I just won an Original Balrog!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner73

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I cant believe it! after all this time I have finally got my Grail, I'm so excited:blissy
It should be with me tomorrow and I'll post pics as soon as I can:blissy

Congratulations. How much did it set you back?

I know that feeling. I was excited to get this piece too. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of looking at it. Post pictures when you get a chance.

congratulations!!! how did you win it?

Sorry, when I say won I mean from ebay! It set me Back £850 which I think is not too bad considering what they have gone for in the past. From the pics the seller sent me Its never been displayed and the everything is still wrapped up tightly in its original tissue paper. I just hope it arrives safely!

Sorry, when I say won I mean from ebay! It set me Back £850 which I think is not too bad considering what they have gone for in the past. From the pics the seller sent me Its never been displayed and the everything is still wrapped up tightly in its original tissue paper. I just hope it arrives safely!

congratulations bro!! can't wait to see pics.

when you recieve it, before you install the whip, use a blow dryer and heat it up before you install it.
the polystone becomes very flexable and the whip installs easily with little to no resistance.
congrats on the great piece, i'm sure you'll love it, as i have mine.

my buddy greg has one and it toying around the idea of letting go of it. it is nice but if i had it, it would be gone as well to pay off debt...ha....but i don't and i think he wont actually part with due to the fact that it is not one of those pieces that you can be like..."oh ill pick it up again later":...there is no later with this piece...

when you recieve it, before you install the whip, use a blow dryer and heat it up before you install it.
the polystone becomes very flexable and the whip installs easily with little to no resistance.
congrats on the great piece, i'm sure you'll love it, as i have mine.

I've heard that about the whips before, are they easy to crack? As far as I can tell The hand goes into his arm and the other end goes into the wing on the other side, Is there usualy a bit of "encouraging" to do?

As a casual LOTR fan, does anyone have any pics of this so I can see what this looks like?

I've heard that about the whips before, are they easy to crack? As far as I can tell The hand goes into his arm and the other end goes into the wing on the other side, Is there usualy a bit of "encouraging" to do?
The whips crack very easily which is why its so difficult to find a mint one, just ease it in gently. I didnt have to use a drier on mine but be very very careful with it, it should just slide right in.

Be sure to post pics when you can :duff
x :peace

nice,
I sold mine which was damaged 3 years ago for £850, shows how the market has died, but not completely gone for the good pieces left out there.
Mine had some considerable damage to it as well, gutted to see it go.

Congrats, thats awesome :rock an amazing piece for sure, just becareful with that whip!.
x :peace

To add, you better pray that the mail handlers do handle the package with care, and it doesn't end up like this poor guy's Balrog.

BTW, £850 is a sweet deal considering I paid about £1130 for mine.

Last edited:
nice,
I sold mine which was damaged 3 years ago for £850, shows how the market has died, but not completely gone for the good pieces left out there.
Mine had some considerable damage to it as well, gutted to see it go.

i wouldn't say it's died.

cooled off? sure.

dead? not so much.

i think that a lot of the people who collect ssw stuff are holding on to their collections. think about it... on almost any given day you'll find at least one exclusive #1 x-men dio and there were 650 made, plus the last two haven't even sold. mint balrogs come up very rarely and still go for a ton. heck the last was over a month ago and it brought $2,000. maybe it's just me, but it seems like most of the really rare pieces, especially in mint condition, have found permanant homes.

Back