HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Emailed a few guys I normally use on eBay & there all pretty much said the same thing. They are getting them in but there not putting them up for PO & there going to put them up when in stock. Still nothing on price yet though. So I wouldn't panic buy just yet. If your from the UK, Breaker from OneSixthBruce said to me yesterday that he's talking to his supplier about getting them in to. I'm sure there'll be plenty to go round, it's just about being patient. I doubt to get get it for Retail but I'm sure we can all do a lot better than the prices being said on EvilBay right now

and it's only the beginning!
If crazy people already buy this at this price, I can see the price explode when it will be out ...
:x

Doubtful. This is just speculation. Final price will depend on how "limited" it really is.

Doubtful. This is just speculation. Final price will depend on how "limited" it really is.

I think this will go to near $1K in after market following initial release but then plumet to $250ish once more supply is available (following the events later in the year). Long term value is likely to be good though, similar to DX02 for example.

Like it or not Ebay and scalpers determine your collection's monetary worth. It really is a catch 22.

Someone start a post on HTs wall saying that they should make it a regular release then link to it here. Maybe we can all "like" it and get them to realize it's better for them to make the money then the bullcrap scalpers and flippers. (id do it myself but I'm late for work)

I'm not entirely sure what the "800" means, but I'd like to assume that it means 800 per show. It'd be great if someone could translate that.

1107051945f12c9244b6503f9b.jpg

1107051945ef574cb3bd71ab36.jpg

So there's six shows. If there's indeed 800 for each one, that's 4,800. From past exclusives, it seems Hot Toys makes more than they usually do, so in reality, the total could be 5,000 or more. The more figures they produce, the less expensive the MSRP/retail price will be.

Personally, I'm optimistic about getting this thing and I want doubles.

Let's say that it really is limited and Hot Toys doesn't meet the demand with their supply. What's stopping them from making a "second batch" like they did with the T2 T-800? It might even be changed to a regular edition if the demand isn't meant and there are hundreds and thousands of people wanting this thing. I'm pretty sure T-1000 as Sarah Connor went from being a limited exclusive to being made available.

I'm not entirely sure what the "800" means, but I'd like to assume that it means 800 per show.

It is 800 of each item for the show in HK. Does not mention the other shows.

So what, there's 5 HK shows, right? 4,000? Plus whatever is at SDCC. Aye, 'tis a goodly amount!

Wow, this looks awesome! No desire to display a Bruce Wayne HS or the first night out setup though, and it doesn't look like they made any improvements to the actual suit, so I'm happy to stick with my TDK OC Bats.

I'm not entirely sure what the "800" means, but I'd like to assume that it means 800 per show. It'd be great if someone could translate that.

1107051945f12c9244b6503f9b.jpg

It says there are 800pcs for each of the figures available for the HK ACG Fair. And only toy hunter VIPs are allow to preorder the figures between 07/07 to 07/21. However, there will be low quantity for sale at the fair as well.

There is no mention about any other shows or what not. But since grey ironman is available for SDCC, perhaps the batman will be too. Eventually.

Hmmm... so it sounds like VIP members have a large window to order and that might set the ES.

I really think Bats and the Pred will be about as limited as the T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise figure. But will likely sell better as they are cooler figures.

I didn't like Begins all that much, mainly because of the suit... but for some reason it translates better as a figure than it does in the film.

I dig it... i fear i may get it if the option is there... :/

Did it have the bat emblem on the suit when he had the harness and mask on?

And how is it HT's misses that damn mole on Bale's nose every time?

M.

I didn't like Begins all that much, mainly because of the suit... but for some reason it translates better as a figure than it does in the film.

I dig it... i fear i may get it if the option is there... :/

And how is it HT's misses that damn mole on Bale's nose every time?

M.

No there was no Batsignal on the suit when he wore it with that gear. So it fails in that respect.

And you don't like Begins much because of the suit.... well :monkey1

And yes, they missed the mole and also the scar/vein under the eye.

Nope, the emblem wasn't on the suit. Even Mattel got that right and they're known for their lazy attempts at re-releases.

dcucmoviemastersbrucewa.jpg

SkiMaskBatmanBegins1.jpg

No there was no Batsignal on the suit when he wore it with that gear. So it fails in that respect.

And you don't like Begins much because of the suit.... well :monkey1

And yes, they missed the mole and also the scar/vein under the eye.

When I think about it, would there have been another way to include an alternate,film accurate prototype suit without packing in an entire extra body and suit?

Nope, the emblem wasn't on the suit. Even Mattel got that right and they're known for their lazy attempts at re-releases.

dcucmoviemastersbrucewa.jpg

SkiMaskBatmanBegins1.jpg

Also, it's a lot easier to include a bat-less body on a $10-15 figure than a $200-230 figure.

I emailed toys2 and they said
"At this moment, we are not sure if we can get those Toy Fair Exclusive figures".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back