HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy random HT indy parts parted out (the outfit) put him on a solid neck tryetype and get one of the custom heads for the most cost efficient and best result Indiana Jones. total it would cost you about 150 maybe? depending on what route you go but it would be much better than any stock option.

May I know where I can get that custom head? At ebay, those custom head cost abt $160 alone.
Thanks.

Indiana Jones stuff is what sparked my interest in adding some collectibles. First the Idol, then the Ark, then the Chalice....
I have the SS Indy and while he isn't on the level of my Hot Toys figs, I think, even though I REALLY wanted to like this figure upon it's release announcement, he will suffice.
There's no doubt, if you have the HT Indy you should be happier overall. If anything that real felt hat alone looks great. But he didn't turn out to be the "definitive" Raiders figure I had hoped. Obviously this doesn't have to be some pipe dream as many recent releases have proven (89' Batman!!)
Just because he is the "best" currently available certainly doesn't mean he will be the best for a long time. I'm pretty sure, especially with Indy 5 in the works, that there will be PLENTY of opportunity to cash in on this license.
I'm sure Hot Toy's knows the power of 80's nostaligia within their business strategy and as such, future products such as a Temple of Doom Indy and Mola Ram seem more as a matter of time than question.
I will wait for the release that fully satifies my nostalgia which I suspect will be the TOD version.

Ever since I could walk I dreamed of one day owning the perfect rendition of my favorite Harrison Ford stuntman from the Indiana Jones movies. Thanks to Hot Toys, this dream finally became a reality in the late fall months of 2011.:dance

:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

@Batfreak, you own 2 HT releases, wait til you buy a few more mate before telling everyone here that the Ford sculpt is one of the best ever.
you are getting Keaton Bats? Wait and compare it to your Indy, THAT is one of the best Ht releases ever.
:dunno

So I finally got this guy in the mail today.

In hand verdict, not as bad as I thought but needs work.
It actually does look a tad bit better in person, especially the headsculpt. Its not perfect, but it is passable. Nontheless, I still fully intend to do the modifications Rorywan posted awhile back.

The accessories are ok, but my opinion was definatly soured by the fact that the gun belt fell apart in my hands when I was trying to put it on.

Honestly what bugs me the most is the fit of the jacket. No matter how much I futz around with it, it is still way too tight fitting on the muscle body and looks very awkward (especially around the collar); like an adult trying on a child's coat. Though I did get it to fit a bit better by superglying the collar down.
While im not big on conspiracy theories, my guess is that Hot Toys intended to put this figure on another body and changed thier mind last minute after the clothes had been tailored.

I definatly am going to change this guy over to the first Ezio body that pops up for a reasonable price.

I will have to take the attitude of "Mad Old Lu".
It's an expensive improvement.
The side by side with SS Indy is pretty jarring.
I like the SS Indy but I have to admit the HT figure is nicer. To be fair, there are some very nice repaints of SS Indy on these boards.

I cant see it. The HT version looks pretty bad. But thats my opinion. I cant believe how bad it looks to be honest. Bring on the LSF i say :)

I cant see it. The HT version looks pretty bad. But thats my opinion. I cant believe how bad it looks to be honest. Bring on the LSF i say :)

another OTT reaction. will these ever go away? if the figure was that bad, noone would have bought it and there wouldnt be people saying its amazing. i find that quite odd when ppl say these things. well, good luck then, cuz its probably going to be a very long time before HT does anything IJ again. and its a shame, cuz this is a truly amazing figure in person.

This review is LOL. The first close-up of his Indy fig's totally cross-eyed and then the guy starts out describing the "big a** box." :rotfl

There are better (and shorter - 20 minutes?!) reviews of this figure on youtube.

i think your just...hateing. haters gonna hate.:cuckoo:

admit it, some people actually love this guy and you cant seem to handle it for some odd reason. its sad that i cant share my enthusiasm over an amazing figure on this board because of trolls and whiners like you. shame. i think i will create a threrad for people who actually appreciate the fine detail and likeness of the figure and put a big KEEP OUT sign to all the trolls and haters.

i think your just...hateing. haters gonna hate.:cuckoo:

admit it, some people actually love this guy and you cant seem to handle it for some odd reason. its sad that i cant share my enthusiasm over an amazing figure on this board because of trolls and whiners like you. shame. i think i will create a threrad for people who actually appreciate the fine detail and likeness of the figure and put a big KEEP OUT sign to all the trolls and haters.

It's OK man really, if you like it that's great enjoy it, but don't get all worked up over the backlash. You're just not going to find a lot of fellow enthusiasts for the figure. no matter WHERE you post a "troll free" thread. Here, on another board on facebook etc. It got a lot of negative backlash and there is still a lot of negative feeling over it. It's just the way it is.

I know you just spent money on it and you're excited so you hate reading about how people are disappointed so i think it's better just to leave it alone really. Consider yourself lucky you can get some enjoyment out of the figure at all let alone be ecstatic over it.

Guys,
There's obviously some that like this figure and some that are let down. Those who are disappointed have made their point, right? If so it's time to move on. Hot Toys employees do not come here looking for feedback about a figure that was released months ago. Complain directly to them through Facebook or through email. The only people picking up on your displeasure here are your fellow board members.

For those who like this figure, great. Talk about the figure all you want but there's no reason to bash those who feel differently. It's not a personal attack on your tastes in all things 1/6th.

From a personal standpoint I was very excited for this release. When I saw the proto photos I was very let down but I held out hope that we would see changes as they were promised. After a long wait the figure came out with no changes and I was pissed, yet I still bought it and I enjoy it as part of my collection. No amount of complaining will make anyone feel better about this figure so at this point we all need to move on.

Consider this a warning. I don't want to close this thread or give infractions. Thanks in advance.

-Rich

sigpic6136_13.gif

Blown away that people with $300 and up Indy customs still _____ about a $250 Indy which with a little futzing and brush-work is the best on the market.

Hot Toys is king. Hail to the king, baby.

People who like the figure telling people who hate the figure they are wrong, is exactly the same as people who hate the figure telling the people who love the figure they are wrong.

There is no higher ground, it's just opinion.

Blown away that people with $300 and up Indy customs still _____ about a $250 Indy which with a little futzing and brush-work is the best on the market. Hot Toys is king. Hail to the king, baby.

totally agree man. the BEST indy ever!

LAME thread... more pics less whining.

absolutely nothing....

More pictures!

WORD. ask and you shall recieve.

so the other day i had some spare time, and i decided to really get the most out of this guy and do a bunch of various poses. i am really in awe of how great this figure came out, he looks fantastic, like a real person, as if indy came to life on my shelf. love the rolling eyes, and i looove the clothes. the shoes imparticular are amazing. he photographs very well, and surprsingly the arab disguise outfit looks AMAZINNGG! just like the movie, and so authentic. just like the map room scene, im more and more impressed by this figure as time goes on. just tremendous job hot toys has been doing!

Last edited:
Great pics Batfreak, and nice to see some love for this figure! I am still digging mine. Need to break out my camera and get some new shots of him as well.

Back