I just can't watch Star Wars anymore....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I once loved Star Wars as a brother, then Star Trek must have been the annoying, alchoholic, gay cousin I never talked to.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
If I once loved Star Wars as a brother, then Star Trek
must have been the annoying, alchoholic, gay cousin I never talked to.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Great post!!

oh come on! what about captain kirk and his harem of blue *****es??!!! he was mad pimpin'! just imagine all the intergalactic VD's he must have picked up.

i'm lying. i never watched or like star trek. i was more of a fraggle rock guy.

dekadentdave said:
I'm sick of them now too. I feel like Alex in Clockwork Orange. I used to think it was as beautiful as Beethoven and now when I hear the theme it makes me wretch and gag. :yuck

Then why are you buying the figures? :monkey3

Hey if we're dipping into 80's b-moviedom, lets not forget the sword and the sorcerer and beastmaster.

Bye bye... so sad.:monkey2

(edit-- remember to look for STNG's Cap Picard when watching Excalibur:D )

I don't blame you.
The Prequels ruined my notion on how anakin turned. I always imagined it was more sinister and long drawn out. Not the "not from a jedi" bs...

The only parts of the prequels i bother watching are the Maul fight and the Dooku vs Yoda fights.

BTW, Ewan McGregor was so miscast ! Ruined the idea of Obi-Wan for me !

Midiclorins. Ruined it all. What's myth? What's magic? What's fantasy anymore? Midiclorins are the cancer of it all to me. I just pretend I didn't hear it, sometimes I just pretend the whole PT doesn't exist minus ROTS (I liked it) and that there's still something fantastical about SW.

But once I hit Ep IV on the TV, I'm sold all over again like the little kid. The PT stops existing, all these toys they stop, collecting and the weird world it's created all goes away and it's all about 3 amazing films and 1 amazing story all over again.

I didn't mind midi's at all.(i thought it was kinda smart on Georges part..i thought it explained it well,the force sensitive issue.)But i can understand some peoples takes on it.

It's just, it was the one mystery, the one thing that science didn't explain, and that's why it fit so well. It was what made someone special, but it seemed to choose it's owner, now it's just a damn blood virus. It was like Chi or Karma, it was a spirit that couldn't be explained, a hokey religion. Now it's just......I dunno.....a blood contraction. Can you get a Jedi's blood transfusion and have the force now? Do Star Wars vampires get it? It just took so much soul away for me.

PosterBoyKelly said:
It's just, it was the one mystery, the one thing that science didn't explain, and that's why it fit so well. It was what made someone special, but it seemed to choose it's owner, now it's just a damn blood virus. It was like Chi or Karma, it was a spirit that couldn't be explained, a hokey religion. Now it's just......I dunno.....a blood contraction. Can you get a Jedi's blood transfusion and have the force now? Do Star Wars vampires get it? It just took so much soul away for me.

a blood virus or a microscopic alien invasion forcing the host to do it's bidding? the only thing the host can control is usage towards good or the dark side.

lucas is working on a script called 'Cell Wars'.

a brief time ago, in a circulatory system really, really close. :rolleyes:

revilal said:
BTW, Ewan McGregor was so miscast ! Ruined the idea of Obi-Wan for me !

I actually thought Ewan's acting was one of the few high points of the prequels. However, I think a much better choice for Obi-Wan would have been Kenneth Branaugh, who I believe was originally up for the role.

The casting of Ewan as Obi-Wan is the greatest stroke of casting in movie history. I mean, HE IS OBI-WAN!!! When I watch ANH I don't even see Guiness, I see old Ewan.

Brannaugh was too old. When Alien3 came out I thought Charles Dance would make a good Kenobi but again, too old.

So for the guy who thinks Ewan sucks, I ask, whom would YOU have cast in the role?

Seth Gecko said:
I didn't mind midi's at all.(i thought it was kinda smart on Georges part..i thought it explained it well,the force sensitive issue.)But i can understand some peoples takes on it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Midichlorian idea. It grounded it more into science fiction and was actually a cleaver idea.
As far as destroying a mystery, I didn't think there was any mystery to destroy. Before it was just some form of sorcery, now it's a form of sorcery with an scientific explanation, it's still fantasy.

screamingmetal said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Midichlorian idea. It grounded it more into science fiction and was actually a cleaver idea.
As far as destroying a mystery, I didn't think there was any mystery to destroy. Before it was just some form of sorcery, now it's a form of sorcery with an scientific explanation, it's still fantasy.

Yep, I liked the Midi stuff as well. I'd rather it be science based myself than some mystic mystery.

I honestly don't watch the films often enough to be sick of them.

I just dig them out every two or three years when I really fancy watching them, but other than that I don't bother.

Star Wars is very cool but there are loads of other cool films and TV series coming out all the time, that plus work and going out and stuff means I've very little time to rewatch the same stuff.

Best time to do that is on sick days, then they're pretty great:D

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Best time to do that is on sick days, then they're pretty great:D

Thats pretty much the same circumstances I watch them as well. I try to do a mega marathon once a year too though... Before I was married I would always toss the movies in before I went to sleep.

Back