HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man..... This is what killed the original thread.

It's my right to hate!

:lol:slap

actually hateing on something that other people actually like is just trolling. and i dont appreciate that. i dont care if it was 100 people against me, i still like it and no thread should just be soley about talking about how much something "sucks", especially when others will not agree with that. maybe you should make a "HT indy sucks" thread instead fof constantly squabbling in this one. its obvious this figure rocks, but i guess i should have expected this on a site full of hardcore nitpickers. OOH HES GOT MOLE ON HIS CHIN DOOH HT IS TEH SUCK! man iam i tired of this sh**.

It makes him look like he has raccoon eyes.

this is a very over the top statement, and an untrue one. i do NOT see any hint of "racoon eyes". youshould google racoon eyes to see what you are really talking about and what you are saying about this figure, whichy comes off as just silly. i think this is picking a very small nit. comments like this get me like :cuckoo:. seriously. and i love the pers eyes and see no reason to hate on it.

Last edited:
Like I said the casual fan or the person who does not own a lot of these things might see it as fun and cool, but compared to what we are used to and what we pay for these things fun and cool and neat and resembles him enough for me to know who it is or my friend to say "it's that guy from the whip movie right?" or "but look his eyes move!! "Is simply not enough.

its enough for me, and the best indiana jones ive seen on the market, and im sure others would agree with me on that. i looked at plenty of pics, and i have seen other HT figures, but your right i guess i dont have the extremist standards you guys have. i saw ford right away, but you all didnt. this is where i dont get it.

also, a whole new body for just one figure like indy who is covered in clothes the whole time? makes no sense. i think the body is FANTASTIC. the sculpt is too, at least to me. this is better then 90% of indy stuff out there.

Again 90% better than all the Indy stuff out there still does not make it acceptable at all really.

Sideshow as a company by comparison can't hold a candle and we all know that (or Medicom for that matter). They (Sideshow) have a fantastic sculptor Trevor Grove who was able to capture an actual likeness but their production means just are not up to par with Hot Toys. So yeah Hot Toys looks like a real person and has a technically better sculpt but in actuality despite the doll-like vibe of the sideshow one captures the character better. Posing and looking like a real person doesn't impress me anymore. I just expect it now. Someone else said it back there, I didn't set the bar. Hot Toys did.

The problem is not that it's 90% better than all Indiana Jones figures, really that's not an impressive feat because it's not hard to beat a low standard, the real problem is that it's 90% worse than all recent Hot Toys figures.

And in regards to the comment of the body its not about the clothes covering it up or not. No one is looking at the standard true type with aesthetic judgment if it looks nice and is beautiful. It's precisely because the clothes cover it up that it's held under scrutiny. It's how the clothes actually fit on the sculpt. Yeah the HT muscle body is nice looking but it was never even made for Harrison Ford it was made for Hugh Jackman.

By in large the Jacket shirt and pants are not bad, but once on the figure they become bulky and the build does not resemble Harrison Ford, hence the "roids" comments.

It's just like if Harrison Ford got all fat.. He'd still be able to wear cool Indy clothes, but it would not make him any less fat.

Again 90% better than all the Indy stuff out there still does not make it acceptable at all really.

acceptable for YOU you mean, or you and a few others here. most reviews ive seen of this figure say the likness is actually pretty damn good. its only on this site have i seen some major whiners. i dont plan on haveing a gigantic collection of HT figures like some of you here. i plan on only owning the movie characters that i really like, and there arent as many as i would like that have been made yet, but thats good because i can have a modest collection of the best figure representations of my favorite movie characters that can be displayed/posed in almost limitless ways. for me, this is the end all indiana jones. if it were really as "bad" as you people say it is, i would see it. but in this case i think all you people are just wrong, at least to me. but i do understand you are all hardcore collectors, while i am not. so i guess its basically a case of agreeing to disagree.

so far, this is the ONLY guy who has any sense at all. in total agreement with him. ha, he mentions how weird this board is.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npP3UirxxBE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
Well it's not just the board it's the Hot Toys collectors really. You think it was bad here you should have seen the official HT Facebook page! it's most of the forums in general or any place that is a collective community where the major purchasing body tends to congregate and debate etc. Sure you will get the odd guy that is more casual and thinks everything is hunky dory but there's a problem when the bulk of the consumer base has issues. Can't deny that.

There ARE real over-reactors here. I'm not gonna deny that. The kind who wants to commission endless Heath Ledger Jokers because they find some fault in the likeness of all the 600 different versions that have been produced. Or the guys who go bananas about the HT Alien not being accurate in terms of his grooves and ridges. I find that a bit odd and certainly excessive.

But as far as a basic human likeness goes for a character that in actuality is solely based on the actor that portrays him (HF IS Indy and Indy would not be anything special without him). I don't think there is over reaction. At all actually, I think the feedback is fair.

If it was not for the feedback they get, which tends to be opinionated to the extreme on the internet I guess because you have to be expressive to stand out amongst a bunch of typing, there are many in fact all figures would have come out without major improvements.

One thing I will be fair about is admitting it might be unfair to throw HT or Arnie Kim under the bus for this. It may be their fault, but it might be the license holder too.. I said it before but their only crap move was claiming they changed it and filling the preorders without showing the product and it wasn't changed at all.

I have this figure, I like this figure... but I always felt it was a "sloppy" figure from HT.

Now when I spend an afternoon futzing and posing and come here to share pictures I don't particularly like responses such as "looks nothing like Ford" or "its Ford's stuntman" either....

But I do see alot wrong with this figure, and not just the sculpt. I replaced the jacket, I dyed the shirt and pants, I had to shorten the pants belt, still need to replace the holster... that's alot to do to a $200+ "great figure".

In regards to the body, I haven't felt the need to swap it out...yet. However, if I ever need a muscle body, I know I can grab this one and give Indy a SS or Ezio body as a replacement (which many suggest make the figure's posture much better).

This figure has its share of issues but in the end I'm gla I bought it. There is over the top reaction both ways and has been so since the preview shots.

I have this figure, I like this figure... but I always felt it was a "sloppy" figure from HT.

Now when I spend an afternoon futzing and posing and come here to share pictures I don't particularly like responses such as "looks nothing like Ford" or "its Ford's stuntman" either....

But I do see alot wrong with this figure, and not just the sculpt. I replaced the jacket, I dyed the shirt and pants, I had to shorten the pants belt, still need to replace the holster... that's alot to do to a $200+ "great figure".

In regards to the body, I haven't felt the need to swap it out...yet. However, if I ever need a muscle body, I know I can grab this one and give Indy a SS or Ezio body as a replacement (which many suggest make the figure's posture much better).

Don't be discouraged Wor-Gar, hell I'll post a pic of my Indy again! :lol Could he be better? Yes. Do I like him? Hells yeah!

6855538335_5be230b59e_b.jpg

actually hateing on something that other people actually like is just trolling. and i dont appreciate that. i dont care if it was 100 people against me, i still like it and no thread should just be soley about talking about how much something "sucks", especially when others will not agree with that. maybe you should make a "HT indy sucks" thread instead fof constantly squabbling in this one. its obvious this figure rocks, but i guess i should have expected this on a site full of hardcore nitpickers. OOH HES GOT MOLE ON HIS CHIN DOOH HT IS TEH SUCK! man iam i tired of this sh**.

I was being sarcastic. If you read back through this thread -- and the old one -- you will see that I think the figure is fantastic. It's the serial haters that got the old thread locked and are doing their best to start a flame war in this one. Every single time someone posts that they like this figure the serial pests come along soon after to rain all over their comment by repeating themselves. :lol

You have to laugh at people that waste so much of their time and dedicate themselves to hating. Some people have a huge problem dealing with reality.

Thanks for the input guys. I do appreciate it. All of the comments are helpful. I kind of need all of the viewpoints.

"Batfreak" posted the video review that I was talking about. Something happens when the fedora goes on. Don't know what it is.

It's not unreasonable for collectors to expect near perfection given the price point of this figure.

Last question. Would you haters return yours for a full refund if you could? Are you dissapointed or do you feel ripped off?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the input guys. I do appreciate it. All of the comments are helpful. I kind of need all of the viewpoints.

Last question. Would you haters return yours for a full refund if you could? Are you dissapointed or do you feel ripped off?

Thanks again.

I do/did feel ripped off and I actually did sell mine yes. But I then bought a few loose parts from Toy Anxiety for a bash.. namely it was to create the Map room attire.

Would you haters return yours for a full refund if you could? Are you dissapointed or do you feel ripped off?

I'm not disappointed because I was expecting what I saw from the pictures. Everyone's reviews when it first came out said that it looked better in-hand. I was always skeptical about that statement, but I held out some hope. When I finally got it, it was just like all the in-hand photos. It did not look any better to me. I had already come to terms with the disappointment over the headsculpt and any of the other little problems I saw, so I was pretty much fine with it. The only problems I couldn't see from the pictures was how the jacket and shirt are a little difficult to futz to get it to look right.

However, once I saw it next to my Sideshow Indy (which I had always loved and defended), I saw what a better quality product the HT Indy is. It pains me to admit it, but the HT figure really is better than the Sideshow figure. I said in a previous post that looking at them side by side is like seeing an accurately sculpted mannequin of HF as Indy (the Sideshow figure) standing next to a real life person (not HF) dressed up as Indy. The overall proportions on the HT are almost perfect (the head is a tiny bit too small). While on the Sideshow figure the proportions are all out of whack despite me even replacing the body to the taller and buffer Pro 1.2. The material and finish for the (oversized) head looks positively toy-like, and the clothing, including the jacket material, lacks detail and is tailored poorly.

IMG_6676.JPG

IMG_6683.JPG

IMG_6680.JPG

The weird thing is that when I see my Sideshow Indy apart from the HT Indy, it still looks damn good. It's only when they are directly side by side that I really see how finely crafted the HT Indy is.

So yes, I am ultimately happy that I have it. It is, after all, my favourite movie character. But I have no qualms about calling HT out on how they missed the mark with the figure. I simply cannot get past the poor likeness. It's a beautiful, lifelike, realistic sculpt of someone who bears a passing resemblance to HF.

So like I mentioned before, if you're okay with what you see in all the pictures in this thread, then you will be fine with the figure (just make sure you're seeing un-modded pics!).

now I have a chance to buy a set of MISB Sideshow Indy @ around $100, but I intend to let someone repaint his head or both heads. However, my friend suggests me to buy HT Indy instead @$200 for better overall quality (except HS). I am in dilemma.

now I have a chance to buy a set of MISB Sideshow Indy @ around $100, but I intend to let someone repaint his head or both heads. However, my friend suggests me to buy HT Indy instead @$200 for better overall quality (except HS). I am in dilemma.

I would buy random HT indy parts parted out (the outfit) put him on a solid neck tryetype and get one of the custom heads for the most cost efficient and best result Indiana Jones. total it would cost you about 150 maybe? depending on what route you go but it would be much better than any stock option.

acceptable for YOU you mean, or you and a few others here. most reviews ive seen of this figure say the likness is actually pretty damn good. its only on this site have i seen some major whiners. i dont plan on haveing a gigantic collection of HT figures like some of you here. i plan on only owning the movie characters that i really like, and there arent as many as i would like that have been made yet, but thats good because i can have a modest collection of the best figure representations of my favorite movie characters that can be displayed/posed in almost limitless ways. for me, this is the end all indiana jones. if it were really as "bad" as you people say it is, i would see it. but in this case i think all you people are just wrong, at least to me. but i do understand you are all hardcore collectors, while i am not. so i guess its basically a case of agreeing to disagree.

so far, this is the ONLY guy who has any sense at all. in total agreement with him. ha, he mentions how weird this board is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npP3UirxxBE&feature=related

:exactly:
The over reaction is hilarious- you'd think this thing was hideous junk thrown at us by HT if you read alot of posts by certain parties determined to totally trash this figure.
I have it and it is just the best Indy in ANY scale. Period.

Back