HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree get one no matter the price well you can still get him for 330 which is pretty good on ebay. You won't regret it.

The original p2 by hot toys is still one of my favorite figures. I may be a little biased since its my favorite predator but even amongst all the other hot toys stuff it stands out as one of the best they've made.

This guy is $300+ now? I just got him for $200 shipped a few months ago.:google
yep. still not worth $200. maybe if there was a light-up feature or something like that.
it's basically my $130 Lost pred with different accessories.

thanks for the comments guys!

this badguy is really out of price now compared at the beginning price.
but nothing comparable with the avp pred and elder p2.

in this connection i'm so sad:
I WILL NERVER HAVE AN ELDER P2AND A SCAR!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

it's basically my $130 Lost pred with different accessories.

No actually your $130 Lost pred is basically a P2 with different accessories. P2 came out first. HT reused the majority of that figure, gave it a new paint scheme and few bits and pieces and then sold it to you (and others) like it was a brand new figure. :lol

No actually your $130 Lost pred is basically a P2 with different accessories. P2 came out first. HT reused the majority of that figure, gave it a new paint scheme and few bits and pieces and then sold it to you (and others) like it was a brand new figure. :lol
really? so the battle damaged p2 was a brand new figure?
that's weird, they look similar. thanks for the heads up anyway.

That's only partly true, but not really. True, the Borg Pred uses the same body, but the head is a totally new sculpt. Side by side the features are similar, but they are actually different. All the dreads are all different too. As for the armor, almost all the Preds in P2 had some variation of the P2 armor, with some having the entirely same armor, but with a different bio mask. The Borg Pred is actually the only Pred in P2 to any unique armor at all. His armor that earned him the name "Borg" because of how it looked was reused armor from an early Stan Winston project for a movie called the Vindicator (or something equally cheesy like that). Really the only similarities to the P2 Pred is the left thigh armor, the lower legs armor, the body (which every HT Pred uses except P1 and Wolf), the feet, and some of his hands.

prefused said:
really? so the battle damaged p2 was a brand new figure?
that's weird, they look similar. thanks for the heads up anyway.

Those variant "Battle Damaged" versions are BS as well. Rehashed with a few differences but same price.

SilentSurfer said:
That's only partly true, but not really. Really the only similarities to the P2 Pred is the left thigh armor, the lower legs armor, the body (which every HT Pred uses except P1 and Wolf), the feet, and some of his hands.

You forgot the left arm/shoulder armor piece, waist armor (belt and cod piece) Smart Disk and P2 Combi-Stick. Bottomline: it's rehashed. But for the same price (or higher depending).

True, I forgot those, but since it's based on a screen used Predator design, it's not a rehash, at least not by HT. Stan Winston Studios rehashed it if anything. At least Hot Toys picked the least similar of the Preds to do.

I agree SWS rehased P2/P1 parts on screen for the Lost Preds. But that doesn't change the fact that the HT Borg figure is still a rehash. And actually it's worse because this rehash was for sale. Not only that, HT didn't have to re-use the P2 body because the characters were played by two different actors and were two different sizes bodywise. They could've made a new body (same one used for P1). They could've fixed the left arm/shoulder armor and made it correct. Instead they just rehashed everything they could and repainted it.

As I said before I wish Hot Toys used a glow in the dark paint for the blood. They didn't, so I had to use some Glopaint on mine. ;)

Post pics of the glow blood. I want to see that. I may even use it with a black light off to the side. Too bad nobody can come up with a permanent chemical reaction for permaglow paint.

Post pics of the glow blood. I want to see that. I may even use it with a black light off to the side. Too bad nobody can come up with a permanent chemical reaction for permaglow paint.

I wish but I'm in the middle of moving right now. My Pred isn't even assembled because of that, but even so had to use Glopaint on him, the original green blood paint used by Hot Toys looked quite weird. I used: Off-White paint for mouth areas, Green for chest and legs and I also bought Yellow paint last week to add to the chest and leg a brighter color. But the Yellow paint I didn't add yet as said I'm moving and many figures/collectibles are now boxed.

Ok guys, is there anyone having a list of advices for assembling this bad boy? Any things to be careful when putting him together? A special order in assembling? etc.

Thanks in advance. :)

Ok guys, is there anyone having a list of advices for assembling this bad boy? Any things to be careful when putting him together? A special order in assembling? etc.

Thanks in advance. :)

Yes,

1/ fasten the belt,s back button was a real pain in the ass for me..you'll notice that the belt needs a few millimeters to properly buckle. ( I think, everyone has had the same problem here :gah:)

Trick: Use a hairdryer, heat the belt and stretch it a bit

2/ Assembling the headsculp could be difficult, so use a Hairdryer again if you need.

3/ Dressing the body net, is a little stressful.. If this is your first time assembling HT predators, then , be very careful and patient because you could brake the body net

4/ Good luck and enjoy your new Predator 2 BD!! :yess:

Back