HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Thanks aussie!! I know how you mean, guess just down to personal pref. I like the unimpressed type look he has, just a little different. :)

maybe to the seasoned collector its obvious but to those who are new in collecting at least they will be aware that a new version is already coming.cause lets face it not everyone can afford to buy every latest version so to minimize dissapointments specially to beginners i posted my thoughts to at least inform and not to offend.

You're right. In fact I actually went to the TNI forums DC boards and I informed them about the Hot toys announcement. I felt kind of guilty telling them because I know a lot of people here are planning to sell Bats. These guys didn't even know the name of the of True Type body, they kept calling it 'Joker Body' and it wouldn't show up on ebay.:lol

But they are true Batman collectors and had ALL HT Dark Knight figures, they deserve to know.

Someone said "Thanks i was just about to order this today" :joy

Not necessarily. It's possible the design of the new one will be geared towards accurracy and may lose some of the upper body poseability that allows Batman to ride the Batpod, in which case this one will still be necessary for that purpose.

Will the DX be the original costume or the DK one? I don't think I've heard which one it will be yet.

Thanks aussie!! I know how you mean, guess just down to personal pref. I like the unimpressed type look he has, just a little different. :)

I plan on keeping all the Bats'. I'm putting the original in the Batmobile, DK on the Batpod and I'll use the DX for a cool pose. That should take care of all my Dark Knight needs.:D

Finally got the buddy-lee cape and here is my TDK Bats:

tdk-buddy.png

tdk-buddy2.png

tdk-buddy3.png

tdk-buddy4.png

looks awesome. How did you attach it?

Thank you very much. :)

Just folded the forefronts a bit and pushed it with a thin forceps in the hole and it pins really well. No need of paper or something, just need a lot of futzing. :D

what kind of cape is yours snake eater? looks tops. damn that bauer is good, pity i can't stand 24, otherwise it's a must have. likeness is dead on. heath looks sweet too, very realistic, like a shrunken version. i still think it would benefit from different paint apps though

I plan on keeping all the Bats'. I'm putting the original in the Batmobile, DK on the Batpod and I'll use the DX for a cool pose. That should take care of all my Dark Knight needs.:D

Sounds like an ace set up! Look forward to pics.

Finally got the buddy-lee cape and here is my TDK Bats:

tdk-buddy.png

tdk-buddy2.png

Wow thrustmaster! Have you had that Bats slimmed down? One of the best I have seen. Cape works great and that second pic ROCKS!

Will the DX be the original costume or the DK one? I don't think I've heard which one it will be yet.

No official word, but given that the Joker DX was done as a redemption piece so to speak, I'd say it's a safe bet the Batman will be DK suit, it's much more innaccurrate looking than the Begins suit, and there are plenty of accessories not made yet to include with him.

You're right. In fact I actually went to the TNI forums DC boards and I informed them about the Hot toys announcement. I felt kind of guilty telling them because I know a lot of people here are planning to sell Bats. These guys didn't even know the name of the of True Type body, they kept calling it 'Joker Body' and it wouldn't show up on ebay.:lol

But they are true Batman collectors and had ALL HT Dark Knight figures, they deserve to know.

Someone said "Thanks i was just about to order this today" :joy

Thanks centrocal you did the right thing. Its not who we are underneath...but what we do that defines us:chew

If I may speak on snakes behalf I too had trouble with this but it it not your figure and there is no need to do anything but mess with it awhile. It is the shoulder joints and once they are where they are supposed to be the arms will sit perfectly at the side.

If I may speak on snakes behalf I too had trouble with this but it it not your figure and there is no need to do anything but mess with it awhile. It is the shoulder joints and once they are where they are supposed to be the arms will sit perfectly at the side.

No probs bud. :)

You're bang right, just takes some futzing. A twist here, a nudge there. Oh and thanks spiderbo. :D

No probs bud. :)

You're bang right, just takes some futzing. A twist here, a nudge there. Oh and thanks spiderbo. :D

Some other board member helped me fix his gut :) so thanks for the help.

Just adjust the shoulders front to back? and they should slide into place or a "better" place?

THANKS again

Wow thrustmaster! Have you had that Bats slimmed down? One of the best I have seen. Cape works great and that second pic ROCKS!

Thank you very much Snake :)
No the only modification was the neck-mod, but I didn't slim the body, but I have heard it now often, so maybe it's just an illusion from my cam. :D

The figure itself isn't so bulky, it needs like the clothes of the Joker alot of futzing. Even the direction of his hands and armor are important to hide a bit his fatness :D

But yours is looking really perfect, is your cape the takara one? It looks really good. :)

Thank you very much Snake :)
No the only modification was the neck-mod, but I didn't slim the body, but I have heard it now often, so maybe it's just an illusion from my cam. :D

The figure itself isn't so bulky, it needs like the clothes of the Joker alot of futzing. Even the direction of his hands and armor are important to hide a bit his fatness :D

But yours is looking really perfect, is your cape the takara one? It looks really good. :)

Oh rite, looks great! Must be a wave 2 though surely?

You're right, even the arms positioning have a drastic effect on his bulk.

Cheers. :) It is the Takara one yeh. He will do until the DX comes along I guess. :D

Back