HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both HT's and Medi's, and even though Medi's looks more screen accurate, it looks a bit cheap to me, the paint app, the plasticky look of the suit (especially the chest piece), and I know HT's ver is way too buff looking, but Medi's ver is actually way too scrawny, Bale was not this skinny onscreen.:lol
I prefer HT's!

P.S.: This was not an anti Medicom rambling, just my preference of the TDK figures.....don't shoot me.

I appreciate the fact you have both and are stating your honest opinion. While I realize that HT is less accurate, I definitely can see the difference in quality from pics of Medi. That's why I don't consider Medi to be 'definitive' when it comes to TDK Batman. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed with the HT TDK Deluxe hoping it has all the quality of the current one, but the accuracy of Medi's.

I appreciate the fact you have both and are stating your honest opinion. While I realize that HT is less accurate, I definitely can see the difference in quality from pics of Medi. That's why I don't consider Medi to be 'definitive' when it comes to TDK Batman. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed with the HT TDK Deluxe hoping it has all the quality of the current one, but the accuracy of Medi's.

It will be I have no doubt. I just hope it also comes with an accurate Bale/Wayne setup.

The carbon/kevlar pattern on the chest/part of the suit is way in advance compared to the Medicom. It has a realistic look to it.

Speaking of size/thickness/buff...

3536597914_72244f1afe_b.jpg

Is it just me or does the Hot Toys suit look better than the real thing?

The real version looks quite cheap when it's not in the film.

3536597820_dfb61d2261_b.jpg

3536597736_a6e8ac8d14_b.jpg

3287148063_4f3b5e1d36_b.jpg

Photos from Eddie Wong's photostream.

Yes, one of my attractions to the HT figure from day 1 was that the figure looked better than the actual costume, so where i hated the costume at first, the figure made it grow on me.

Now, I guess I still don't like some aspects of the costume, but, I do like the proportions and I want HT to take the look of their first figure, capture it in the proportions of Bale and give us the DX figure.

The biggest area I want to see done right, perfectly illustrated in the images above is the chest. Look how flat the chest and abdomen run from the neck down to the waist. HT's is wayyyyyy off in that regard, Medicom's seems better, but maybe still not there either. I hope HT DX, if it happens, can get us there.

Yeah, it looks about the same size as the Begins suit side on. It's almost flush.

Yeah, it looks about the same size as the Begins suit side on. It's almost flush.

Which is something I noticed on the Begins figure, the way that one came out, it's got the perfect front body profile, if they did a TDK that matched that it'd look amazing, fix that and the body width to head proportions and you'd have ultimate TDK Batman.

Another thing that bugs me but I don't know if it can be done or it would kill any movement. When you see the real suit side on and then see the figures. How the neck isn't flush to the head. This part always sticks out so the head can either move up or down.

A soft sleeve to join onto the head or something so it keeps that inline look?

Well, on the original HT TDK figure, the head's cut around the neck to accommodate Batpod riding. If they're doing a DX, my hope is they assume everyone has the first one for the Batpod and just design this figure to look as close to the film as possible. They may not get the neck and head to line up just right so they can have some articulation, but it'll be better than the first one which has a huge gap for serious backward motion, but again that's designed for the pod.

Speaking of size/thickness/buff...

3536597914_72244f1afe_b.jpg

Is it just me or does the Hot Toys suit look better than the real thing?

The real version looks quite cheap when it's not in the film.

Hot Toys looks too unrealistic because it's too, idk....exaggerated. The real version doesn't look cheap, I'd like to see you do better.

Medicom's suit is actually spot on, the vinyl looks like the kevlar.

Rubber on the HT doesn't do the job right.

And many of you said Bale looks too scrawny on the Medicom, but in those pictures he looks quite skinny, just like on the Medicom.

MEDICOM IS ACCURATE AND AWESOME

3287148063_4f3b5e1d36_b.jpg

Does he wear the gun on his side through out the entire movie? I dont remember it in the jail cell scene.

it varies really. sometimes its on his side, sometimes it isnt. he actually has it on his side rght at the very start when he has the *begins* suit on and hes about to jump on scarecrows van

My guess is with Joker in custody, storywise there was no need for him to be armed, he went to MCU to interrogate, he may have left the gun in the pod. It makes sense for him to be unarmed and every other seen where it could be very handy, he has it.

My guess is with Joker in custody, storywise there was no need for him to be armed, he went to MCU to interrogate, he may have left the gun in the pod. It makes sense for him to be unarmed and every other seen where it could be very handy, he has it.

lol i wud have loved a scene like in T2 where he puts the shotgun in the holder on his motorbike

EdwardNygma1 your posts really seem to help the discussion at hand.

The only time I saw the grappling gun was in the prewit building that I can remember since I haven't seen the movie in a while but I think he might have had it in the Hong Kong scene aswell but don't quote me on that!

I don't think I will ever be getting this at all now. Statuetoys has raped my dreams of owning such a desirable collectible. :( Sorry to keep mentioning that but spread the word that that place doesn't deliver.

EdwardNygma1 your posts really seem to help the discussion at hand.

The only time I saw the grappling gun was in the prewit building that I can remember since I haven't seen the movie in a while but I think he might have had it in the Hong Kong scene aswell but don't quote me on that!

I don't think I will ever be getting this at all now. Statuetoys has raped my dreams of owning such a desirable collectible. :( Sorry to keep mentioning that but spread the word that that place doesn't deliver.

Yeah, I heard the people at Statuetoys are rip-off artists :monkey4

Back