I just wanted to remind you all...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOTRSWfan

Super Freak
Reaction score
that if you have not watched LOTR recently, you need to, because you will remember what you love about this series after just five minutes.

It is easy to collect something and for it just to turn into just a goal or hobby. I think most of us started collecting LOTR items for the passion we have for these films and the story. But it can be easy to forget it amongst goals and the hassles that come with trying to complete a line of collectibles.

So if you find your faith and passion for LOTR collecting wavering, do yourself a favor and just watch any of the three movies. So when you need an extra $50 and you have to decide between the Pippin statue you complained about or that talking Sgt. Ermey figure you picked up with a discount banner, remember which one of these things made you fall in love with movies all over again.

These movies are the only thing that will turn this 21 year old, 200 pound, 6 foot man into a sobbing little baby, and that is no joke. :monkey2

LOTRSWfan said:
that if you have not watched LOTR recently, you need to, because you will remember what you love about this series after just five minutes.

It is easy to collect something and for it just to turn into just a goal or hobby. I think most of us started collecting LOTR items for the passion we have for these films and the story. But it can be easy to forget it amongst goals and the hassles that come with trying to complete a line of collectibles.

So if you find your faith and passion for LOTR collecting wavering, do yourself a favor and just watch any of the three movies. So when you need an extra $50 and you have to decide between the Pippin statue you complained about or that talking Sgt. Ermey figure you picked up with a discount banner, remember which one of these things made you fall in love with movies all over again.

These movies are the only thing that will turn this 21 year old, 200 pound, 6 foot man into a sobbing little baby, and that is no joke. :monkey2

Hear! Hear!. Well said LOTRSWfan!:clap
In the next few days i am planning to watch all three EE's on my Optoma DV-10 Movietime Projector. I can't wait to watch them projected on to my wall!!.
It will be just like watching them back at the cinema again!:banana
Now i can recreate my uncontrollable sobbing when Frodo says goodbye to Sam, Merry and Pippin at the Grey Havens all over again!

Yes thank you very much. Ive been planning to since I got my new TV 2 months ago. I will when I get a free time. I would like to watch them continously non-stop. Im going to watch the extended versions...

Its de javu.... all over again.... Its great to watch it back to back... when I am doing my own work... its always the soundtrack that keeps me going....:monkey5

I haven't watched these in almost a year. Been purposely not watching so that I can try to recapture some of the initial excitement that I had when these hit the theaters. Remember? -- the anticipation of the release, the counting down of the days, talking the boss into letting you leave work so that you can go on the first day, chatting in line with total strangers who share your same excitement, sitting down in the theater with a huge tub of popcorn/nachos and a drink, putting the extra pile of napkins and your 4 mini-packages of kleenex on the seat next to you for the anticipated crying, then feeling your heart skip a beat as the lights come down and the unforgettable music starts. Finally, letting the wonder of the story and the beauty of its telling wash over and engulf you as you find yourself catching your breath time and again at the sheer magic of it all.

Then coming home and hitting the Sideshow Collectibles site (and whatever other dealers you work with) so that you can get those pieces that will help caputure your obsession with the books/films forever in your home.

I plan to do a back-to-back of the extendeds on the second or third week of December and totally immerse myself. :frodo :gandalf :gollum: :gimli :aragorn :uruk-hai :saruman :ent :legolas :ogat

Greetings!
Ah yes....
Definately the first films I will be viewing on my new home theater once my remodel is done in a few weeks. I have a new 61" Samsung "ultra def" 1080p DLP TV, and will be playing the EE's through a new Toshiba HD DVD XA1, that has exceptional upconverting capabilities (so I have read, this has not been hooked up either) and anticipate seeing these films as never before......
Best,
James W Barron

Well said LOTRSWfan. I also urge anyone who hasn't watched The Empire Strikes Back all the way through in a while to pop it into their DVD player. It all comes flooding back.

i just ordered the extended box set from discount dvds. should be here next week!

I'm due to watch all 3 again in one day. This truly is one of the greatest Trilogies ever. When I watch all three it just makes me feel like a little kid all over again because of how in transplant me in the middle of the action.

Once a year(this year we have done it twice already) every year me and my wife take a whole day, put heavy blankets over the windows pull our matress into the living room, shut off the phone and sit down for an all day long exd. edition DVD watching bliss. There is no movie( I consider them to be one really long movie, not a trilogy) that captures my attention like LOTR. I watch the regular editions here and there through out the year, but the only time I take the exd. editions is to watch them back to back. Its 57" inches of LOTR heaven for a whole day.

And now having read this thread and made this post, I think we will make it 3 times this year as soon as possible!!!!

Thanks for the reminder.

I watch the LOTR Ex trilogy and the Star Wars OT on a regular basis. I just can`t get enough of them. :D

I hope to watch the Extended trilogy in one sitting, one day. Just don`t know if I could sit still that long.

With Strider arriving and Lurtz due here Tuesday, I will be watching them this week. It's been almost 3 months since I last saw them, probably the longest stretch since they all came out:eek:

ah... the memories...

i still recalled how agonising the wait was each year as the movies were released a year apart. i enjoyed it so much that i just couldnt help thinking when will the next year come again.

King Darkness said:
Once a year(this year we have done it twice already) every year me and my wife take a whole day, put heavy blankets over the windows pull our matress into the living room, shut off the phone and sit down for an all day long exd. edition DVD watching bliss. There is no movie( I consider them to be one really long movie, not a trilogy) that captures my attention like LOTR. I watch the regular editions here and there through out the year, but the only time I take the exd. editions is to watch them back to back. Its 57" inches of LOTR heaven for a whole day.

And now having read this thread and made this post, I think we will make it 3 times this year as soon as possible!!!!

Thanks for the reminder.

That’s so sweat. How romantic! You’re a good guy.

I’ll be watching the Lotr trilogy again come sometime this mid-winter. I like to wait till it’s good and near freezing outside. That’s when I’ll get my home all warm and toasty , grab a mug of hot chocolate and prepare for hours of LoTR bliss. That‘s always been a tradition of mine concerning my favorite films and books.

Eva Estelle said:
That’s so sweat. How romantic! You’re a good guy.

I’ll be watching the Lotr trilogy again come sometime this mid-winter. I like to wait till it’s good and near freezing outside. That’s when I’ll get my home all warm and toasty , grab a mug of hot chocolate and prepare for hours of LoTR bliss. That‘s always been a tradition of mine concerning my favorite films and books.
He,He I meant how *sweet*

My wife and I have a sort of tradition to watch the extended trilogy once a month.....We have been doing it ever since the extended ROTK came out. We don't do it in one sitting, but spread it out. It's great just to enter middle earth to relax and forget about the day to day stresses!!!

Back