HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 1 of these preds from corner store comics. Does anyone know how reliable they are?

I just got my Dutch not too long ago from them with no problems.

I've never had a problem other than the credit card thing, and I only got hit with that the one time and there were no lasting repercussions on my card.

CanOworms.jpg

I would look elsewhere especially with their rash of credit card fraud incidences. I cancelled all my pre-orders, supposedly they had corrected the issues then it recently started again.

Thanks for the heads up. That sucks, hopefully i don't get those credit card issues. The prices are great, thats what sucked me in. Wonder when they get the predator in?

Got mine from Toys2, should be here Friday. I have had no problems with them and they ahve always been very responsive and helpful when I have contacted them.

Got mine from Toys2 today. Its a beauty. Looks better in person, easily the best poseable representation of the P1 Predator. Too small overall but the detail as usual is just so incredible. I think they did an especially good job on the eyes - they look dead-on for when he first reveals his face. The closed mandibles look is my preferance where the opposite is true for the P2 Predator.

"Issues" for me would be the way the dreads all go backwards, they just don't naturally come forward over the shoulders like the prototype pics and in the film. Also, the mask is tough to put on - I actually haven't managed it yet. I think it needs the hairdryer treatment which I hate having to do. The only other way is to force it on and scratch all the paint off the headsculpt in the process.

Already looking forward to the SS exclusive. I plan to have one of my P1s masked and the other au naturalle but I just don't know which biomask to use on one of the figures. It really raises the question again about why the dented mask has the light-up feature and the undamaged one doesn't. I want undamaged mask and lights on the one helmet dammit!

Congrats a-dev. :D Can't wait to get mine... :monkey5

The dreds can be moved easily with hot water and a rubberband. Hope I don't have problems with the mask, but I'll be ready if I do.

The dreds can be moved easily with hot water and a rubberband. Hope I don't have problems with the mask, but I'll be ready if I do.

It's a very snug fit, and you have to use a little caution with the wires going into the laser siting, it presses right against the head.

If there is a flaw to really be bothered with on this figure, it's the design of the bio.

I've got my Dutch and Predator from Toys2 sitting right here beside me, and will bust them open just as soon as I get home :banana

Been playing with Dutch and Predator for a couple hours now (left comments about Dutch in his thread). Hot Toys did a fantastic job on the Predator. The head sculpt and paint apps are perfect as far as I'm concerned, and both sets of jaws look great; the clear teeth are nice touch and after seeing them I can't imagine it looking right any other way.

The only other predator I have is the non-battle-Damaged Predator 2. Coming from him, I have to say this predator is a lot more fun. Thanks to the far better-fitting armor, not only does everything stay where it should better but he's far more posable to boot. He's really quite dynamic. The elastic that holds the armor to the upper legs is great — the leg armor on my Predator 2 figure is all bent outward from posing his legs. The cloth loin... cloth is really great too.

The base is really, really nice. I love the weight it's got to it, and it definitely helps hide the figure's size. Which brings me to the height thing: he's not too short. He's too small in every way. He's just proportionally too small. He's like a 5'9" man in a costume. And that's a damn shame. Thankfully, as I suspected with some clever posing you can still make him look menacing alongside Dutch.

My only other complaint would be the helmet; the reason it looks so big is because the "face" of the helmet is proportionally too large and long, as well as being so thick it doesn't lay flat enough to the face (it's like a quarter of an inch thick at the chin!). It really only looks good one way: looking up. Any other way and his chin comes down to the base of his neck!

At any rate, overall a fantastic figure. When you look at how far Hot Toys has come since their first Predators, I'm really, really glad they saved the original for last. He's not perfect, but he's damn close.

Well, it's not really a picture of the figure, not like people'd want :lol, anyway, I have my Pred wrapped to style his dreads, tomorrow I'll be done so once I have him and Dutch I'll be back to normal shots of the Predator, but, it didn't matter to take a picture of him to use as my model for this, so I did.

CAMO1.jpg

Back