How to remove Mark iv Tony Stark head from neck?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stunna

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I have tried for the life of me to remove the neck from the head but it is so damn hard, feels like its permanently stuck on, i need to change the neck as the original seems too short for a tt body when u put a suit on, looks like he aint got a neck, has anyone had this problem and if so how'd u get around it?

I have tried for the life of me to remove the neck from the head but it is so damn hard, feels like its permanently stuck on, i need to change the neck as the original seems too short for a tt body when u put a suit on, looks like he aint got a neck, has anyone had this problem and if so how'd u get around it?

Excuse the large pic, as its the first one to pop out when I google it.

combination-plier-s1-L.jpg

Make sure you wrap around some cloth on it, as you wouldnt want scratch marks on the neck when applying pressure and pulling the neck from the head.

Hope that helps:peace

have u actually used this method? i was thinkin of doin this but afraid it would damage the neck, were u able to do it without any damages?

where did u position the pliers, was it around the whole neck as i dont think my pliers would fit around the neck, other alternative is to position pliers at the bottom where the ball joint hole is so it clamps on to side of neck and the side where the hole is to get a good grip.

you can also heat the head up a little bit with a blow dryer. This will make the plastic a little softer, so that there is less of a chance of snapping the neck peg

shieeet...the neck peg snaps? i thought it was a sturdy piece of plastic, better be careful....

wrap a towel around it and just pull it off

you can also heat the head up a little bit with a blow dryer. This will make the plastic a little softer, so that there is less of a chance of snapping the neck peg

:lecture :goodpost: :exactly:

Don't use pliers. The odds of you doing damage with pliers increase exponentially as opposed to the other suggestions mentioned.

where did u position the pliers, was it around the whole neck as i dont think my pliers would fit around the neck, other alternative is to position pliers at the bottom where the ball joint hole is so it clamps on to side of neck and the side where the hole is to get a good grip.

All around the bottom of the neck, from end to end.

If your plier dont fit around, you better buy a bigger one. Because if you position the pliers in the middle of the neck (inside the hole) and at the end of the neck, the grip wouldnt be as firm, plus you cant get the cloth inside the middle of the neck.

However like some have suggested, if you could, using just cloth would be even better. But make sure you pry it steadily and not try to twist, turn etc, as you might split the neck.

Do it the old fashioned way. One hand grabs the head, the other hand on the neck, and just wiggle and pull as hard as you can. Use the pliers if the neck peg doesn't come off with the neck =p.

Do it the old fashioned way. One hand grabs the head, the other hand on the neck, and just wiggle and pull as hard as you can. Use the pliers if the neck peg doesn't come off with the neck =p.

i must have tried the good ol fashioned way about 5 times and no result, i think i may have to try the blowdry/heat up method first, if that dun work imma plier it!!!

I pulled and pulled and pulled......

then the neck split in half. Luckily it was just the glue that came unstuck so it was an easy fix with some superglue.

All I have to say is BE CAREFUL.

I pulled and pulled and pulled......

then the neck split in half. Luckily it was just the glue that came unstuck so it was an easy fix with some superglue.

All I have to say is BE CAREFUL.

All around the bottom of the neck, from end to end.

If your plier dont fit around, you better buy a bigger one. Because if you position the pliers in the middle of the neck (inside the hole) and at the end of the neck, the grip wouldnt be as firm, plus you cant get the cloth inside the middle of the neck.

However like some have suggested, if you could, using just cloth would be even better. But make sure you pry it steadily and not try to twist, turn etc, as you might split the neck.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I had a similar problem with this same figure. I eventually got the neck of (even though it broke on the sides) but couldnt i mean, could NOT get the ball-joint-peg out of his head. That was stuck on there for good lol

Back