HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^

Hah!

I agree that the heads don't seem to be that more different than the production variations we've been seeing, and interestingly enough I think the top one looks a lot more like him myself.

That being said there was certainly a difference in your jacket I noticed. You mentioned the neck too, Id like to see the bodies side by side stripped to compare height. It could be a lot of things, again how warped or not warped the head is, is it siting all the way down on the adapter etc.

Thanks for posting this, sorry to ask you to jump through hoops but I think a lot of us are quite curious to see if there was indeed running changes.

The first head isn't on the HT Indy Muscle body, which is why the neck looks different. And the lighting isn't the same (very difficult to get right I know). But the hats show the difference.

I love that GIF, basically shows that the headsculpt is exactly the same. Just small paint variances: eyebrow a big longer, moustache a bit higher.

Big relief. Couldn't help but wonder about the whole two head thing, especially when people are so adamant that they have two different sculpts.

Also goes to show how slight -- and I mean slight - paint differences can cahnge the likeness and make people think there's two completely different sculpts.

Not debating that there are differences in the heads, I have had a couple myself. But it's manufacturing variance not actual improvement.
Thanks for posting it though. Now we may not kill you.
:)

I at no time have I said that improvements in the figure, but variations in complements, proportions of the head and paint. And as you said this is a fact. Clearly there is not an improvement, but a variation that makes one more like Ford have another. This in hand you can see much better.

I love that GIF, basically shows that the headsculpt is exactly the same. Just small paint variances: eyebrow a big longer, moustache a bit higher.

Big relief. Couldn't help but wonder about the whole two head thing, especially when people are so adamant that they have two different sculpts.

Also goes to show how slight -- and I mean slight - paint differences can cahnge the likeness and make people think there's two completely different sculpts.

I can assure that not only differs in the paint, basically because I have before me.
Besides the paint has a twist in each head, the shape of the cheeks-jaw is different, size of head and eyes are more set to one.

Last edited:
I can assure that not only differs in the paint, basically because I have before me.
Besides the paint has a twist in each head, the shape of the cheeks-jaw is different, size of head and eyes are more set to one.

But your own GIF shows no difference in the shape of the head or eyes or nose or mouth. Its a perfect match. But I do see paint differences, that's all. And I'm sure in hand that's what you see as making a difference. I see it with my own when I changed the guyliner.

GREAT comparison BTW.

I dunno still seems like production differences to me, faststreets posted in the first 20 pages or so a side by side of two from the same dealer, showing differences in the shape of the jaw, head overall etc. Much like the Bruce Lee they are mold warping problems. We suspect it may have something to do with the PERS technology.

finally broke down and bought this this morning 210.00 shipped if by some chance i dont like him i'll just sell him

Here is my DX Indy with "guyliner" mod and face repaint. I just listed it in the for sale section if anyone is interested. It looks great...100% complete with all boxes and accessories. Just need the money for other things right now. Thanks

JB

Nice work, but....I hope it's just the lighting in your pics, because that really looks like an aged Indy from KOTLC instead :thud: It's still a good attempt but I think you went too far on the intensity of the eyebrows.

I dunno still seems like production differences to me, faststreets posted in the first 20 pages or so a side by side of two from the same dealer, showing differences in the shape of the jaw, head overall etc. Much like the Bruce Lee they are mold warping problems. We suspect it may have something to do with the PERS technology.

I agree with Raymond here, looks more like put together and painted by hand production differences to me. I have to wonder what a HT Indy would look like without the PERS as well.

Nice work, but....I hope it's just the lighting in your pics, because that really looks like an aged Indy from KOTLC instead :thud: It's still a good attempt but I think you went too far on the intensity of the eyebrows.

I actually didn't even touch the eyebrows. All I did for the repaint was used pastels to add some red to his skin.

JB

Back