How to upgrade Aragorn?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right. I have started putting together and customising the bits and bobs needed for my Aragorn figure. So far, I've cut the neck off the head and removed the hair ready for Darren Carnall to work his magic, and I've sculpted the adornments on the elven knife scabbard (these need tidying up and the details adding before painting). Clothes will be a mixture of the DiD and Sideshow ones, on a Hot Toys Ezio body with sculpted neck. I'll eep posted pics as I progress with the retailoring and weathering. Any comments are welcome as this is my first time customising :)

qzbc.jpg

7og1.jpg

Thanks for posting! I can't wait to see the finished product although its probably going to make me want to do it to mine.

Got hold of a Jack Sparrow body for the sculpted neck. Arms are too scrawny though so I've swapped them out for some larger standard TT arms. I'm still waiting on the Ezio body for a comparison before I start retailoring

Did some more work on the knife too - added straps and buckles. Need to add details with more epoxy and then buff it and paint it. Not looking bad so far. Haven't decided yet if it's worth grinding down the blade and etching in the Elvish script - it'll be in its sheath nearly all the time, so probably not.

6td3.jpg

t1t4.jpg

here are some quick phone pics of how it looks so far cobbled together. Still masses to do - coat needs more weathering and painting, boots need painting and weathering, head needs a repaint (Darren Carnall is lined up to do that - sweet!), plus general futzing. Haven't decided which jerkin to go with yet, as both look good. This is the DiD one, which although dark green rather than brown, is thinner so sits more nicely. Cloth boots FTW by the way :)

eo61.jpg
n8tx.jpg
8h8t.jpg
fpt5.jpg
i8f6.jpg

It's be really nice to be able to get the duster looking less like a dressing gown....

Back