mon Hot Toys do OTHER musicicons for a change!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond F.

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Totally love the Bad I just got today, and I had and loved Billie Jean before he died even so I'm super glad they made the MJs they did and yeah OK, ride the bandwagon, make the cash, do the IMO really pointless Smooth Criminal version, whatever but it's been a LONG TIME since they said they were doing more music icons. Where are they?

my collection looks weird with a bunch of superheros, aliens, gangsters and 15 Michael Jacksons.

I won't buy many I'm talking true ICONS and lets face it, not too many musicians can call themselves that but this is what I DO want and hope to see it happen... in this order of preference...

1)
74291475.jpg

2)
johnny_cash.jpg

3)
john-lennon.jpg

4)
Bob-Dylan-Poster.jpg

5)
JimMorrison.jpg

6)
frank%20sinatra.jpg

7)
bb%20king%2015.jpg

8)
Mick%20Jagger%20dancing%20on%20stage-1.jpg
this gets tricky as the Stones definitely deserve to be there, but like the Beatles you do one you have to do the other three. But Mick can stand alone I think.

Could there be more? Sure many, many I like better actually but theres not too many more I think are at this Icon status level. No not even Ozzy, Joey Ramone, Cobain, Bono. I guess Hendrix could make the cut actually. And of course I want all the Beatles but I'm thinking singularly. Owning these guys as HT figures I'd be content

Last edited:
Angus is pretty close to legendary I'd say, behind Hendrix and even Ozzy, I'm not quite sure he's at Icon level, regardless I do think he's worthy and they should do him too!

I forgot to say if I could only have one, even though he's not my all time favorite musician I think Comeback Special 69 Elvis is THE most legendary music icon collectible that could ever be made. IMO of course :)

Have to agree... so far they've done MJ and another Asian musician that I'm not familiar with.

I'd love to see some more classics... great list above and too it I'd definitely love to see an Elvis. Either Gold Lame suit, or '68 Comeback would be awesome :rock

Everyone always says do this, do that, it's easy! But who knows how hard it is or how much it costs to acquire the likeness rights for certain people. Or even if it's cost effective.

HT (and other companies) seem to pass on obvious licenses and nab kinda WTF licenses instead. Recent example: Platoon. I'm sure people will love the figures. But still. HT is releasing Platoon figures and still, NO ONE is officially releasing like Blade Runner figures or Road Warrior figures, etc.

Then there's the problem of what will actually sell. And sell worldwide. MJ does. The people you listed? Not so sure. A young OR old BB King 1/6 figure might sell here in the states but like in HK/Asia? Doubt it. Could be wrong.. :dunno

Devil i hear what you're saying for sure, that being said at least half of my list would be huge sellers worldwide, Elvis, Lennon, Morrison.. I know they'd do well in Asia too.

Thought about putting Bowie on that list... he's worthy too

Devil i hear what you're saying for sure, that being said at least half of my list would be huge sellers worldwide, Elvis, Lennon, Morrison.. I know they'd do well in Asia too.

Thought about putting Bowie on that list... he's worthy too

I know Elvis would. But I'm kinda skeptical about a "solo" Lennon, Morrison, a young or old Johhny Cash, a young (especially "solo") Mick Jagger, a young or old Dylan and definitely skeptical about any age BB King figure. I'm not even sure about Bowie selling, and I suggested him. :lol

I think Sinatra might sell. Not sure.

Like I said, I could definitely be wrong.

Back