HT do's and don't petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt the same way about those, and Sweeney Todd etc :dunno

...didn't buy any of them though :)

HT needs to follow up with their overdue figures (BTFF, Batman Returns) and have some diversity in their line or they'll end up like McFarlane Toys in 10 years time.

A recoloured version of MoS, a Zod Variant, and some more Predators.

*yawn*

How about something that's actually new. Something that doesn't have me pinching myself to stay awake!

I'd love a Beetlejuice! John McClane? Barbossa!?!? An Indiana Jones that actually looks like Harrison Ford?

Because going forward, I'm not interested in any more IM, I'm not interested in 1/5 MoS figures, and I couldn't give a crap about another version of Predator. I'm happy with the stuff I've got, and Robocop is coming, so once they arrive, unless something new and interesting appears on the horizon, I'll only be buying those occasional figures that are a definite and susbtantial upgrade to the characters I already have. Like the Crow, which is something I thought would never get done. They need to win me over by producing something interesting, because as it stands, all my favourite movies and characters are going to be covered. The endless repaints and variants are boring as bat****.

Last edited:
People complain about all the Iron Man stuff. Personally, I'm just glad I don't give a damn about Iron Man.

I'd hate for them to make 22 figures from a license I want. Then again ... I can't think of a license from which I'd want 22-figures. Most licenses, even those they haven't made yet, I'd be in for two or three, max.

SnakeDoc

:goodpost:

I'm glad I don't collect HT :exactly:

So there's too many Iron Man's and the solution is more Preds and MoS variants...?:cuckoo:

Yeah, that struck me as a bit odd. There's too many Iron Mans, so please duplicate this other popular character instead...

At the end of the day, Iron Man is making Hot Toys a lot of money. If making 3,253 Iron Man variants (I'm assuming that's how many there is now, I lost track) means that they have the resources to design and shove out a figure like Loki or the Hulk every so often, I'm cool with it. Hot Toys is a business, not a charity.

Is every thread in this section these days ultimately about price and overabundance of Iron Man from Hot Toys? I got some major deja vu reading this thread.

More 80s movies please
Milk the market before we get too old!

I think were going to see much of the same. More IM, along with Avenger 2 figures and subsequent sequels with a surprise releases here and there, like the Crow. Few and far between. Afterall they still have to go back a remake all the Predators, another Ledger Joker, prolly another Bale Batman etc. HT is booked for a long time. :lol

Even Star Wars, a so-called "dream license" for Howard Chan, gets sidelined.
:lol
Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

guys this wasn't about stop making IM's and make more of the same lines from MOS and Preds. I gave a quick off the top of my head list not all encompassing list of what a lot of people want.

Some have commented on not understanding how I can post about stop doing IM's when I admitted to owning some. Never said they are bad, but perhaps they could do a couple IM's per year and do some other lines rather than 10 out of 18 figures they release in a year are all IM that's a bit much. That's my point.

A lot of other great movie lines have been brought up like Back to the future and Die hard to name a few. The point is, it would be nice to see some other movie lines get some attention and yes there are plenty of people that would buy. I do believe they would make just as much money. However, as someone stated earlier it probably is in large part due to getting the license to those movie lines. Much easier to stick with what you already got and just repaint and rename LOL! AKA Golden Mark VII.... OOPS I mean Midas LOL!

So sadly nothing probably will change.

What's wrong with Predator line:lecture:pfft:

What we need is Conan Annie version.

And possibly the most iconic figure long over due.... For me this is better than supes and thor.......

Dolph Lundgren as......."I HAVE THE POWER".

The people whining about rereleases don't even make up most of their market sales. Howard Chan does not give a **** about you guys. People that missed out on older stuff make up way more than the total amount of collector's few years back. Your petition is futile. Surrender.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here actually bought the whole catalogue of HT Iron Man?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back