HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has no body mentioned that the pair of bare fist hands that come with this figure look like DX04 hands with the thumbs cut off and replaced!!!

by far the most bizarre re use of an item by HT.... Also think those are T-800 hands for the other set...

You know that's my pic right? It's just feels wrong. I could have posted the 7 other pics which look wrong but this I felt was most sympathetic to the license. I think this is a great set, but I don't think it's a great sculpt. It's kinda creepy weird. Bit I will agree that it looks better inhand, standing on my desk.

Ya I figured it was not only a pic you took but also one that showed him off the best. The only problem is that it looks good. :dunno Maybe post one if you could that didn't capture ford at all? I know pics from the side look really quite strange. But if you post a pic from the front that also is off would be interesting as well.

By the way I don't want you to think I'm defending what I think is a perfect sculpt. I just would like to see a pic that isn't up to par from your perspective. :1-1:

I find the flapping over the headsculpt amusing, when a great deal of Hot Toys releases only partially resemble the actor. Hello, Blade? Wolverine? All the iterations of Tony Stark?

Get a grip.

I find the flapping over the headsculpt amusing, when a great deal of Hot Toys releases only partially resemble the actor. Hello, Blade? Wolverine? All the iterations of Tony Stark?

Get a grip.

Personally I dont see the big fuss over Wolverine I think it looks like Jackman enough,very nice figure, as for Blade keep his sunglasses on and he looks great. But this is the strangest of all sculpts. Yeah from far away in certain lighting at certain angles it kinda looks like Ford. All in all just straight up looking at it with no futzing it just doesnt look like him BUT (and this is funny) if I had the cash I'd probably get him:lol He just looks so ____ing fun to pose,display and shoot. And the accessories kick ass IMO

I think this is a very true statement. You see what your mind wants you to see. By judging from the pics I have seen, I am sure it will be good enough. However, for the price we are all paying for it, it should not just be good enough. It should be pretty darn perfect, so I can understand people's frustration with the head sculpt. No sculptor seems to be able to nail down Ford. However,he seems to look different in every photograph I have seen of him. That's is what I think makes him so hard to sculpt and is what makes it so frustrating for so many people is that everyone has a different perception of what he should look like.

The Sideshow sculptor (Trevor Grove? sp?) nails Harrison Ford. It was pretty dumb that Hot Toys didn't just employ from the start for this since they had a relationship with Sideshow anyway due to the licensing here. The original Sideshow figure was $80 with far cheaper production and paint process. Look at his 3 Premium Format Jones and tell me he hasn't nailed Ford.

And no offense to Arnie Kim because the dude is a sculpting god, but his own blog and personal work that he has shown over the years has shown he has always struggled with Ford compared to other western movie icons. It was not a smartly handled situation from Hot Toys right from the start.

My LCS got some in today.

Is LCS a widely known term? I'm guessing it means Local Comic Shop. But...

Wikipedia: A Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) is a type of relatively small surface vessel intended for operations in the littoral zone (close to shore).

I can't stand the text nation.

I agree completely SAB.

IMG_6645.JPG

I actually do have a shirt underneath, buttoned up high (it's the Sideshow shirt).

I think the shirt is optional. For those who want to skip it, you really don't see much of it at all, especially because of the turban. And you can close the V in the robe enough to not show any chest.

That said, it's nice KNOWING there is a shirt under there!

I don't have the shirt under mine, but I really don't feel the need to get it. Yes it's nice knowing it's there and I might snag one, but really it's not necessary and completely unseen with the tunic and turban.

The Sideshow sculptor (Trevor Grove? sp?) nails Harrison Ford. It was pretty dumb that Hot Toys didn't just employ from the start for this since they had a relationship with Sideshow anyway due to the licensing here. The original Sideshow figure was $80 with far cheaper production and paint process. Look at his 3 Premium Format Jones and tell me he hasn't nailed Ford.

And no offense to Arnie Kim because the dude is a sculpting god, but his own blog and personal work that he has shown over the years has shown he has always struggled with Ford compared to other western movie icons. It was not a smartly handled situation from Hot Toys right from the start.

I agree with this 100%! I've seen both sculpts in hand and Trevor's suporier IMO.

Get a grip.

At this point I can't decide who is serving the stronger cool-aid, SS or HT. Glad I never drank from either punchbowl.

I agree with this 100%! I've seen both sculpts in hand and Trevor's suporier IMO.

I respectfully disagree. I don't get all the love for that sculpt. It looks like Indy had an allergic reaction to a bee sting with a too neutral of an expression. Awful in my opinion and so are the Han solo sculpts. The premium format one does look good but the eyes look like they are squinting and this is only exacerbated when shrunk down to 1/6th scale. Like I said, I think people see what they want to see. It's art and everyone's perception varies greatly. I have the sideshow one and it's embarrassingly bad to the point I just boxed him. He isn't even worth the effort to sell it's so bad.

I respectfully disagree. I don't get all the love for that sculpt. It looks like Indy had an allergic reaction to a bee sting with a too neutral of an expression. Awful in my opinion and so are the Han solo sculpts. The premium format one does look good but the eyes look like they are squinting and this is only exacerbated when shrunk down to 1/6th scale. Like I said, I think people see what they want to see. It's art and everyone's perception varies greatly. I have the sideshow one and it's embarrassingly bad to the point I just boxed him. He isn't even worth the effort to sell it's so bad.

thanks for putting that "respectfully" infront of disagree. LOL I respect your opinion. Oh and LOL Sws.

Dr. Brad... 1975 was such a good year, how can you be so mean? :lol

Kidding....

If I can see Toht in the Sideshow Toht sculpt, then I sure as hell can see the Ford in the HT sculpt. Dammit. *puts foot down* * big black man says: Yeah!*

This picture looks very much like HF?! That's what confuses me.. You say it's not really working but from the pic you show here it's looks quite the opposite. All I see IS Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. It's these type of pics that actually get me even more excitted to have it in hand. I realize its subjective but maybe in person it looks a little different?

Oh chubs.....chubs..chubs....

This is over from the custom indy thread... This is what can be done using the HT map room costume on the no hat SST sculpt. Not bad actually...
IMG_6645.JPG

That was my plan. Boy does he look good.
I just got my shoes, pants and bag from Toy Anxiety, with the full set coming next week from A.E.

Aren't the pants, bag and shoes nice. I am amazed at the detail.

Back