HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever dealt with ABC Express Toys?

I pre-purchased this figure off an ebay auction in Febuary - still haven't seen it. I've sent e-mails that are responded to and keep saying they are being packed for shipping, but I have not got a tracking number after almost 2 weeks. The really annoying thing is that this company is selling parted out figures on ebay, before honoring their paid up commitments.

Not very impressed :impatient::impatient::impatient::thwak:thwak

I pre-purchased this figure off an ebay auction in Febuary - still haven't seen it. I've sent e-mails that are responded to and keep saying they are being packed for shipping, but I have not got a tracking number after almost 2 weeks. The really annoying thing is that this company is selling parted out figures on ebay, before honoring their paid up commitments.

:slapDon't ever pre-order anything off of ebay. There's no protection. Hope you get it.

:slapDon't ever pre-order anything off of ebay. There's no protection. Hope you get it.

I don't have any stake in ABC Express so I can't guarantee anything....but I guarantee you you'll get it :lol and there is nothing to worry about.

Why there is a delay at the moment I couldn't tell you but they are amongst the best and most reliable of the ebay collectible sellers.
I've pre-ordered off them more than a few times without concern that the Paypal 45 day claim limit will expire. And will continue to do so.

I find the flapping over the headsculpt amusing, when a great deal of Hot Toys releases only partially resemble the actor. Hello, Blade? Wolverine? All the iterations of Tony Stark?

Get a grip.

Those figures didn't cost upward of $240 :lol ...plus Blade has sunnies and the Stark sculpts in most of the IM figures play second fiddle to the helmet. Wolverine... I think a lot of people dug the 'character' it showed in the expression enough to forgive any perceived shortcomings.

I'm no fan of the Indy sculpt, but I'm getting over the whining. Say it once - twice even - and move on. Broken records grow boring even when you like the tune.

ABCExpress have been solid in the few dealings I've had with them. I'd always suggest going through their site though - it's a part deposit only, and a few bucks cheaper because they don't have to pick up the ebay fees bill. If I were you I'd sit tight, they'll come through :)

Mine is scheduled for wed from AE ;(. Might pull the trigger on another one for $220 total.. Local pick up. That would be Monday! ;)

Okay, mine is on the way and should be here on Monday if everything's fine...

But I'd ordered a spare head to make Arab garb Indy, and I got this yesterday.

... so here's what I think. First, bear in mind that I like it, that I've defended the damn thing since the first pics, that I'm content with it, that I own the Toys Mc Coy and the previous SCC Indies!

... that said, this is a weird, ugly sculpt, probably the worst of all those floating around and previously mentionned! Yes, under some light, it looks very much like Ford, but in most cases, especially when the light comes from the front, he's more Kansas Smith than Indiana Jones.

... yesterday, I was comparing it to actual pictures of Ford, and it's so wrong I wonder how HT could use that sculpt. The whole nose (not just the nostril!) is completely off! too pointy, and the eyes, god, the eyes! You really have to mess up a lot with the PERS system to get the eyes look not too ugly, all this being accented by the drag queen make up caused by the eyes being too deep set!

... So I'm sure the the hat and shadows, plus the awesome accessories will make up for this, but here, clearly, HT delivered a lemon... :(

I ordered from them before and I got my stuff, but every time it took some time. I think they get their stock in waves and they always put the first wave up on ebay to sell for higher price. Then when they get the second wave they ship the pre-orders.

HT26.jpg

HT24.jpg

Back