HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wtf, Les? I thought you'd have already gotten yours by now! My Wolf arrived with no warning last Saturday via EMS, so yours will probably show up on your doorstep any day now. Hang in there! :D

I am having mixed feelings on the Wolf for some reason. I missed out on the P2 Elder:confused:, and part of me wants to cancel the Wolf and try to snag an Elder. I currently have the AVP Scar and Celtic, and the Sideshow BD P2. I was wanting to snag one more to round out the group...at least until the P1 releases. I'm sure that once I get the Wolf I'll appreciate him like my other Preds. Any thoughts?

I would say keep your Wolf order. The only thing going for the Elder in my opinion is his headsculpt. I don't know why everyone is raving about him but he barely has any accessories and has very limited articulation (you can't even move his left arm at the shoulder due to the armor). I've had my Elder in the same pose since day one....it is the only cool pose for him in my opinion. Wolf on the other hand comes loaded with accessories. The big head syndrome is not obvious at all in person and I now understand what Hot Toys was trying to accomplish with the skinnier body. He looks really lean and ready to kill!!:monkey5

Oh and Predators are that much cooler with a mask! So another point for Wolf

dscn1753xp6.jpg

dscn1755qy6.jpg

dscn1749ml3.jpg

dscn1747wt0.jpg

Don't cancel your wolf. There are some "insider" news that this one's gonna be one of the rarest Predator ever released!! :monkey5

Well, I guess I will hold on to him then. I wonder why this will be one of the rarest...I figured with Hot Toys increased popularity, they would be increasing production numbers...maybe there was less demand?

Don't cancel your wolf. There are some "insider" news that this one's gonna be one of the rarest Predator ever released!! :monkey5

I kinda doubt that. I believe that Wolf was produced in more quantities than usual. My local dealer was able to order 30 Wolfs but was only able to get 6 BD P2s.

I heard it from one of my friends in HK. He works for one of the toy companies there but I can't say which one because the "cat will be out of the bag"!!!

Some pointers for those of you who will be putting him together soon.

1. Underwear Garb thingy: you have to slip it through both his legs and force it up to his groin. At first I thought it would unhook and open up somehow so that you could just put it around his waist but there isn't (ended up having to superglue part of the underwear garb back on.

2. The springs for his mask, shoulder armor, and shoulder cannons are quite annoying. I don't think it was a problem for everyone but for me some of the springs wouldn't go in the holes. Some wouldn't stay in so I had to use superglue. Plan ahead! I superglued the springs onto his mask not planning ahead and now it is stuck there forever (don't really want to force it out).

3. His mask does not stay on his face as well as the P2 Predator. Gets kind of annoying trying to get it to stay on.

Despite the minor annoyances he is now my favorite Predator! I also got Takara Batman this weekend but haven't even opened him up because of Wolf. I guess the little kid inside me loves monsters more than superheroes!

I heard it from one of my friends in HK. He works for one of the toy companies there but I can't say which one because the "cat will be out of the bag"!!!

I don't see how that can be case because the number of pre-orders taken were pretty much the same as the previous Predators. There appears to be manufacturing issues however, otherwise retailers such as abcexpress would have received them weeks ago.

For what it's worth, I think Wolf is a must have for anyone collecting Hot Toys Predators. He went together with surprisingly little effort. Paint apps are nicely done, though a good repaint would really bring him to life.

I only have a minor "issue" with the molded-on arm gauntlets. It restricts articulation so that his arms can't fully bend at the elbows, mainly because the armour sleeves can't be rotated like they could on previous figures. I don't mind the leg armour being molded on, but I do wish they'd made the wrist armour removable.

Last edited:
I don't see how that can be case because the number of pre-orders taken were pretty much the same as the previous Predators. There appears to be manufacturing issues however, otherwise retailers such as abcexpress would have received them weeks ago.

In any case, this is just what I heard. Hopefully, there is no shortage so that everyone can get their own wolf because this one's sure is hot. :rolleyes:

1. Underwear Garb thingy: you have to slip it through both his legs and force it up to his groin. At first I thought it would unhook and open up somehow so that you could just put it around his waist but there isn't (ended up having to superglue part of the underwear garb back on.

2. The springs for his mask, shoulder armor, and shoulder cannons are quite annoying. I don't think it was a problem for everyone but for me some of the springs wouldn't go in the holes. Some wouldn't stay in so I had to use superglue. Plan ahead! I superglued the springs onto his mask not planning ahead and now it is stuck there forever (don't really want to force it out).

3. His mask does not stay on his face as well as the P2 Predator. Gets kind of annoying trying to get it to stay on.

Despite the minor annoyances he is now my favorite Predator! I also got Takara Batman this weekend but haven't even opened him up because of Wolf. I guess the little kid inside me loves monsters more than superheroes!

Thanks for the tips =). I would rather not use any glue on the figure at all, hehe =). PS: Great pictures =).

Hot water or a good dose of hairdryer will make it relatively easy to put on. I just pressed his thighs together as close as possible before sliding it up over his legs.

I had some trouble keeping his mask on too at first. I softened it up a bit with the hairdryer and gently squeezed the lower part that fits over his face together until it cooled and hardened again. If you do that first it will stay on.

Same thing for the medkit that goes on his back. It kept popping off, so I heated up the little tab on the bottom of it and gently lifted it up a little so it could engage the slot on his armour better. No problems with it so far.

In any case, this is just what I heard. Hopefully, there is no shortage so that everyone can get their own wolf because this one's sure is hot. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I my words came out the wrong way...I'm not that good with words:monkey5. Hey you from Taiwan too? That's where I'm from!

Hot water or a good dose of hairdryer will make it relatively easy to put on. I just pressed his thighs together as close as possible before sliding it up over his legs.

I had some trouble keeping his mask on too at first. I softened it up a bit with the hairdryer and gently squeezed the lower part that fits over his face together until it cooled and hardened again. If you do that first it will stay on.

Same thing for the medkit that goes on his back. It kept popping off, so I heated up the little tab on the bottom of it and gently lifted it up a little so it could engage the slot on his armour better. No problems with it so far.

Thanks for the tip Mudshark I'm going to whip out the hairdryer and fix that stupid mask.....why won't you stay on!! Wish I could do the same for the medkit but I already superglued it in place :monkey5 I went a little superglue crazy on Wolf.

p.s. The problem I had with the arm coming out of the socket happened to another one of my friends. :monkey2 So be sure to move the arms around when you get wolf to make sure his arms are nice and tight. It can be fixed by opening his chest up and tightening the screw but I don't know how many of you would want to do that for a $150 figure. Quality before quantity Hot Toys!!! don't get too greedy!

Man I can't wait! One more day for mine... just ONE MORE DAY!

I haven't been this excited for a long time, BRING ON MY WOLF!

Sorry if I my words came out the wrong way...I'm not that good with words:monkey5. Hey you from Taiwan too? That's where I'm from!

I am from Kansas, US. But I do travel to Taipei for work regularly. Which part of Taiwan are you from? Just for info, my mum is Taiwanese. :)

I ordered 2 pcs of Wolfs from a HK shop and they are currently on their way to my home in the US. I can't wait to get home and see my "Wolf"! One pc is for my collection (he will be my 5th Predator), the other pc is a gift for my good friend. But I'll only be giving it to him next month on his birthday.

I'm from Taipei! It is also easy to get Hot Toys here so you could buy some on your business trips (the huge boxes may make it a problem to transport though). Good thing about buying them here is that you don't pay tax and shipping is only like $3. I paid around $137 total for Wolf so you can keep that in mind the next time you come around.

I'm from Taipei! It is also easy to get Hot Toys here so you could buy some on your business trips (the huge boxes may make it a problem to transport though). Good thing about buying them here is that you don't pay tax and shipping is only like $3. I paid around $137 total for Wolf so you can keep that in mind the next time you come around.

Great!!! Guess I have been spending too much time in the meeting rooms during all my trips to Taiwan. On my next trip, I will definitely spend more time to look around town. I am trying to get Chopper to add to my collection. Missed out that guy when it was released.

Box size should not be a problem as I usually travel quite light. I just need to remember to bring along a larger suitcase on my next trip! Thanks for the tip, buddy!!

Thanks for the tip Mudshark I'm going to whip out the hairdryer and fix that stupid mask.....why won't you stay on!! Wish I could do the same for the medkit but I already superglued it in place :monkey5 I went a little superglue crazy on Wolf.

p.s. The problem I had with the arm coming out of the socket happened to another one of my friends. :monkey2 So be sure to move the arms around when you get wolf to make sure his arms are nice and tight. It can be fixed by opening his chest up and tightening the screw but I don't know how many of you would want to do that for a $150 figure. Quality before quantity Hot Toys!!! don't get too greedy!

Hope the mask stays on for you, it did for me. And thanks for the info about the loose arms. The arms on mine are fine so far, but I've been handling him with extra care. Haven't needed the superglue yet, fortunately. :monkey4

I have a question about the mounts for the shoulder cannons and I wonder if maybe you could answer it for me. On the box it shows them tilted outward, but when I very gently tried to move them sideways like that, they didn't budge. I didn't try to force them. It could be they're just tight... or maybe HT changed the design on the production model. Any thoughts or information on this would be much appreciated. :D

Back