How to remove smoke smell/residue from GG Yoda bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
Dave I understand why you deleted the rest of the posts but I'd like to have my defense of my obvious (at least I thought it was obvious) joke stay up.

It was a reference to what C3PO calls Jawas. Obviously the joke wasn't obvious to all.

Personally, I got a chuckle out of it when I read your post, Darth Loki. I knew exactly what you were spoofing and didn't think it was offensive at all.

And it certainly wasn't a deliberate attack on any members here or any "stereotyped" group.

Some people, unfortunately, can't take a joke. :(

As for the problem at hand, I doubt there's much to be done about the residue because anything strong enough to eliminate it will likely do far more damage to the bust. Best thing to do is try airing out the smell and avoid items in the future that have been housed near persistent smoking.

My mom smokes and when I moved out when I was younger I used lots and lots of Febreeze to get smoke smells out of some of my stuff, it takes a good mix of spraying it and letting it sit near a fan or/and an open window. And it can take a while because too much at once might damage some figures/statues.

Back