HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
05012009342.jpg

05012009350.jpg

05012009349.jpg

05012009351.jpg

Looks great to me. I think with some dynamic posing even better. My only complaint would have been to make the belly section longer, however that doesn't detract from the piece as a whole. I'm anxiously awaiting the Dragon for my collection.

It looks kinda meatier and fatter in the pics here compared to the McFarlane 7" which is much leaner and sleek looking.

Well, the body is quite shiny but its a slimy kind of shiny which looks good in person. The flash of the camera exaggerate this way out of proportion and the camera did distort the overall look of the figure somehow, it looks way better in life. and the dome have a pearly look to them which makes them look expensive, which the photo does not show.

Inaccurate as it may be, this is the most screen accurate Hot Toys alien to date which is lightyears better than the Aliens alien. and that's a good thing right? :lol

Its possible the flash is whats making it so ugly to me. I never use flash when taking photos of my stuff - it tends to make it all look very 'toy-like'. A superby crafted Hot toys 12" can be made to look like a Hasbro figure or a McFarlane 7"er when flash is used.

I'm sure this will look better in person but there will still remain some standout innaccuracies - such as the short tail. Not sure I like those forward pointing teeth either...or the hooved back feet.

Oh and the paint on this thing is going to flake off like a mofo.

I'm still disappointed that they didn't change anything to make it more accurate, but then again, I wasn't really expecting that
However, I'm very intrigued about the "clicking into place" thing... that's very good news if they didn't just use bendy wires inside the legs and arms.

I've come to terms with HT's artistic interpretations, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Looks pretty cool, I think he's one I'll eventually have to get... just not a priority at this time.

Shouldn't there b e review up soon on mwctoys? Wookster?

Im pretty sure the paint would hold better than the Aliens alien tho. Cause unlike the Aliens alien, they die the mold with the basic copper colour of the alien. so the only paint job on this alien are those specks and dabs of black. its pretty robust tho, i've stretched the rubber skin high and wide when i tried to put on the leg and no problems there.

Im still not sure about those leg articulation. it might be the same mechanism as the old alien or it might be a very hard springy wire. it doesn't feel like the wire in the tail tho, there's a different kind of resistance to it.

This figure is in no way perfect by any stretch. but im too big of an alien fan to say anything bad about it :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl best alien figure from Hot Toys so far IMHO:chew

I've come to terms with HT's artistic interpretations, so I'm looking forward to this one.
the problem with that is the line between "artistic interpretation" and an inaccurate sculpt is extremely blurry.
i'm not paying $130 for an interpretation. i want a reproduction. and this falls into the category of inaccurate sculpting.
it's not that HT can't make movie accurate aliens, they just know they don't have to make the extra effort for a better sculpt.
waiting for NECA dog alien.
McF and HT A3 stuff sucks (to me) ……
exactly.
i don't remember anyone calling the mcfarlane a3 an "artistic interpretation" because it didn't look like the movie.

Anyone know if the Dog Alien 1992 Halcyon model-kit was accurate? I seem to remember one of the selling points was that Halcyon had access to the designs in order to get it as accurate as possible? It had hooves too. I have one and its been my favourite model kit.

Mandel_Halcyon_3er_5.jpg

See now ( accurate or not ) to me thats more close to what I seen on screen.
I think after thinking about it a little last night the thing that puts me off this figure is that it can't get into many poses that I would like it in looking natural enough , and since I want my figures ( and any collectible ) to look like there straight out of the movie the hot toys dog alien just isn't for me.

I think I will save up and either get the alien 3 maquette or the sideshow dio to reperesent the dog alien. They just look closer to what I personally saw from the movie.

I guess it all depends on whats more important to you.

Anyone know if the Dog Alien 1992 Halcyon model-kit was accurate? I seem to remember one of the selling points was that Halcyon had access to the designs in order to get it as accurate as possible? It had hooves too. I have one and its been my favourite model kit.
i have it and it's extremely accurate. the only downside for me is it isn't crawling.
the only halcyon a3 kit i remember not being screen-accurate was the 1:1 dogburster.
i think it was based on giger's designs instead of the final ones used on screen.
the halcyon alien kits have been part of my collection since childhood and i still love them.

Last edited:
I'm all for accuracy (I think I've started enough threads about that! :D), but I've started looking at my HT aliens as what they are: interpretations. And as such they are very nice.
Disappointing, as they could be accurate, but I like them enough to buy them.

See now ( accurate or not ) to me thats more close to what I seen on screen.
I think after thinking about it a little last night the thing that puts me off this figure is that it can't get into many poses that I would like it in looking natural enough , and since I want my figures ( and any collectible ) to look like there straight out of the movie the hot toys dog alien just isn't for me.

I think I will save up and either get the alien 3 maquette or the sideshow dio to reperesent the dog alien. They just look closer to what I personally saw from the movie.

I guess it all depends on whats more important to you.

I totally agree with you dude, i'm all about movie poses and this one doesn't look like it'll look right on all four legs. A bummer because i need another alien or two to go with my collection:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2. I mean Predalien and AVP brown alien are just no match for Scar, Chopper, AVP Elder, BD Predator 2, P2, and Wolf. It's almost like i'm showing favortism.:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I totally agree with you dude, i'm all about movie poses and this one doesn't look like it'll look right on all four legs. A bummer because i need another alien or two to go with my collection:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2. I mean Predalien and AVP brown alien are just no match for Scar, Chopper, AVP Elder, BD Predator 2, P2, and Wolf. It's almost like i'm showing favortism.:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Predators

Wolf
Pred 2 elder
Pred 2

ALIENs

vasquez
hicks
hudson
apone
drake
ripley
custom newt
custom bishop
kane
dallas
aliens alien
lifesize 1:1 facehugger bust
cinemaquette alien

Favoritism ?.
:monkey3:rotfl

Now let sabres , facebox and abake post their stuff and put us both to shame. :lol

Back