HT Predator & Alien - Addict Clan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just watching the first predator and thought, what if hot toys is going to try a new style with the predator one figure. what if they make a rubber skin coat that covers the body underneath like their recent human figures, like rocky and there upcoming predator human figures. what if they are taking there time because they are making a new predator skin to cover the plastic body? I think that would be pretty cool

That would be awesome... but I wouldn't want something standing out that much from the previous figures.

Would be a GREAT exclusive to Sideshow for collectors who wouldn't mind the change!

I was just watching the first predator and thought, what if hot toys is going to try a new style with the predator one figure. what if they make a rubber skin coat that covers the body underneath like their recent human figures, like rocky and there upcoming predator human figures. what if they are taking there time because they are making a new predator skin to cover the plastic body? I think that would be pretty cool

That would be VERY cool, and would more than make up for the lack of accessories on the figure. Saying that, I have never found the overt articulation on the Predators to be an issue; it's usually quite well hidden by armour, and on an inhuman, heavily-textured figure it's far less obvious than on a human figure (like Machiko). Whether or not they go with full skin, I could see them implementing posable mandibles like the Predalien - something small but very distinctive.

OTOH, I suspect that holding back on the original Predator and Alien is marketing strategy on Hot Toys' part; these figures are so iconic that I can see them being concerned about a loss of interest in the lines once they're released. Just look at how much discussion and publicity it generates... and it's not like we're seeing any spoilers about the figures being in extended development.

I was just thinking that because, well, there dog alien is obviously using a full rubber suit to hide joints, which on the alien figures, aren't really that bad and are well hidden. it looks to me like they are probably making a push to rubber suited cover figures. they did it with the appleseed figures, which I have one of and it looks and works great for me. they are doing it with their human figures and it now looks like they are doing it with the alien figures. it just seems to me at some point they are going to make the jump with the preds i think, but either way this is just speculation on my part, I don't really care either way.

And I know what you mean with the loss of interest, once those guys come out, it might decline their future sales, but I highly doubt that, because so many people have turned into completest that any predator figures that get released with sell out, the only one I see them having trouble with is the wolf cleaner kit, which is still pretty widely available, but I just think that's because there's not much difference in the two wolf figures, just a few accessories, nothing drastic like the BD pred 2. even the first release of the wolf predator is available at one online shop I know of.

Last edited:
YEAH!!! Wolf is in da house!!! :chew:D:banana
dsc07217xx2.jpg

dsc07218eo5.jpg

dsc07219gu7.jpg

dsc07223nr2.jpg

dsc07225wb9.jpg

Why does the Wolf have that very apparent ridge on his head? It's like his face has been glued on.

I noticed this with the NECA Wolf Predator but I thought that so so they could fit different face variants.

P.S. The more I see Wolf's face the more I have the urge to vomit. They did a great paint and detail job on the face!

YEAH!!! Wolf is in da house!!! :chew:D:banana
dsc07217xx2.jpg

dsc07218eo5.jpg

dsc07219gu7.jpg

dsc07223nr2.jpg

dsc07225wb9.jpg

Why does the Wolf have that very apparent ridge on his head? It's like his face has been glued on.

I noticed this with the NECA Wolf Predator but I thought that was so they could fit different face variants.

P.S. The more I see Wolf's face the more I have the urge to vomit. He looks like an extremly anemic person who has had his nose and mouth ripped off. They did a great paint and detail job on the face!

I was just thinking that because, well, there dog alien is obviously using a full rubber suit to hide joints, which on the alien figures, aren't really that bad and are well hidden. it looks to me like they are probably making a push to rubber suited cover figures.

Funnily enough, in some ways I'm actually hoping they don't. The main reason is all of the problems I've read about with wear and tear on rubber skins - the negative view is they seem to damage easily, and suffer deterioration in a shockingly short space of time (which is a common problem with many elastomerics).
And I know what you mean with the loss of interest, once those guys come out, it might decline their future sales, but I highly doubt that, because so many people have turned into completest that any predator figures that get released with sell out, the only one I see them having trouble with is the wolf cleaner kit,

The BD P2 does not seem to have become very scarce, either. This is good IMO, it sends a message to HT that their audience would rather see new characters than revamped old ones.

Funnily enough, in some ways I'm actually hoping they don't. The main reason is all of the problems I've read about with wear and tear on rubber skins - the negative view is they seem to damage easily, and suffer deterioration in a shockingly short space of time (which is a common problem with many elastomerics).

The BD P2 does not seem to have become very scarce, either. This is good IMO, it sends a message to HT that their audience would rather see new characters than revamped old ones.

the only reason I would like the rubber suit is it look more realistic, it pulls away from the plastic look. but the hot toys predator figures are covered by the body mesh so you can hardly tell and to me, I could care less if they make a predator rubber suit. it's a neat idea, but ultimately it will hinder it's poseability. and the BD pred 2 is probably the only pred figure I would want a variant of because it's a radical change from the first release, with the arm and all.

the lost hunter is a pretty cool figure, but the thing is hot toys is saturating the market with ALOT of figures, and it's the same people that buy from them, and alot of us are not filthy rich forcing us to only buy certain figures and there for, pulling down there sales. I'm sure they would sell alot more stuff if they spaced out their releases. what do we have coming in the next six months, dark knight figures, Iron man, four more predator figures (that includes the humans), and alien figures, which is what I can think of off the top of my head. I can't afford all those, which forces me to pick and choose what figures I want, all of us have to do that, which is why i think hot toys should cool it with side characters and such and just give us the main players from the big properties.

No major mods done for the P2 elder here just:

1. Repositioned his tusks so they're a bit open
2. Added facial spines
3. Added full body netting (look at the arms)
4. Added a retractable claw.

You can say this was pre-P2 elder!! lolz! Sorry fro the crappy pics.

Superboink,

I'm new to the forum and I have a quick question. How did you reposition the tusks and add the facial spines to you P2 Elder? It looks awesome.

I created an album, but I don't know how to attach the photos to this post.

Back