HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, I've got all three versions; HT, SS, and Medicom. They all have their pros and cons (yes, even the Medi has it' s pros). I have to say, for my money, straight out of the box, the HT is my favorite. Not perfect, just the overall best of the three IMO.

IMG_45322.JPG

This shot perfectly illustrates how nobody has yet made a perfect Indy figure in 1:6.

For what it's worth, I've got all three versions; HT, SS, and Medicom. They all have their pros and cons (yes, even the Medi has it' s pros). I have to say, for my money, straight out of the box, the HT is my favorite. Not perfect, just the overall best of the three IMO.

Other than the accessories (which are great,) what are the pros? I have never looked at that figure very closely.

Last edited:
I bought the SS Indy when he came out, and though by today's standards he's pretty lame I still display him because he's Indy.

When I heard HT was giving Indy a go I was extremely excited, but seeing the final product both online and in person I decided to bail on the pre-order as I thought the sculpt to be far under HT standards.

I do, however, hope that HT revisits Indy someday, perhaps a DX Raiders/Temple/Crusade version/s.

Other than the accessories (which are great,) what are the pros? I have never looked at that figure very closely.

Well, there aren't many beside the accesories, but the body is capable of pulling off (and maintaining) some really nice, lifelike, poses. Also, of all three, he has the most screen accurate holster...despite it being made of plastic. Other than that, yeah, I don't have anything.

Anyone know who's got the best price on another one of these? I just picked up the map room and would like to display both looks next to each other.

You guys need HT to do a Han Solo for a second shot, and then you can switch out heads. Done, and done.

Tried searching through this thread for an answer but hey ho I'll just ask.

Is this sculpt one of those sculpts that looks better in person? I'd like a new HT and I recently got the Indy Blu Ray boxset but don't want to look around for one if the head sculpt is seriously as bad as everyone made it out to be. Because whenever I think DX05 Indiana Jones I think "Oh yeah everyone hated the head"

Tried searching through this thread for an answer but hey ho I'll just ask.

Is this sculpt one of those sculpts that looks better in person? I'd like a new HT and I recently got the Indy Blu Ray boxset but don't want to look around for one if the head sculpt is seriously as bad as everyone made it out to be. Because whenever I think DX05 Indiana Jones I think "Oh yeah everyone hated the head"

Its really a "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" on this one. I love it. It could use some work but its the best 1:6 Indy out of box on the market right now. Others hate it for different reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah DX05 looks much better in person. As usual with new releases people like to take pictures from 1 inch away with their 16+ megapixle camera and then upload it in a giant picture. And then everybody jumps on the hate bandwagon. People forgot when you get these things the heads are only about 1 1/2"in hand. Its a great piece, you should pick one up Toast

Those pics on pages 525 and 526 were taken with my phone, and I think they capture Ford better than most pics I've seen ( if I do say so myself :) )

And is that Indy of yours unaltered as in no modifications or paint jobs? If so, those are some quality pictures and most certainly make me want this figure.

I feel I got pretty much what I saw in all the photos. If you like the photos, you'll love the figure. And if you're kinda "eh" about the photos, then you won't be disappointed. In other words, it's not any worse in person! ;)

Back