HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also a new body might make current P1 owner's more inclined to buy Classic especially if the body is taller.
Now why on earth would they take this photo showing how their already-released predator is in scaled with Berserker if they were going to release a classic Predator that was taller, thus putting them once again out of scale with one another?

20100712_bfe66d7b6c945307d48bB5ohTBIYcYEC.jpg

If there is a classic predator released, it'll be the same size as the original predator, or else it wouldn't be to scale with Berserker, Falconer, and Tracker whom are meant to be larger.

Now why on earth would they take this photo showing how their already-released predator is in scaled with Berserker if they were going to release a classic Predator that was taller, thus putting them once again out of scale with one another?

Because the P1 figure was heavily criticized for being shorter than all of HT's previous Predator figures and the picture of Berzerker's to demonstrate that they're back to making them on the larger side, probably fearing people might expect Pred figures from them to be shorter form here on so they needed to highlight that it's not the case. Berzerker's the first figure on a new body since P1, the Lost P2 Preds have been recycled parts.

Because the P1 figure was heavily criticized for being shorter than all of HT's previous Predator figures and the picture of Berzerker's to demonstrate that they're back to making them on the larger side...
No, the picture is to show Berzerker is bigger than classic, like he's meant to be, NOT to show they ____ed up the original Predator.

Because the P1 figure was heavily criticized for being shorter than all of HT's previous Predator figures and the picture of Berzerker's to demonstrate that they're back to making them on the larger side, probably fearing people might expect Pred figures from them to be shorter form here on so they needed to highlight that it's not the case. Berzerker's the first figure on a new body since P1, the Lost P2 Preds have been recycled parts.

No, the picture is to show Berzerker is bigger than classic, like he's meant to be, NOT to show they ____ed up the original Predator.

I think you're both right.... To emphasize that he is bigger than the P1 and to show that they aren't farting around with height.

The answer is money, guys. They are a toy company looking to make profit.

:goodpost: but why would they make another new body so soon...
it took them almost 1 (and a quater?) year (from the P1 up to the berserker)
to come up with the new realistic look for the predators trio.

It just sounds weird (or unreasonable) that they gonna put that body away :dunno

:goodpost: but why would they make another new body so soon...
it took them almost 1 (and a quater?) year (from the P1 up to the berserker)
to come up with the new realistic look for the predators trio.

It just sounds weird (or unreasonable) that they gonna put that body away :dunno

Because they have developed the new body and the timing is perfect since Classic Predator was featured in The Predators.

Like I said a new taller body might give current P1 owners more incentive to buy Classic that way collectors could just take the bone trophies and tricep armor from P1 and put on Classic and display the taller Classic as P1 and shorter P1 as Classic. Also if the Classic's body is indeed taller, I won't be suprised if HT releases a new P1 with the new body. Again though, this is all just speculation and wishfull thinking on my part so who knows if the new body Classic will be sporting will be taller or not.

Like I said a new taller body might give current P1 owners more incentive to buy Classic that way collectors could just take the bone trophies and tricep armor from P1 and put on Classic and display the taller Classic as P1 and shorter P1 as Classic. Also if the Classic's body is indeed taller, I won't be suprised if HT releases a new P1 with the new body. Again though, this is all just speculation and wishfull thinking on my part so who knows if the new body Classic will be sporting will be taller or not.

I hope that it will be taller too, but I doubt it will because HT probably want to keep it in scale with the Berserker :slap

Not sure HT could get away with a new P1 that's improved over the last one so soon, DX Joker and Batman caused a stir, if they're smart, the only way they'll put out an improved P1 is under the guise of it being the PREDATORS Classic, that ways it's semi-justified and not a blatant update to a year old figure, it'd save them a little PR trouble. While it wouldn't hurt sales to release an update P1, as far as fan relations, I think HT needs to be cautious with their collectors after the poor handling of the DX Batman situation, or some day sales could be hurt.

Not sure HT could get away with a new P1 that's improved over the last one so soon, DX Joker and Batman caused a stir, if they're smart, the only way they'll put out an improved P1 is under the guise of it being the PREDATORS Classic, that ways it's semi-justified and not a blatant update to a year old figure, it'd save them a little PR trouble. While it wouldn't hurt sales to release an update P1, as far as fan relations, I think HT needs to be cautious with their collectors after the poor handling of the DX Batman situation, or some day sales could be hurt.

Its also not just that look at the lines
P1 does not need redone its pretty well done as it stands just a little short.
So why spend time on redoing it when time and resources could be spent on other figures. Clark kent? A certain Watchman and more prey from p1

Personally even if Classic is just a straight re-release of P1 minus the bone trophies and tricep armor plate, it'll be fine with me. I missed out on P1 so Classic is a must reguardless.

Well, they could get the body to look more like the suit used in P1 and overall look more like a creature than a figure with these new body styles, and I'm sure there's plenty of P1 fans who either didn't get the first figure for some reason or would welcome and even better one. I myself would consider getting Classic for parts if I feel it could lead to an ultimate P1 figure. I still feel the current P1 is one of HT's best Predator figures, but I love the design from the movie and if they can make a figure even closer to that, I'd be open to it.

Yeah. But releasing a new and improved classic predator would be far more of a pr disaster. DX Batman and Joker came partially because the original figures were created and released before enough reference material was available to make them great. With the original Predator, they had 23 years to get it right, no real deadline, and all the source material they were ever going to get. There's no excuse for why the first release couldn't have been the perfect and only release necessary. Know what i mean?

Yeah. But releasing a new and improved classic predator would be far more of a pr disaster. DX Batman and Joker came partially because the original figures were created and released before enough reference material was available to make them great. With the original Predator, they had 23 years to get it right, no real deadline, and all the source material they were ever going to get. There's no excuse for why the first release couldn't have been the perfect and only release necessary. Know what i mean?

Oh I hear ya, but even with TDK, they didn't HAVE to have figures out as early as they did, they wanted to have them out for the film's release so I consider it an equally avoidable situation. HT figures, for the most part, don't need film hype to sell, fans will either want figures or they won't, if you come out with them a few months after the theatrical release, they'll still buy.

Either way though, they have to be careful with updating their own figures, if they do it too often too close to the original releases, people will really become hesitant to buy first release. OC Batman, it came 3 years later and many fans, myself included, didn't even know about Hot Toys in 2005 when the first came out, plus Hot Toys in general grew leaps and bounds in quality and you could see the 2008 figure was beyond them in 2005. If they start remaking too many figures just a year after the first one, it's going to create a paranoid collector base, the 2 DX figures already did that a bit, you read a lot of skeptical posts around here when new figures debut with any sort of flaw that a better one is expected later.

Oh I hear ya, but even with TDK, they didn't HAVE to have figures out as early as they did, they wanted to have them out for the film's release so I consider it an equally avoidable situation. HT figures, for the most part, don't need film hype to sell, fans will either want figures or they won't, if you come out with them a few months after the theatrical release, they'll still buy.

Either way though, they have to be careful with updating their own figures, if they do it too often too close to the original releases, people will really become hesitant to buy first release. OC Batman, it came 3 years later and many fans, myself included, didn't even know about Hot Toys in 2005 when the first came out, plus Hot Toys in general grew leaps and bounds in quality and you could see the 2008 figure was beyond them in 2005. If they start remaking too many figures just a year after the first one, it's going to create a paranoid collector base, the 2 DX figures already did that a bit, you read a lot of skeptical posts around here when new figures debut with any sort of flaw that a better one is expected later.
Yeah. I guess the good news is they're getting less predictable. For a while everyone expected every figure to get a second "battle-damage" release, and then out comes the Mark VI on it's first release that's two figures in one. And hell, they even revealed the thing before the Mark IV was released so people can actually make an educated buying decision between the two.

The original Predator definitely has room for improvement, but its flaws are entirely the fault of Hot Toys; he's of course too short, his legs too skinny, his helmet doesn't fit right and his eyes leave much to be desired. If they're going to start redoing Predators, I wish they'd start with the Predator 2 figure; he has far more room for improvement, and is several years older.

Yup, P2 is a nice figure, I realyl like how ferocious the portrait is, but from the neck down he reminds me of the early 90's Star Wars figure that came out when Kenner started up again, very He-Man style proportions, tiny waist, huge upper body, though some of that is the armo scale, but still, it just really doesn't capture the actual proportions of the suit KPH wore.

Back