HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have my second Indy tomorrow. Ill be selling off most of the pieces as I only need him for the map room getup. If anyone needs any parts let me know. Ill most likely be getting rid of:
Gloved hands
Pedestal
Idol
Sandbag
Extra staff
Jacket
Hat
Holster and belt
Pistols
Extra map room getup

Wow, this thread is a broken record. It's kind of amazing how one figure can have so many people passionately divided.

I agree. At the end of the day, I can agree that the sculpt is not perfect and that there are far better sculpts in the HT line-up. What I have a hard time understanding however, is the opinion that the SS Indy sculpt is any better.

It almost seems like the Hoth Han jacket color debate. We grew up with the toy thinking it was blue. Then they told us it was brown. We said no friggin way. Then we see the costume on display at a convention and still don't believe its brown.

It's kinda like Indy where we think we know what Harrison ford looks like in our minds but then we see what he really looks like and we still don't believe it.

Ideal vs real. Nobody wins.

It almost seems like the Hoth Han jacket color debate. We grew up with the toy thinking it was blue. Then they told us it was brown. We said no friggin way. Then we see the costume on display at a convention and still don't believe its brown.

It's kinda like Indy where we think we know what Harrison ford looks like in our minds but then we see what he really looks like and we still don't believe it.

Ideal vs real. Nobody wins.

Its brown...? :huh:huh

There was actually a story next to that display telling how it was brown but everyone saw it as blue because of the lighting and snow all around it. Therefore they ended up making two different color versions of the hasbro figure pictured below it.

I ALWAYS thouogh its was blue becasue of this......
vintage_hoth_han_solo_rebel_soldier_turret_playset.jpg

indy1-2.jpg

indy-1.jpg

indy10.jpg

indy9.jpg

indy7.jpg

indy4-1.jpg

indy3-1.jpg

Ford's in there. Just buried under terrible paint.

If this is what the HT figure lookes like right out of the box, I would have purchased in a heartbeat. Amazing! I can't justify buying this for $200+ and then having someone repaint it.

I don't have this figure but am getting the idea that pics don't really do it justice and you need to see it in-hand before making final judgement??

I don't have this figure but am getting the idea that pics don't really do it justice and you need to see it in-hand before making final judgement??

If you have the opportunity to see it in person, it's probably the best thing to do. I personally see the photos posted here (even the worst ones) to be fairly accurate to how it looks in hand. But others swear it looks better in hand. So :dunno

Got this for Christmas. I have to say it looks better in hand. I've took pictures of mine and hate the pics. This figure is not very photogenic. I know it's not perfect but it still looks great.

Somewhat true. Although it's not leaps and bounds better. The HS really needs to be modded to get the best out of it. I personally don't think there are many Hot Toys that don't look better in hand which is why you should always try and get a peak.

It's a really strong figure in every department with one bad spot, it's just that that bad spot is the whole point of the figure. It's not that it's the worst representation for me, more that it looks like a toy. It's got a real action man "doll" look.

Somewhat true. Although it's not leaps and bounds better. The HS really needs to be modded to get the best out of it. I personally don't think there are many Hot Toys that don't look better in hand which is why you should always try and get a peak.

It's a really strong figure in every department with one bad spot, it's just that that bad spot is the whole point of the figure. It's not that it's the worst representation for me, more that it looks like a toy. It's got a real action man "doll" look.

It's funny you say that, SS. It's the opposite for me. The best thing I can say about the figure is that it looks like a real person shrunk down to 1:6 scale. Not doll-like at all in my eyes. My problem is, and always will be, that it doesn't look (enough) like HF to make this figure a winner.

It's funny you say that, SS. It's the opposite for me. The best thing I can say about the figure is that it looks like a real person shrunk down to 1:6 scale. Not doll-like at all in my eyes. My problem is, and always will be, that it doesn't look (enough) like HF to make this figure a winner.

Do you have any other HT's ?? Look at the CR Superman or Keaton Bats, even something like Jack Sparrow or Bruce Lee.

They have a real good skin tone and sculpting in the lines of the face. The Indy sculpt is really bland to me. It lacks character, out of the box the skin shading is almost non existent, the expression is bland and his eye's are not really sitting well in the sockets. His stubble is almost not there.

The rest of the figure absolutely does shine though.

Another example would be the MMS117 Terminator 2 figure. It doesn't really look that much like Arnold but it looks very real in terms of paint and facial lines.

I admit I don't have any of those. The best HT sculpt I have is an RDJ from the Mark IV, and yes, it is better detailed and painted than the Indy.

I know from the photographs how much better the Reeve Supes, Jack, Bruce, etc. are, and it just makes it that much sadder that HT couldn't give Indy the same attention.

Still, I feel Indy does look realistic--especially compared to Sideshow's Indy. Certainly not HT's best in recent years, but still a step up from non-HT high-end 1:6 figures. Ultimately that doesn't mean squat to me if it doesn't look like who it's supposed to look like! :)

Back