HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indy8.jpg

I can practically hear the classic Indy "punch" sound when looking at this pic. :lol

Rainman actually makes chest pieces similar to those for his customs (made to work with Truetype bodies), and I've tried to pass word to him that it might be an easy dollar (or the Korean equivalent) if he listed those separately on his website for a decent price.

Assuming the neck adapter fits, those are really easy to switch out, and I think it works way better than the thicker muscle chest pieces in many cases.

Nice work!

Thanks!

I think Indy's glasses had gold rims though didn't they? I have a pair on my SS Toht that I should try.

081.jpg

Yes but these glasses were in my bin! :)

I think these are actually copper. A bit of the black paint has come off on the inside. I would probably break them if I tried to get it off though. I just wanted to see how he looked. I doubt I will ever have a full Professor Jones on my shelf.

The glasses look great on him!

Thanks. They are from some military figure. Bought them long ago from Monkey Depot. :dunno

Id get one of the ezio body's if I could score one for under $30! Looks great! I don't really want to be putting any more money into this figure. Already a tough pill at the price I paid. But it does look good!

Thanks!

Yes but these glasses were in my bin! :)

I think these are actually copper. A bit of the black paint has come off on the inside. I would probably break them if I tried to get it off though. I just wanted to see how he looked. I doubt I will ever have a full Professor Jones on my shelf.

Thanks. They are from some military figure. Bought them long ago from Monkey Depot. :dunno

You can always paint em gold and seal em!

Ya I think it's goin to be tough for a lot of people who really want to find Ford from every angle in this sculpt. I get that and to a degree I myself will probably be a little frustrated at times. But it's 1/6 and I'm not always going to be within 2 inches of this guy to judge it.

From about 2 feet away what do you see? Is the sculpt that off that it will be that distracting. I guess I've come to the conclusion from all the pics that I've seen I'll be quite ok. (if not better than ok!) For people that have it in hand what do you think?

Ya I think it's goin to be tough for a lot of people who really want to find Ford from every angle in this sculpt. I get that and to a degree I myself will probably be a little frustrated at times. But it's 1/6 and I'm not always going to be within 2 inches of this guy to judge it.

From about 2 feet away what do you see? Is the sculpt that off that it will be that distracting. I guess I've come to the conclusion from all the pics that I've seen I'll be quit ok. (if not better than ok!) For people that have it in hand what do you think?

I was having trouble with the Christian Bale sculpt, I think I expected it to be amazing like the proto pictures, but at first I was like, this is it, this is what people are paying a fortune for? When I put him on the DX 02 body though, it did look much cooler

I'd like to see some pics that don't look like Ford, just to see. I know most everyone is really trying to put their best effort on here, but maybe we should see what a good attempt without success looks like (and I don't mean repost those sissy pics with the guyliner).

Trying to get Ford out of this.. not really working..
:(

But I like the set.

screen-capture-1-17.png

This picture looks very much like HF?! That's what confuses me.. You say it's not really working but from the pic you show here it's looks quite the opposite. All I see IS Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. It's these type of pics that actually get me even more excitted to have it in hand. I realize its subjective but maybe in person it looks a little different?

Ah yeah man, what I mean is I took about 8 pics, this was the most Ford like. Normally I don't have that problem.

I think the problem is you just can't see Ford in this figure, I'm not sure that will change? I know for Michael Crawford, the figure sculpt improved for him after photographing it, although he still is not 100% happy with it. It maybe the case that you might never see it no matter how hard you try. The good thing though is that the figure is popular, faults and all, so you should be able to get a good price if you no longer want it.

I was having trouble with the Christian Bale sculpt, I think I expected it to be amazing like the proto pictures, but at first I was like, this is it, this is what people are paying a fortune for? When I put him on the DX 02 body though, it did look much cooler

I unfortunately didn't get into this hobby until after the DX 02 was released but I have seen pics of people doing what you are talking about. It looks pretty tight!

I think the problem is you just can't see Ford in this figure, I'm not sure that will change? I know for Michael Crawford, the figure sculpt improved for him after photographing it, although he still is not 100% happy with it. It maybe the case that you might never see it no matter how hard you try. The good thing though is that the figure is popular, faults and all, so you should be able to get a good price if you no longer want it.

I think this is a very true statement. You see what your mind wants you to see. By judging from the pics I have seen, I am sure it will be good enough. However, for the price we are all paying for it, it should not just be good enough. It should be pretty darn perfect, so I can understand people's frustration with the head sculpt. No sculptor seems to be able to nail down Ford. However,he seems to look different in every photograph I have seen of him. That's is what I think makes him so hard to sculpt and is what makes it so frustrating for so many people is that everyone has a different perception of what he should look like.

I think this is a very true statement. You see what your mind wants you to see. By judging from the pics I have seen, I am sure it will be good enough. However, for the price we are all paying for it, it should not just be good enough. It should be pretty darn perfect, so I can understand people's frustration with the head sculpt. No sculptor seems to be able to nail down Ford. However,he seems to look different in every photograph I have seen of him. That's is what I think makes him so hard to sculpt and is what makes it so frustrating for so many people is that everyone has a different perception of what he should look like.

:lecture Well put, I see much more of Ford in the sculpt than some, but I totally agree with your comment.

Haters can hate but this is a fun figure!!! Slap him on a ezio body and use the muscle for something else!

indy6.jpg

That looks really good. My SSC Indy is on a narrow TT so kitbashing the two I should get a really good standard Indy and a really good Map Room Indy.

This picture looks very much like HF?! That's what confuses me.. You say it's not really working but from the pic you show here it's looks quite the opposite. All I see IS Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. It's these type of pics that actually get me even more excitted to have it in hand. I realize its subjective but maybe in person it looks a little different?

You know that's my pic right? It's just feels wrong. I could have posted the 7 other pics which look wrong but this I felt was most sympathetic to the license. I think this is a great set, but I don't think it's a great sculpt. It's kinda creepy weird. Bit I will agree that it looks better inhand, standing on my desk.

pretty funny for the people that said that the head sculpt was a fail toy anxiety can't keep it in stock. just picked mine up will post pics later.

This is truly a solid figure! I'm having fun posing him, my attempt with the garb Keffiyeh sorry done on my iphone..:(
IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Back