Hulk Maquette (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices are getting to be a bit much for the quality. Happy enough with the first one :)

As someone who has a predominately Hulk collection, this is a pass for me.

Price is too high and the open ES....no thanks. Maybe when it gets discounted....maybe.

Sideshow must be seeing the prices people are paying for XM statues and figured why not raise our prices.....problem with that thinking is that XM are lower quantities, harder to come by in the US and often more detailed sculpts.

If that is their thinking as far as the XM thing goes, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is, they're in for a shock when people like me stop ordering their statues. I've said before that SS used to be automatic purchases for me because of the prices and shipping as I am in the US. I have now passed on 2 in a row for me, with Green Goblin being the first and Dark Phoenix the second. I probably wouldn't have purchased Awkward Hulk no matter what.

I think a lot of us are that point. I paid some extreme prices for a couple XM pieces for what I considered "must haves." I POed Dark Phoenix because she looks amazing and still fits my collection AND reward points softened the blow a bit. I don't think I'm flat out ordering anything at full price anymore from SSC. I might for something that I can't pass up like a few X-men should they come along. I'm either using RP, a discount code, a gift certificate...anything to get the price down.

4" smaller than King Hulk. 6" smaller than Gladiator Hulk. $150 more. I don't think anyone will have a problem picking this up down the line at a discounted price.

I was looking forward to seeing this but I find it quite boring to look at.

Considering how crazy the fight was they could have gone for a much wilder pose that really eminated that sequence from the movie. Oh well my reward points stay intact especially at $750 :horror

Just like the movies.... This new one is nowhere near as good as the original

hulk2f_zps804c8343.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah this just makes me want to buy the original maquette. I think it's obvious SS only released this maquette to drive up the value of the original maquette.

Smooth, sideshow. Smooth..

First time I've been on here in about year. I feel the need to express how bad this statue looks lol. The original is twice as good.

I keep an eye on things from time to time and got excited at this...til I looked at it.

Back