I just won an Original Balrog!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We rarely get these types of posts for the Daddy Rog any more. I think it's true that the great majority of them are now in permanent collections.
Congrats!

I've heard that about the whips before, are they easy to crack? As far as I can tell The hand goes into his arm and the other end goes into the wing on the other side, Is there usualy a bit of "encouraging" to do?

yeah i believe that the whip can be moved into position on some easily, but on mine it just didn't seem to want to go easily. maybe i had the angle wrong or something, and since i didn't want to force it i took the sellers advise and heated it, and it slid right on.

just don't force it, and if it does take a little heat------well better to be safe than sorry right.
it's up to you and how yours fits.
again congrats. i felt the same way when i got mine a couple of years ago.
i think i checked the mail twice a day everyday till i got it.:rotfl:rotfl

We rarely get these types of posts for the Daddy Rog any more. I think it's true that the great majority of them are now in permanent collections.
Congrats!

you might see a few more of them show up when the hobbits movies come out.
even if the balrog isn't in the movie, i would think it will create interest in all thing lotr again.
and as for permanent collections, yeah i don't plan on ever selling mine, but maybe my kids will when i kick off.:rotfl:rotfl

If it was me, and the seller was within 1-2 hour drive, I'd most likely want to go and pick it up in person. One, to make sure it is OK and two, given its "breakability", I wouldn't even trust a courier.

Yeah, well done, you will not be disappointed in this piece, it was my grail and I can't see myself ever selling it!

Well its here safe and sound, what a statue!!!!! I'm glad to say its totally mint including the original box (no original outer box but i'm not bothered) It looks as if its never been displayed, No cracks in the whip or any pointy bits broken off. the edition number is 948/1000. Im sooooo happy right now!!

Heres a few pics. I took these quickly. I'll take more when I have more time/better light. I also want to take a shot of this with my cave troll!!

Pretty well packed from the seller

The whip was very closed up, spent about 20 minutes with the hair dryer!

Here he is.........

And another.........

I cant stop looking at it.......Totally awesome:blissy

wow nice score, your pics look like you got a good one with real nice reds and oranges. figured out a place to put it yet.

yeah and looks like the shipper did a real nice job on packing that one. see ss it can be done.:rotfl:rotfl

edit: now if you don't mind i'm going to look at mine now.:balrog:drool:balrog

Back