HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That last shot is great of the skull under the dome. The whole thing looks pretty shiny too although the tail needs to be longer. Thanks for the pics.

I dont think that this i a great representation of the Dog. But what can you expect? Its Hot Toys. They are known for taking creative liberties with their Alien figures. So, I feel that if you look at it and just it and not the ADI creature then it kicks ass, but if you compare it to the ADI creature then you say "Wow, this looks very inaccurate."

not a fan , I don't usually care about accuracy but I don't like the look they have took. And unless its just the posistions its been in on the photos I've seen to me it always looks very toyish. Not for me I think....

I can't fathom how some of you guys don't care about accuracy. I would have thought thats part of the whole point of figures based on movie licenses.

I can't fathom how some of you guys don't care about accuracy. I would have thought thats part of the whole point of figures based on movie licenses.

I care about accuracy to a certain point. I own an alien cinemaquette now and I know alot of alien fans don't like that because its not very accurate but to me thats what I saw on screen. With this dog alien its not really. Its bothering me too because I can't put my finger on what it is I don't really like. :confused:
Hmmm.... ah well. More money for me I guess.

I'm just really suprised I don't want this.

Maybe its the pose. Try to pose him crawling lower and closer to the ground with his back arched. Make him more "beast-like".

Well, the body is quite shiny but its a slimy kind of shiny which looks good in person. The flash of the camera exaggerate this way out of proportion and the camera did distort the overall look of the figure somehow, it looks way better in life. and the dome have a pearly look to them which makes them look expensive, which the photo does not show.

Inaccurate as it may be, this is the most screen accurate Hot Toys alien to date which is lightyears better than the Aliens alien. and that's a good thing right? :lol

and HT once again lowers the bar on their alien figures.
expect their original alien to look like a smaller version of the Kenner figure.
this is just sad. NECA needs to pick up the ball here.

No thanks. On either. NECA will end up screwing something up. HT just messed up the legs. Other then that, it looks very nice.

Hello to all of you!

Just got mine 2 days ago. Let me enlighten you all a bit on this figure.

1st, im not too sure what kind of mechanism they use for the legs cause they are all covered. I cant tell if they use wires or the same kind of joints of alien figures of old, as they do "click" into position when you bend them.

Yes, you could pose it on all 4, and it looks fab doing just that. one thing that is different from any old Hot Toys alien is that the legs are made from the same material as the body, soft rubber/silicone and not hard plastic. but in some parts, the shoulders and some parts of the arm, they are made out of clear plastic not unlike the dome on the head, so they do have that see-through thing going on there, which looks nice :D

And this thing is robust! its nothing like the Aliens alien. i should know. the right hind leg is a b***h to put in place! i tried dipping it in hot water and it still takes some force to get it in. in the process i've bent the leg in every possible position in attempt to get it in, and nothing broke! one thing you all should watch out are the fore legs, the pegs are really thin and it might break if you bend it funny. other than that, this thing is bullet proof, but you all should take care of the clear dome as not to scratch it

Hey M-Stig,

Thanks for sharing your pics and info. :)

Back