HT Predator & Alien - Addict Clan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Wolf cannon mod for CJK.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lOIHK7BIgAY&hl=en"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lOIHK7BIgAY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

good for you capitalizing on errors made by Hot Toys:D
I'll try and figure this out when/if I ever get my figure.

If you want I'll post a tutorial later on.

How much are you charging for the mod with the paint and the mod by itself? I could probably do it, but by the time I go out and buy the supplies for a one time mod, it may be just as cheap to let someone do it that already has the stuff.

Very slick pics, Elder Pred :cool:

I picked up a set of P2 hands and had wanted to paint them to match my AVP Elder. Does anyone have recommendations on a paint that will adhere well to the soft plastic?

Another one I'd mention is Citadel Colour from Games Workshop - in particular, their foundation paints work VERY well on HT figures.

Hey guys i dont know any other thread to ask this in but what is a good price for a Hot Toys Hudson because he is my favorite character in aliens and now that i have the preds i want, i am looking to get a Hudson.
So if anyone could tell me what a pretty decent price is on ebay it would be very thankful.

Hey guys i dont know any other thread to ask this in but what is a good price for a Hot Toys Hudson because he is my favorite character in aliens and now that i have the preds i want, i am looking to get a Hudson.
So if anyone could tell me what a pretty decent price is on ebay it would be very thankful.

Why don't you try posting a new thread in the Commerce section? Probably be the best place to start. I'll bet someone on the board has a Hudson they'd part with... :D

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that there's a new technical thread for building, modding and painting your HT Predator figures, with tips and suggestions from some of the most experienced Predator Freaks on the board!

At the moment it's still under construction 'cause I've just been way too busy lately to update it, but... there's lots of stuff coming, including a more detailed cannon mod tutorial and a couple of other fixes that should help people get the most out of their HT Predator figures. So stay tuned, it's on the way!!!

good for you capitalizing on errors made by Hot Toys:D
I'll try and figure this out when/if I ever get my figure.
Have you seen this tutorial yet? It really doesn't take a lot of special skills to pull it off all by yourself, and it's pretty inexpensive, too! Quite a few Pred Freaks have already done it, by the looks of things.

Here's the original cannon mod tutorial I posted a while back in the Wolf Predator thread...

With a sharp edged tool, carefully split apart the lower end of each cannon mount arm. You just have to open it enough so that you can pop the ball-ended part out of the socket. (There's a plastic pin molded inside one side of the socket, which goes through the ball). Be patient, and watch your fingers!

You'll end up with two ball-ended pieces with holes through them, still attached to the armour. (Pic 3.) Fill both of the holes with epoxy putty and set them aside. Cut the plastic pins out of the sockets of the cannon arms. Smooth the inside of the small cup-like space on the pin side of each piece.

Cut a small piece of foam or other "spongy" material and shape it to fit inside the other half of the socket. (I used small pieces of polyurethane foam to fill the insides of the sockets. You'll need to use something similar to create a small amount of tension against the ball, or the joint will be too loose.) Add a drop of super glue to the little foam pad and glue it in place, making sure it's centered in the shallow hole. (Pic 6.)

When the putty is hard, sand it smooth and test fit everything. Add more foam as needed, and when you're satisfied you have the correct amount of tension inside the joints, carefully glue the ends of cannon arm halves together again. Press the sides of the joint firmly together until the glue sets up. Touch up the paint as needed and you're good to go!

1. From top to bottom: X-acto knife, sprue cutters, small half-round woodcutting gouge, surgical scissors, and polyurethane foam pieces.
ModTools1.jpg

2. Close up of tools. Note the small bits of black plastic that need to be removed from
inside the sockets at lower ends of each cannon arm.
ModTools2.jpg

3. Armour with mount base complete, cannon arm removed.
BallJointBase.jpg

4. Ball joint piece filled with Milliput epoxy putty.
BallJoint-Filled1.jpg

5. Ball joint on mount base filled with putty.
BJointBase-Filled.jpg

6. Left: Socket of cannon arm w/foam insert. Right: Completed ball joint assembled in arm.
NewBallJoint2.jpg

7. Modification completed. This mod allows for complete original articulation of cannon with
added lateral rotation of the mount arms.
ModDemo5.jpg

8. Wolfie's cannons can now articulate like they were supposed to! Enjoy your new
Wolf Predator!!!

ModDemo1.jpg

ModDemo4.jpg

Hey Mudshark,

How did you detach the connecting piece (highlighted) from the armour in this picture?

BallJoint-ID.jpg

With the Cleaner Kit armour having a second mount but no arm, if it's easy it would be tempting to transplant a shoulder cannon.

Last edited:
thought i should say that i did that ball joint custom on my wolf not too long ago... and it absolutely rocks :D

Hey Mudshark,

How did you detach the connecting piece (highlighted) from the armour in this picture?

BallJoint-ID.jpg

With the Cleaner Kit armour having a second mount but no arm, if it's easy it would be tempting to transplant a shoulder cannon.

That's real easy to do also. There's no cutting. What I did was use my hair dryer and heat up the part that that's on the back armor so I could peel it away. Once I did that you can pop that oittle guy off.

Hey Mudshark,

BallJoint-ID.jpg

I just dropped it in hot water to soften it, then carefully removed it from the pin. That was before I realized the stock joint already had everything there for the conversion, so I just left it in the pic for reference. I guess the Cleaner's armour will be minus the connector, but if the base and pin are there, then adding a second cannon should be no problem.

Btw, I originally bought some plastic ball-ended pins for the conversion, but luckily I didn't need 'em! Here's a pic of what those look like.
PlasticBall-Pins.jpg

hey guys i have been meaning to do this for a couple weeks now but don't know how to, can someone tell me how to "introduce myself" on here.
Thanks

Back