Hulk vs Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulk vs Superman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or lifting passenger planes filled with...passengers. Not sure I've seen Hulk lift something that heavy.

Given Hulk doesn't have tactile telekinesis, he'd simply push through it or tear pieces off as he grabbed it.

Supes definitely wins. Unless somehow hulk got kryptonite, i don't see how hulk can defeat supes.

Didn't Superman lift an island or whatever in the latest movie? And can't he fly so fast that he can reverse time?

How exactly does Hulk compare to that?

Hulk is big and strong, but he's no island-lifter.
Hulk SMASH puny island-lifting showoff.

Wasn't there a thread exactly like this a few months (maybe more) back? It had a Hulk vs Superman video in it or something. It went back and forth forever and people started to really argue. .:lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
I think it was closed because the argument got so heated :lol

Supes definitely wins. Unless somehow hulk got kryptonite, i don't see how hulk can defeat supes.
Yeah...I agree. I'm not seeing how Hulk could stand a chance.

I'm pretty sure the whole point of Superman is that he can't be killed by anything except kryptonite. He's almost invincible.

I think the only people who believe otherwise are Hulk fans... :monkey1

Who said anything about movies.
Well I don't read comics. :dunno

I'm not a ****ing nerd. :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/L6dj7YCEKhw[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/BbizTBYs-rQ[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/CDBNB2hk5t0[/ame]

This wouldn't even be a contest. Superman hands down. For those that picked Hulk i was under the impression that everyone who hates on superman does so because he is too powerful. For those picking hulk (obviously marvel people) if u believe hulk would win wouldn't that not imply that hulk is overpowered and therefore the lamest hero since he has no weakness??

Just trying to understand why Hulk is cool to you but superman is not. If u don't feel this way that's fine I just see superman taking a lot of crap for being to powerful.

This wouldn't even be a contest. Superman hands down. For those that picked Hulk i was under the impression that everyone who hates on superman does so because he is too powerful. For those picking hulk (obviously marvel people) if u believe hulk would win wouldn't that not imply that hulk is overpowered and therefore the lamest hero since he has no weakness??

Just trying to understand why Hulk is cool to you but superman is not. If u don't feel this way that's fine I just see superman taking a lot of crap for being to powerful.

That argument can easily go both ways.
I have a similar "discussion" with a good friend of mine with Hulk vs. Thor, and it always ends the same with nothing really accomplished. :dunno

That's why I've never really liked Superman. It's like he was made up by a three-year-old.

Super strength, super speed, flying, X-ray vision, heat vision, he's an alien and his only weakness is a green rock not naturally found on Earth. :lol Give me a break.

He would ****ing destroy The Hulk.

The Hulk.

Green things hurt Superman.

Or it'd end like this,

Doomsday-Vs-Superman-004.jpg

Superman is so fast that he could make the Earth spin backwards. All he has to do is throw Hulk to the sun and done.

Depends on which version of Superman, and which version of Hulk, as well. Both have been represented in multiple different ways over the years. The Golden through Bronze Age Superman was usually nigh invulnerable, but in the Modern age he became more vulnerable to non-kryptonite type attacks. And of course, there's electric Superman, cartoon versions of Superman, film versions of Superman, red Kryptonite affected versions of Superman, etc. Hulk has been all over the place. But like Fabio says, modern Superman was essentially pitted against Hulk in the form of Doomsday by DC, and in that encounter he couldn't/didn't simply "toss him into the sun." In fact, they sorta killed each other, and Doomsday was dumber than Hulk.

How do we know doomsday and the hulk are the same in terms of power set ?? Isn't doomsday kryptonian since he was genetically engineered with that technology?? Also wasnt doomsday hard to kill because he couldnt really be killed due to programming in his dna which caused him to effectivly ressurect and be impervious to whatever had just hurt/killed him.

Also if he is kryptonian superman couldn't just throw him into the sun because it shouldnt destroy him anyway.

My doomsday knowledge is vague so please correct me if I am wrong about his origins and power set/abilities

One of the secret laws of superheroes is that even though they may be able to lift several tons, punching and kicking is vastly preferred over any other technique. :lol But seriously I would be disappointed in Supes if he turned the fight into a generic superhero fight.

Besides, in order to throw the Hulk he'd have to put his hands on Hulk, which would open him up to gamma-powered pain (all the power of the Sun can't hold a candle to gamma burst energy). If Superman were to make a mistake and start grappling, Hulk would take him out.

Superman has another weakness: his morality. If we must factor in Hulk's relative stupidity (traditional Hulk anyway), we have to factor in Superman's reluctance to kill.

Superman wins not because he has more brute power, but because of his intelligence and resourcefulness. Hulk represents lawless destruction (which is awesome in the right context), but Superman represents the strength of an ordered civilization (which really is the strongest force on earth). Symbolically he is superior and his power is expressed differently.

Superman does possess more physical strength than The Hulk though. :dunno

All he'd have to do is fly over to him and snap his neck. Hulk can't do that to Superman because Superman's neck can't be snapped.

The Hulk is a raging behemoth. Superman is an invincible man. You can't kill something that is invincible. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF INVINCIBLE. :lol

Unless Hulk is made of kryptonite, he's not winning any fights against Supes. End of story.

Superman does possess more physical strength than The Hulk though. :dunno

All he'd have to do is fly over to him and snap his neck. Hulk can't do that to Superman because Superman's neck can't be snapped.

The Hulk is a raging behemoth. Superman is an invincible man. You can't kill something that is invincible. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF INVINCIBLE. :lol

Unless Hulk is made of kryptonite, he's not winning any fights against Supes. End of story.

Hulk doesn't need to kill Superman, he just needs to kick the **** out of him if he makes a mistake. All I'm suggesting is making a more entertaining fight. Comic book history is full of senseless power upgrades for the sake of trying to grab attention, but after awhile some of these guys stop resonating. A Worldbreaker Hulk or a planet-moving Superman aren't all that appealing to me. I think it's better to get back to what made these characters iconic to begin with. What do they represent?

Hulk: Pure uncontrolled and unfocused rage, taken from the mold of Jekyll, Hyde, Frankenstein and Freud. The fact that he was meant to be a heroic vision of that rage means he generally does more good than harm, but nothing is safe if it gets him angry. Anger does in fact make all of us stronger, we know this from experience. There's no better representation of that in comics today which is why I place him so high.

Superman: Truth, justice and the American way. He's got the innate powers of a medical center, an army, a construction crew and a deep respect for law and order. He really does represent the country as much as any other superhero out there, including Captain America.

Supes is in many ways the Hulk's opposite: he's an intact personality, he's restrained, he's intelligent and judicious. This is also what helps make him first among all superheros and why he'd win against the Hulk, but he'd have to win his way. He can't outdo the Hulk in brutal physicality. No amount of BS stats on strength really matter because it's more about what these guys represent which is also why they ought to resonate.

But by all means continue to further ruin Superman by making him ridiculously powerful (200 quintillion tons? :lol), all that does is make him boring.

Last edited:
Back