HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Raiders PF but I could really get behind a 1:4 HD Enterbay Indiana Jones.

The way Enterbay have been knocking them out the park with the last few releases, this would be awesome.

There's not one Harrison Ford sculpt out there that doesn't have something wrong with it. Not that I've seen anyway.

EB could really do a job on this guy looking at their Bruce Lee, T2 BD and Joker.

Last edited:
Looks like a narrow ht body with a sculpted neck. Couldn't you just swap the arms on its original body and get the same result?

Some people did that. But Ezio torso/shoulders seems to absorb the Indy jacket thickness perfectly and give very natural shoulders. It has a step-down and angle that seems better than existing HT muscle body torso. The muscle body torso is also too muscular for Indy (thick neck) to some degree.

Looks like a narrow ht body with a sculpted neck. Couldn't you just swap the arms on its original body and get the same result?

I think that would be the way to go for me personally just because of the sculpted neck. Actually, I still use the muscle body just because of the sculpted arms and neck. Some times I like to display him with the jacket off and the sleeves rolled up and the sculpted arms looks much better imo. The neck and arms on the Ezio body have more of a plastic look. If HT takes another shot at Indy I hope they give him a body more in mind of Fords physique. HT like to get lazy at times and recycle bodies which is something that's shouldn't have happened here. No reason not to make a specific body for Indy with the going rate of these figures. That brings to mind, remember when this thing came out and how shocking the price was? :lol

"Nothing" is a bit strong. Remove the guyliiner and it's a lot closer.

To say it looks nothing like is a bit strong but I think saying it looks exactly like him is just as strong.

Apologists? Can you read? Most fans of this fig agree the likness is off for sure, but still like it... You dont like it? Good , then dont buy it.

It is a curious sculpt no doubt. When I first saw the proto I thought it looked nothing like him. As I saw more and more pics and time went on I wanted to buy it to see it in hand for myself. Not to mention that it looks like a fun figure regardless of then likeness. Anyway, like I said it's a curious sculpt. It has a lot of Fords feature done really well. The lips, the scar, the shape of the eyes. But all together and something isn't right. It's like the sum of all the parts don't add up for some reason. I think the shape of the jaw has a lot to do with it. Now, when modded you can get much closer. Get rid of the guyliner, maybe add a little paint to the beard or complexion, thin out the jaw line etc. Any and all these things make it a better figure.

Even regardless of likeness issues it's still the best mass market 1/6 Indy for me and it's got a lot of other stuff going for it to make it a worth while fun figure.

On a side note, I was wondering if anyone has cut out the liner of the HT jacket to give it a more natural fit. A little closer to his body.

Last edited:
Ford is a really hard likeness to nail for some reason, but the HT is closest it has gotten so far right out of the box. Theres other customs that have gotten closer but I havent seen one that is BANG ON yet. Groves is the closest raw sculpt that has come along but it is destroyed by the shoddy factory paint.

If HT could get Grove on board to bang out a new Ford Indy for a TOD release I think that would easily make the top of everyones list for Best Indy. That would be the best of both worlds really. Best Sculpt + Best Factory Paint = WIN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

IDK one company knocked it out the park when it came to the likeness of Ford. And that company is the mighty Hasbro

indi1_zps95c47c42.jpg
indi2_zpsed2753e1.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I like this figure. I don't think I'll be parting ways with it in the future. I can't believe you can buy it for so cheap in the aftermarket world.

Was this just gloss and the guy liner removed or a total re-paint??

I basically just took some lighter flesh tone and brushed it on over HT's stock job, adding some pink/red highlights and flushing here and there. I removed the guyliner and painted the eyelids a normal color, drybrushed the beard on and added a layer of gloss for sweat. I also added some flushing to his neck and chest. I wanted him to look like he'd been out in the desert for a bit.

I basically just took some lighter flesh tone and brushed it on over HT's stock job, adding some pink/red highlights and flushing here and there. I removed the guyliner and painted the eyelids a normal color, drybrushed the beard on and added a layer of gloss for sweat. I also added some flushing to his neck and chest. I wanted him to look like he'd been out in the desert for a bit.

It looks brilliant. Really good job. I like the way the sweat makes him look more real rather than a toy.

I can see past likeness issue's if the quality of the paint and sculpt is good. That's partly why I was more of a fan of the old MMS117 T2 figure over the new DX10 T2. The new one regardless if it's better or not, still looks like a toy to me.

Hot Toys sculpts in general have been pretty hit or miss since they ramped up the lines.

Wow, this thread is a broken record. It's kind of amazing how one figure can have so many people passionately divided.

I think people can see past the likeness because it's just such a damn good set. Seriously, if this had a better head sculpt it would easily be the best DX figure released IMO.

The clothes, the diorama , display pack and options, the box with the map, the tailoring. This could have been Hot Toys greatest figure had they just nailed the HS. They are not the only one's to miss though, even Sideshows latest offerings have me still shaking my head.

I'm hoping Hot Toys can nail DX Han Solo with two head sculpts and this figure will be taken to a whole new level! :)

I think people can see past the likeness because it's just such a damn good set. Seriously, if this had a better head sculpt it would easily be the best DX figure released IMO.

The clothes, the diorama , display pack and options, the box with the map, the tailoring. This could have been Hot Toys greatest figure had they just nailed the HS. They are not the only one's to miss though, even Sideshows latest offerings have me still shaking my head.

I'm hoping Hot Toys can nail DX Han Solo with two head sculpts and this figure will be taken to a whole new level! :)

The DX Han would have to have a removable hair piece like Indy to fit the hatted hair piece to get the hat to fit right though, which is a long shot. Cant think of a reason why HT would do that with Han. Otherwise youre looking at heavily modding the head/hair to match Indys.

What needs to happen is a new DX set with TOD Indy and include TWO Headsculpts. And one could go to this Raiders version. WIN.

Back