HT/SS Excl. Pred. 1 fig

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe that HT Preds are hand painted. Are they? I mean all the details are way too identical and clean. No smudges no smears. I would believe it's machine done. Anyone out there know the truth?

you should take a look at Les' work, its hand-done too :banana

you should take a look at Les' work, its hand-done too :banana

But yea Les is god. He does miracles. He's not a cheap factory worker that is painting the same part 100-150 times a day. Those people work on a schedule while Les take his time and care with his stuff. If he makes a mistake somewhere he will take time to fix it while factory workers just let it dry and toss it into the giant bin with all the other finished stuff. I wouldn't compare Les' work with production line quality stuff. It's just not the same.

i didnt say i compared the works. i just brought out an example as its possible.

Handpainted stuff tends to have smudges and mistakes. It doesn't bother me much if it was machine painted. Same as with cars I prefer machine built with as little human error as possible. :D

But then why do you get orange peel textures on most production cars, and glass smooth finishes from an experienced autobody shop where they do it all by hand? Machines vs. man ;)

Nah, I get what you're saying. I just think the example is backwards paint-wise when it comes to autos.

But then why do you get orange peel textures on most production cars, and glass smooth finishes from an experienced autobody shop where they do it all by hand? Machines vs. man ;)

Nah, I get what you're saying. I just think the example is backwards paint-wise when it comes to autos.

If we're talking about cars I've always had no problems with factory paint but aftermarket autobody shops have never done a superb job for me or my friends. Now is the quality of the paint they use ever up to par with factory. Maybe you're just going to a really really good shop. Orange peel textures? Never experienced it. :D

And talking about machine vs. man. Do you think humans would really win the war without the help of Terminators that's been converted to our side? Terminator 2 would have lasted a whole 15 minutes if they sent another human like Kyle Reese to fight the T1000 or like in T3 with the TX. I guess Terminator is not as much Man vs. Machine as it is Man with machines versus Machines. Heehee.

I put in my order. This will be my first, (and probably only) Predator. I'm glad I never bothered picking up the other releases. This one looks pretty damn definitive. Plus, the first Predator film was the only one in the series I really thought was good.

I would, but I still need to pick that one up on DVD. There's always a copy in the discount bin at Wal-Mart but it's always fullscreen. Wouldn't be caught dead with one of those.

i hope they are not mass-producing it just because many are buying it...

They are for sure, even the SS exclusives. These are not like the Master Replicas props or Gentle Giant statues for example, with limited editions of 1000 or 5000. As I said before I'm sure they'll milk this mold dry: battle damage Predator 1 will come soon too.

battle damage Predator 1 will come soon too.
I dont think it will.

1) The first release already has a SSC exlusive (exclusives generally come with a v2/BD version).
2) There is no real battle-damage to add to this P1 as seen in the movie.
3) The regular mask is already battle-damaged.
4) Even the SSC exclusive hasnt sold out yet.
5) It already has a nifty stand and everything else a BD version would have.

my spidey sense tells me that the exclusive one would be a mud covered Dutch:emperor

So this guy is 14" + whatever the base is. Is he going to fit in my detolf or will he have to be a little hunched over?

Cant you just re-adjust the shelf height if he is too tall?

I like to have my figs like the preds and aliens standing at full height to get a full idea of how large they are compared to the human figs.

Cant you just re-adjust the shelf height if he is too tall?

I like to have my figs like the preds and aliens standing at full height to get a full idea of how large they are compared to the human figs.

No a detolf's shelves are not adjustable.

So this guy is 14" + whatever the base is. Is he going to fit in my detolf or will he have to be a little hunched over?

I wish they came with 2 bases; the one with skulls diorama and the usual name plate ones

I'm in Jakarta, so would it be better for me to order the SS Exclusive version from suppliers in HK area or are these strictly SS only? If so, I gotta place my orders in real soon

Nevermind... I just went ahead and placed an order from SS. Damn, I'm so anxious and excited but also worried that the tax might cost me an arm or a leg:banghead

would they be willing to lower down the value by any chance, guys?

Back