HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

I'd love to see a show of the TRU Movie Master next to the HT Begins suit as well if you can!

I dont think they stack up well together because the TRU Movie Masters 2ups are made to look more "Action figureish". The proportions are a little bit exaggerated. The HT TDK batman is more realistic looking.
If noone can produce the pictures. I could try to take a pic of them side by side.

I just can't get the peg out of the hand....any tips on how to remove it?

Heat some water up in the microwave for about 2 minutes and then stick the hand with the peg in it in the water for about 20 seconds. Then use your teeth and it should pop out easily.

I remember someone, or multiple people, had pictures of Hot Toys TDK stuff with a Mattel 1/6th scale Dark Knight Suit next to it. Anyone have images of that? It's basically the large scale TDK that is a Toys R Us exclusive I believe. There is a regular TDK Suit Batman, and one with Unmasked Bruce Wayne head too. Not sure if it is technically 1/6th scale. Just wanted to see how it stacked up scale-wise with HT stuff.

I'm gonna kick myself if it matches up nicely. Totally could've taken advantage of the TRU buy one get one free of TDK stuff. Would've made it easier to spend $30 on one masked and one unmasked. Oh well...
I'd love to see a show of the TRU Movie Master next to the HT Begins suit as well if you can!

This is the best I could find,

202_0030.jpg

That's sniper's pic. Hope that helps.

Agen, did you frame those posters... or did you buy them framed?

a quick one, funny how the flash makes it look blue.:cool:

SL731722.jpg

i see that you got that batman poster.
any suggest where i can find (buy) the joker one? (the one with a machine gun)

Are you in the UK? Play.com and HMV sell the poster of Joker in the street with the machine gun.

Looks good ! Looks like this one is slowing down :(

I know Medicom DK has taken centre stage.

To me it's still an amazing figure. Medicom did exceed my expectations after the crappy Joker they released. I dont regret having bought the HT TDK Batman. Lets see the MMX Hot Toys appears to be releasing soon. But I'm pretty much happy with my Batpod/Batman TDK from Hot Toys.

So, I just got my DK last night. My very first Hot Toys product! I know everyone is pretty jazzed about the possibility of a DX Bats, and some might have the patience to wait, but I pulled the trigger on this one.

Wbshop.com had him in stock at $157.50, they also ship UPS ground for free, so the price seemed reasonable. I know WBshop seems like an odd place to pick up a figure, at least to me, but my order was received in less then a week, the box was perfect and I had no issues. I noticed the link on Michael Crawford's page

I've read about Hot Toys and viewed photos so often on this site that my expectations were through the roof. I loved the texture on the box slip cover, it's weird that such a small thing can really make the packaging as a whole but for me it did. As far as the figure goes I'm super impressed. The TT body really allows for a full range of motion in the ankles, while the upper body is a little tougher to manipulate due to the armor. Not that I didn't expect this but I really wanted to see the range of motion. Some of the issues that others have reported here are non existent on my figure. The neck lines up just fine and doesn't have the giraffe appearance that many have complained about. The gut or stomach roll will appear in certain posses but with very little futzing it's gone. I guess if there's one word to describe him I'd say realistic.

Anyway, this might be a little off topic but I wanted to touch on SS v HT. Assuming that my DK is a solid representation of HT products it blows away anything I've purchased from SS, but how far away is SS from HT? I would say not really all that far. Of course this (DK) is a figure that's been out for a few months now and HT will continue to move forward in the 1:6 market, but it still begs the question of how much would SS have to do to take their figures to this level (or are they even willing to with the success of their PF line)? I think the PRO is a step forward. It's a solid body design and a big jump forward over the Buck. The ankle joints are unacceptable and the overall looseness has been a problem, but both are fixable. SS has started better face molding process, more in line with that of HT, add in the sorely missing skin texture and improve the paint apps (PLEASE!!!!!!), which has become their Achilles heal in many recent releases (Indy) and the gap between the two would decrease. SS sculpts are top notch as are the clothing and accessories. SS Just needs to show a little more attention to detail. Add in the massive price difference and it balances out all the more....

So was that DK Bats from the first wave or second?

Back