How to Remove a SS 12" Figure's Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally microwave some water in a bowl for a few minutes. Dunk the head in for 20 seconds and PRESTO!

*by the way, this subject really needs to be "sticky". :lecture

pixletwin said:
I personally microwave some water in a bowl for a few minutes. Dunk the head in for 20 seconds and PRESTO!

*by the way, this subject really needs to be "sticky". :lecture

Same here... never a problem... and no need to be loud with the hair dryer. Not to mention waiting for it to heat up and burning your fingers as you do so...:lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Same here... never a problem... and no need to be loud with the hair dryer. Not to mention waiting for it to heat up and burning your fingers as you do so...:lol
Awesome!!! P!tu Customs here i come!!!!

boiling usually works best for me but just the other day i broke one. instead of the head coming off the whole neck assembly pulled off and split.:monkey2

Okay, I'm one who has asked advice from this board before (thanks guys!) and after many trials and a few disaserous errors, I have come to the following conclusions:

A. If the head has rooted hair, protect is as best you can, and use the hair dryer method. (Unless you want your figure head to have a permanent afro on purpose!)

B. If it's a "hard head" with molded hair, boil away! (I don't care what method you use to get the water hot.) And yes, it works great for stubborn boots too......both on and off.

Sorry about your "broken neck" Mookey, that's why I keep the super glue handy. (I seem to have a penchant for breaking off SS female feet!)

Its just a plug that goes up into the neck. How long are you heating? The Sideshow heads are thicker :)lol) and more solid than some other companies so it can take a bit to get it pliable enough.

I've got a Sideshow Abraham Lincoln that I've been trying to remove the head from. I've tried the hairdryer method. I've tried boiling water- all with no results. What am I doing wrong? And how exactly is the head attached to the neck joint?

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Mark

Easy solution to removing the Sideshow Abraham Lincoln figure's head:

wait for Sideshow to release a John Wilkes Booth figure.

are all of sideshows necks like Abe's? Cause I removed his head sometime ago for my Sweeney figure, but was wondering if the other figures had the same neck or not.

Always has worked for me:

guillotine.jpg

:D

Back