HT Igor vs Heartbreaker vs Mandarin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys figure is the best in your opinion?

• Iron Man Igor / Hulkbuster armor

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Iron Man Heartbreaker armor

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Iron Man Mandarin

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters

bikes

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys as you know HT is on track on releasing several characters from the movie Iron Man 3. That being said, I think it's safe to say that some of us (like me) doesn't have enough budget to buy every single one of them. So with that, I have decided that I will only be buying one character aside from the mark 42 armor. Now I' m down to these 3 characters and I honestly can't decide which one I should get:

Iron Man Igor / Hulkbuster armor
Iron Man Heartbreaker armor
Iron Man Mandarin

Would love to hear your opinions on this guys! Appreciate it, thank you! :)

Igor will probably cost as 2x Mandarin figures so if you are considering price as the main factor it's no competition already.

Iron Patriot, Mark 42, Tony Stark Workshop, Mandarin and if they make Killian, that's all I need and want. All of those "10-seconds-in-the-movie-armors" aren't worth it for me. Maybe if I was so rich I could wipe my *** with money I'd get them.. :lol

The only figures from Iron Man 3 that I'll end up buying will be the two Tony Stark figures and The Mandarin (as well as Killian and Pepper if they make them), so basically all the figures which aren't the Iron Man armour ones which is not what I thought I would do during the build up to this film.

or at least include every single one, then do a poll.. or do a poll of the villains Iron monger, Whiplash, WL2.0, and Mandarin..

igor has the size of iron monger. and the way he held up the platform in the movie was outstanding. however, i will be getting all three.

or at least include every single one, then do a poll.. or do a poll of the villains Iron monger, Whiplash, WL2.0, and Mandarin..
Guy pretty obviously is buying one of these three, and is asking which folks think he should buy. I don't understand these kinds of threads in general, but the poll makes complete sense in the context of the assistance the OP is looking for.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Tough choice, but if you have the $$$ to buy Igor, then for the same $$$ you could likely buy both Heartbreaker AND Mandarin.

But personally if I had to pick just one, and could afford any one of these, Igor would be my choice. I've seen him in person at SDCC and a lot like the Iron Monger figure, the photos don't really do it justice until you see it in person.

Heartbreaker is the coolest looking suit IMO, but it doesn't have the presence that Igor does. And although the Mandarin figure has amazing detail, I personally won't be buying him just because he really isn't a villain.

You should also factor in release dates. Once all three of these are actually available (currently only the Heartbreaker is up for preorder), you may see that you can afford more than just one. It will be quite some time until all three of these are shipping out to us, so you'll have quite a while to save your pennies.

I would go for Heart Breaker since he doesn't take up a lot of space like Igor. I would probably buy Igor but he's huge and I don't have the space for it.

Passing on Mandarin.

I can't vote on this not knowing what else you have in your collection. First off, I think the Mandarin is a complete waste unless you just love Trevor that much. If you don't have any IM figures, I'd go with Heartbreaker (though for your first IM purchase I think there are better choices out there). If you already have a bunch, then Igor changes the collection up and is definitely an eye-catcher considering how big it is.

I can't vote on this not knowing what else you have in your collection. First off, I think the Mandarin is a complete waste unless you just love Trevor that much. If you don't have any IM figures, I'd go with Heartbreaker (though for your first IM purchase I think there are better choices out there). If you already have a bunch, then Igor changes the collection up and is definitely an eye-catcher considering how big it is.

What is the best choice for a first Iron Man figure?

Guy pretty obviously is buying one of these three, and is asking which folks think he should buy. I don't understand these kinds of threads in general, but the poll makes complete sense in the context of the assistance the OP is looking for.

:exactly:... once the op makes the desition this can be deleted if it bothers people that much :dunno

On topic: I can't help you, I'm getting the 3 of them, I don't know how but I will. We don't have Igor's price yet but it will be more expensive for sure, just decide wich one you can't live without :lol

Last edited:
Back