I got my newsletter did you???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonehead15 said:
Icummins I know about that link. But that link doesn't lead you to the "new" newsletter sign in page. That link is for adjusting your newsletter preferences.

Thanks anyways. :)

Opps! Sorry about that; I was just going off of what Dusty had said in a post in one of these threads. I think it will go to the login page soon, it just hasn't been updated yet. :google

How about making a "web" page and having people sign in their account to see the page/news letter, this way everyone can see it at once. No sending nothing. Just like viewing any page on SS accept this page will have the latest news etc., problem solved!

Too bad it's not like the Master Replicas site. You login and if you are a Collector's Society member (or in Sideshow's case, a newsletter subscriber), it recognizes you as such and allows you to order a certain item that wouldn't normally show up on the website to the general public.

Jesseawilson said:
Well, did you?
Thanks for the link to set up my newsletter password. I just did it as well as reset my settings for the type of newsletter I wish to recieve.
Jesse

Huh ???

What link ???? :confused:

I wonder if SS will be getting alot of "complaints" since nobody got the newsletter, I guess everyone complained about 12inch Luke now people are probably pissed that they didn't even get a newsletter, seems like everything is screwed up, bad move.

Monster said:
How about making a "web" page and having people sign in their account to see the page/news letter, this way everyone can see it at once. No sending nothing. Just like viewing any page on SS accept this page will have the latest news etc., problem solved!

Darth Waller said:
Too bad it's not like the Master Replicas site. You login and if you are a Collector's Society member (or in Sideshow's case, a newsletter subscriber), it recognizes you as such and allows you to order a certain item that wouldn't normally show up on the website to the general public.

In essence this is what we are getting. After you do the initial setting up of the password which you have to get the link from this weeks newsletter, we won't have to wait for the newsletter to arrive in our mailboxes.

The newsletter will be posted on the SS site and accessable only to newsletter subscribers who log-on using this password. Then we will have immediate access to the links for preorders during an initial window that the general public cannot place orders.

I know everyone is worked up over the very late newsletters this week, but once you get your password setup you won't have to worry about late newsletters anymore :banana :banana

Well, there is ALWAYS something to worry about. No newsletter for me yet. I agree, Master replicas method is more straightforward. Anyway, it doesn't matter, it's still going to be a feeding frenzy and hopefully the server won't collapse when vader comes out.

Once this is set up it will be just like MR's setup except you won't have to pay anything for the previlege. I haven't gotten my newsletter yet either, but we still have 6 days before it makes a real difference.

03:10 Sunday 11 December 2005

and no newsletter yet. ah well.
key word is yet.

here newsletter, newsletter, newsletter, newsletter...
don't make us send out the BuffyBot after you...

Same here. I think I have made the correct setup... but where is my newsletter please? :confused:

Now, just make 100% sure that the email address you have listed in your online user account (the account you use to place your orders) is EXACTLY the same

Erhmm...does this also mean capital letters? I think mine has been spelled with BEle... and the other with bele.... Will that become a problem? Maybe I should change it just in case....

Btw, got my newsletter just fine.

Check your spam...

Hey guys, I posted this in the other thread; maybe it will help...

lcummins said:
Check your junk email and spam folders. The email address of Sideshow newsletters has been the following for months:

[email protected]

The newsletter this week came from:

[email protected]

Notice the "toy" part missing! Maybe it got stuck in spam and junk email folders? I noticed this because I had rules setup to move the newsletter to a certain folder and to forward to my work email address and neither rule ran so I started investigating why. Maybe this will help some folks, but of course, ISPs may be looking for the "sideshowtoy" address... :confused:

I still have mine.

angl_tsr_clr.jpg

i've been checking my spam mail all weekend and nothing in there
from sideshow.
I don't want Anakin but I do want to set up my password

Back