HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch, before TDK movie and figures came out you were at the top tier of SSC fanboyism...now just because HT made TDK figures you switched bandwagons and are now a HT fanboy all of a sudden? Youve only been interested in HT since then, what makes you such an expert?

I still consider myself a top tier SSC fanboy. But it is true I really started picking up Hot Toys stuff with the Dark Knight. I picked up PotC Jack and Davy before that, but it was more of a financial issue before why I didn't collect. Now I got a better paying job and am able to get most of the HT and SS items I want.

And to be fair, I think it was the Pirates figures that really started to show Hot Toy's new found sculpting captability. Some of their earlier items were "fair" at best. It was the pirates that really started to kick off their new, and now expected high quality sculpts and likenesses. Before that, SS was king.

So no, I don't exactly consider myself a Hot Toys expert, but I have enough of them to know they are superior to Medicom. I haven' t been disapointed with any of the HT items I've picked up, but I can't say the same about the Medicom ones I have.

Posted this in the other thread, but wasn't sure if it was the right place ...

My HT TDK Batman's right hip joint snapped yesterday. I was pretty mad about it, since I haven't taken him out of the display case for several months, then the second I go to bend his hip ... snap.

What's the best way to fix this? He still stands, and the hip articulation was pretty limited to begin with, so it's probably okay to leave as is, but it will bother me for sure. I think I saw people use screws to fix broken ball-socket joints, but I'm not really sure how to go about it. Should I just get a new body? And how hard is it to get the body out of the rubber suit?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide! This is really bumming me out ...

Posted this in the other thread, but wasn't sure if it was the right place ...

My HT TDK Batman's right hip joint snapped yesterday. I was pretty mad about it, since I haven't taken him out of the display case for several months, then the second I go to bend his hip ... snap.

What's the best way to fix this? He still stands, and the hip articulation was pretty limited to begin with, so it's probably okay to leave as is, but it will bother me for sure. I think I saw people use screws to fix broken ball-socket joints, but I'm not really sure how to go about it. Should I just get a new body? And how hard is it to get the body out of the rubber suit?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide! This is really bumming me out ...

Start reading my posting on page 163:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42175&page=163

Hope this helps.

BOBBY

Thanks! Was it hard to get him out of the rubber suit? Did you just pull the body out of the neck, or did you disconnect it at the waist?

I still consider myself a top tier SSC fanboy. But it is true I really started picking up Hot Toys stuff with the Dark Knight. I picked up PotC Jack and Davy before that, but it was more of a financial issue before why I didn't collect. Now I got a better paying job and am able to get most of the HT and SS items I want.

And to be fair, I think it was the Pirates figures that really started to show Hot Toy's new found sculpting captability. Some of their earlier items were "fair" at best. It was the pirates that really started to kick off their new, and now expected high quality sculpts and likenesses. Before that, SS was king.

So no, I don't exactly consider myself a Hot Toys expert, but I have enough of them to know they are superior to Medicom. I haven' t been disapointed with any of the HT items I've picked up, but I can't say the same about the Medicom ones I have.

SSC=SideShowCollectables?

Start reading my posting on page 163:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42175&page=163

Hope this helps.

BOBBY

Love your icon, Takara Batman rocks

Thanks! Was it hard to get him out of the rubber suit? Did you just pull the body out of the neck, or did you disconnect it at the waist?

You will need to seperate the plastic chest armor from the torso, by pulling on the tabs at the back armor.

Then slowly pull the body through the neck hole....it's huge. Just use care and ease the shoulders past the aperature one at a time. The suit is stretchy, and will not rip if you are careful.

BOBBY

Some pictures! (since this is a photo thread and all.....) Enjoy...

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

Excellent pics EKT .................... I think this piece gets no love after Medicoms came out. It truly is an amazing piece even if not accurate.

I have both HT's and Medi's, and even though Medi's looks more screen accurate, it looks a bit cheap to me, the paint app, the plasticky look of the suit (especially the chest piece), and I know HT's ver is way too buff looking, but Medi's ver is actually way too scrawny, Bale was not this skinny onscreen.:lol
I prefer HT's!

P.S.: This was not an anti Medicom rambling, just my preference of the TDK figures.....don't shoot me.

I have both HT's and Medi's, and even though Medi's looks more screen accurate, it looks a bit cheap to me, the paint app, the plasticky look of the suit (especially the chest piece), and I know HT's ver is way too buff looking, but Medi's ver is actually way too scrawny, Bale was not this skinny onscreen.:lol
I prefer HT's!

P.S.: This was not an anti Medicom rambling, just my preference of the TDK figures.....don't shoot me.

Too late ............... now you've gone and done it! :D Watch your back friend. :lol

Too late ............... now you've gone and done it! :D Watch your back friend. :lol

:lol When you have both the HT and Medi, you'd realize how much we take the quality and detail of the HT's suit for granted. It's true the Medi has a more accurate head sculpt, but the HT suit detail is just amazing.

Some pictures! (since this is a photo thread and all.....) Enjoy...

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

Thats such a cool pose with the cape!

Love the last one as well.

I love the lighting in these pics - could the photographer give some insight into how this effect was accomplished? Or is it a photoshop or post production effect? Anyways, I love em!

It's actually my display. The way the light at the window hits it gives an uneven effect to the matte screen and was actually quite an overcast type of day. The window is to the right of the screen.

The only thing I added was shadows to the lower corners of the pictures.

Back